20 VS 20 Team Fleet Tournament - Phase 1 due June 20th

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Projectile weaponry fail vs. 8 impeders...?
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Confirmed 200hp busted with 8 impeders.

And no, I'm not going to explain how I did it, at least not at the moment. If it looks like everyone is going to build Aegis bunkers I won't bother, since I like my competitive advantage.

EDIT: Confirmed busted: 200HP Aegis, 8 impeders, 16 Flak
[/post]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Why flak?

Particle guns + impeders > flak. Except against railguns.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Anarki wrote:Why flak?

Particle guns + impeders > flak. Except against railguns.
Meh, just to make it more difficult. Although, I don't see particle guns making any difference. I'll test it out, though.
[/post]
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

I give you guys a measly 20 HP/aegis, and I come back to a bunch of bunker discussion :o . So it's multi ship bunkers, is it? Well, you have to remember 20 ships will be flying around, so if 200/300+ aegis busts are possible, they'll get quite wrecked up, and there's always gravbeam projectors for demeter pods. Also, kamikaze ships are reasonably easy to make, and they'd mess up bunkers a lot. Still, my intention wasn't to have aegis dominated game play, so,

I could:
1: Put a cap on aegises targeting a single section (100-120HP), but restrictive rules aren't usually as fun. It might be necessary because of the Command ships, though.
2: Make them more expensive.
3: Increase their sections/unit requirement.
4: Decrease the HP/aegis.
5: Give them a placement restriction like thrusters (maybe 20/30 pixels), which could be interesting.
6: Any ideas you come up with.

I'm leaning towards 4+5, but of course prefer 6.

Anna, do you want to let me know the flaws you found so I can try to fix the system? You can PM if you want.

Since I've changed things so much, there's liable to be a few loopholes, but it shouldn't be hard to catch them.

Any thoughts on the first due date? I didn't expect so many single person teams, but it sounds like that's popular, so I'll account for that in the due date.

EDIT: While we're here, does anything look wrong with any of the points other than the aegis?
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

I'm thinking of having each aegis past the 5th targetting a single section increase its HP by only 10 HP, and changing their cost to 30. Does that sound good?
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I'd say anything past the second, and don't raise the cost.

I'd also put a cap on max speed of say 6 or so to prevent ships from being too hard to target, but I appreciate the flavour you're going for here.
[/post]
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

I went with each aegis past the 5th targetting a single section increasing its HP by only 10 HP. The rules should be in their final form now, unless someone finds another problem. All further rule changes will be noted in the News section.
Ukomalkaizio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ukomalkaizio »

Epic fleet action?

Sounds delicious enough to eat.

And I believe that the parenting limit for sections is cumulative between weapons, modules, and sections?
If dolphins are so smart, then how come they get caught in those fishing nets all the time?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I'm in as always. Aegis busting is fairly easy in a fleet situation - I think that anyone who's made a uberbuild for the Juggernaut tourney has figured this out. This ought to be fun.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Ukomalkaizio wrote:The parenting limit for sections is cumulative between weapons, modules, and sections?
Yes, so if a section is parenting two others, it can only parent one weapon or module, for example.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I think that pretty much everything is okay. I think you should start listing the teams.

I personally would like to work with Darken Shroud if you're still floating around here.

I think most of the pointage is alright. You might want to bump up gluon bolters. With the large amount of ships we're going to have, I think that such a cheap area effect weapon might be a little too dangerous.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I'm open to working with other people also. I'm happy either on my own or as part of a team, so consider me a free agent.
[/post]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Do you want 20 unique ships, or just 20 ships total?
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

I think this is going to be a epic fail or an epic fleet battle.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?