[RP][OOC] PROJECT PHOENIX - Chapter 1: Cryoburn

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

doc525 wrote:Many of their weaknesses are dampened by these augmentations, but a few still remain- they are not resilient at all in resisiting low temperatures. Even a temperature below 32 degrees fahrenheit will cause brain damage that may or may not cause amnesia, and is not limited to such. They are also quite frail and have brittle bones.
Arcalane wrote:Scene; a small cryogenics/cryonics bay in an unknown facility, perhaps in space or on the ground. Eight tubes, all of which are occupied. Room is very dirty, walls/floors are rusted in places, tubes look barely functional. Glass is covered in ice and the tubes are full of mist. Status panels for all tubes display the following sequence, in Terran English;
Story continues: glass shatters with rising temperature, seven creatures step out. A limp, dead body falls out of the eigth. :lol:
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Hopefully whoever put him there had the common sense to pump the poor bugger full of antifreeze before they put him in the freezer :lol:
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Arcalane still has to choose the final 2 people who are in the cryo tubes till we can start and I believe it's only fair for him to set the scene a little bit more as all we can say is that we've got out the tubes and are looking around.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Yeah, well, I'm still waiting for an answer. I hopes I still get a chance of joining.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

submitting a character might be a good idea.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

BoVinE wrote:submitting a character might be a good idea.
Seems like that might increase your chances just a little.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

in case he chooses me, then i'll have him know i frequent the forum, even if i don't POST much.

Name: Elbark'num
Spieces: Frat'num
Skin color: light yellow with dark red "zebra" stripes
ocupation(s): janitor, emergency gunner

have to go, add more soon

edit:

more information on elbark'num:
hobbies: painting, wood carving
retained memory's: a single thought: "it's so cold.... but.... i must.... hold on.... maybe..... i could.... uhhhh...." then the freezing prosses took over, and he knew no more.
Clothes: loinclothe with beaded design of a three legged horse
gender: Frat'nums don't have genders. they can be male or female at will.
languages spoken: teran. he does not speak ark'num, the native laguage of the frat'nums, because, unknown to him, he's an outcast of society. frat'nums usually look down on painting and artistic things, and they kicked him out of his home town.

Typical spieces information: Frat'nums are amphibios humanoids, with rubbery skin and almost pug-dog type noses. the color of skin varies between individuals like human hairs and eyes do, so quite often two Frat'nums are mistaken to be of different spieces. however, they always have yellow eyes, and are always brown. the gills an their torso allow them to breath under water indefinatly, and though the squished noses typical to the spieces make them sound like they are snoring while awake, they can breath on land just as well as underwater. they do, however, have trouble breathing in space, but that's a given thing, as there is nothing TO breath in there. contrary to popular belief, they are not cold blooded, even though they have rubbery skin and are quite often in sub zero tempratures with little more then loinclothes. the reason for this is because they have an anti freeze in thier blood, as well as two blood systems. thier second heart and system of blood vessels is only as an emergency backup system to prevent death, but when this backup system is the only system, then they are truly cold blooded, as this is a cold blood back up.

Small amount of story information:
as it warms up, the blood in his viens start to flow. words of no meaning to him float infront of his eyes as he slowly wakes up. eventually both his hearts start beating as he remembers the last few moments that he can, and shivers at the cold. "maybe i could what?" he wonders, then at this he awnsers with another question, "who am I?". finally as the headache climaxes, he remembers his name, and says into the empty polar cave he sees, "Elbark'num, i wonder..."
Last edited by flabort on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Wolfbrother wrote:Arcalane still has to choose the final 2 people who are in the cryo tubes till we can start and I believe it's only fair for him to set the scene a little bit more as all we can say is that we've got out the tubes and are looking around.
Patience is a virtue. IC stuff happens when the IC thread goes up. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

ChaosTheory wrote:
BoVinE wrote:submitting a character might be a good idea.
Seems like that might increase your chances just a little.
No wai? Lemme try that.

Uhh, a couple of minutes. Just putting on the final touches. :P
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

That's what I was saying to Himura but you did it alot more succintly Arca.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

T-002 wrote:I suppose I can haz human?
Seeing as I posted a human with a bio and you didn't, chances are slim.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

Müg wrote:
T-002 wrote:I suppose I can haz human?
Seeing as I posted a human with a bio and you didn't, chances are slim.
Arcalane's logic is incomprehensible
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

No reason we can't have two, I suppose. It's all up to Arc in the end.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Verminator wrote:No reason we can't have two, I suppose. It's all up to Arc in the end.
Be kinda boring, but there is always the chance he'll shuck mine and go for a different instead.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Well, I'll give my human a shot, just in case Arc doesn't mind.

The outside of the pod starts glowing in a dim green light. Although barely visible, the following is displayed:

NAME: Frederico "Rico" Velasquez
HEIGHT: 1.72 m
WEIGHT: 68.4 kgs
BIRTHPLACE: San Isidro, El Salvador
PREVIOUS OCCUPATION: Security services
SKILLS: Small-scale armed/unarmed Combat, Limited Affinity with Vehicles

Hispanic male, basically. Slightly tanned, dark hair, dark green eyes. Average length, slender build. Not exceptionally powerful, but quite fast. He's not the aggressive type, preferring to think twice before making a move. However, he does have a knack for anticipating certain events. He also knows how to talk the talk, and even though he doesn't speak very often, he's far from shy.

Yeah. That's basically my final product. Arc can modify of course. Not that I can stop him, but yeah.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]