Tiny Ships Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Tiny Ships Fleet

Post by Bad Boy »

Hello everyone, step right up and see the tiny ships fleet (there's an alien fleet and a human fleet). There's not much of a backstory, just humans fighting aliens or something, and the fleet is not designed for looks, or to be super duper, it is designed to be tiny, and to run better then stock ships. This post is partially to advertise for the Tiny Ships Encounters, which can be found Right Here.

Anyway, the fleets:

First, The Human Fleet.

And The Human Civilians:

Next, The Alien Fleet
The aliens are missing one combat ship, and they may get some civilian ships.

Now, here are the various ships you get to use:

The Command Vessel
The Tough Command Vessel
The Agile Command Vessel
The Advanced Command Vessel
The Tough Advanced Command Vessel
The Agile Advanced Command Vessel

Now, here's a big fleet fight off, which you can download in the encounter thread:
As you can see, the humans lost, because they didn't have a command vessel with them.

On a similar note, here's a list of how many sections each ship consists of:
fighter = 2
corvette = 4
frigate = 6
destroyer = 8
cruiser = 10
battleship = 12
dreadnought = 14
super dreadnought = however many I decide (right now it's 25)
Ships can be one above or below these values (eg. the dreadnought actually has 15 pieces). The command vessels do not follow this list.

That's basically all I have to say, enjoy.
Comments and criticism are welcome.
Oh yes, this post will be updated.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Mon May 12, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Without playing them in game, and just looking at the pictures, it looks like a lot of them are as big or bigger than stock ships, so I'm not sure how a big fleet of them is supposed to run better than a big fleet of stock ships?

Maybe pictures of yuors next to the stock ships would help... that said, they're pretty nice looking little ships.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thank you for the complement, most of them are smaller then stock ships, the biggest, is 25 pieces, and there will only ever be one or two in play at the same time. Anyway, although I should say something along the lines of, "download them and you'll find out that they're tiny", I tend not to download ships, so it would be hypocritical of me. So instead I'll post a screenie of some ships next to a Hestia. Here it is, all of the human ships with a Hestia and a Zelus. The Super Dreadnought (the biggest one) is in for a serious redesign, but that's not important right now. Anyway, here's the pic:
As you can see, the destroyer (the one right above the Hestia), is almost as long, but about half the length of the Hestia. I forgot to put this in the original post, the ship sizes go up by two pieces each time, except for the super dreadnought. This being said, here's a list:
fighter = 2
corvette = 4
frigate = 6
destroyer = 8
cruiser = 10
battleship = 12
dreadnought = 14
Ships can be one above or below these values (eg. the dreadnought actually has 15 pieces). The command vessels do not follow this list.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Sun May 11, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

It's not the size that matters, its the number of sections and the number of weapons/modules that count. And there are a lot more weapons than on stock ships.

Aesthetics-wise, I like the design of the ships (except the Civilians), however red/blue is a bad colour scheme. It clashes horribly. The alien ships are very good however.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thank you, for the complements, I know that red and blue clash, and I know that size doesn't matter. This being said, I updated with a list of how many sections each ship consists of. About the colour scheme, humans use red for their cores and sections with weapons or modules (except thrusters), and blue for their armour, while aliens use an off whiteish colour for their core modules and weapons sections, and brown for their armour. I chose the human colour scheme because I wanted something bright but kind of cool looking on a big scale (eg. the screenshot of the fleets facing off) but was easy to do (the colours are preset ones, so I don't have to manually screw around with the values every time). I chose the alien colour scheme because I wanted something preset, and different (i.e. not purple or pink).

The civilians were pretty much all rush jobs for the encounters. They weren't designed to look cool (none of the ships were, I guess they just came out that way), they were designed to take as little time as possible to make, and to be reused a lot.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Sorry for the double post and bumping, but I want some comments! I spent ages putting this and the encounters together, and all I got was two replies. Two! I mean goddamn, if my ships are terrible (which I doubt) at least say so.
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Those are kind of cool. 8)

Man those civilians like their nanomatrixes, huh? :P
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Strideo wrote:Man those civilians like their nanomatrixes, huh? :P
Yeah. Those civilian ships don't seem...appealing to me. No shape, slightly bland...and those nanos are simply dragging attention away. Too many of them, imbaing the entire ship. And the colour scheme...well. Let's just say that red and blue is a combination I would never use. At all.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

@MC: I talked about that a couple of posts ago. The civillian ships were cobbled together quickly for the encounters. The red and blue clash, but I like how they look with a lot of ships, but hey, maybe I'll change it. Anyway thanks for the comments, I'll be posting some new ships and encounters soon so...