New Ships of Seraphim Industries - Updated 08/03/08

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

I think these thrusters would look great on your ship

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ruster.sb3

:roll:
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anty wrote:I think these thrusters would look great on your ship

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ruster.sb3

:roll:
He has thrusters already installed. Thats an older pic.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

huh, what pic are you talking about?

I can see there are thrusters on the last pic, but I don't like them
Gabriel
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Gabriel »

Hmm, I've seen my brother making something like that, using the black with white outline. And he has red too, only a deeper red.
Bien is my brotther.
I am sorry for what I have said about everyone's ships.
Please forgive me.]
I have learned to spell, punctuate and capitalize from my brother and also hve been infected by the Grammar N*** virus.

[quote="bien4500"]To me they look like they have been plated with emeralds and sapphires. Blingships?[/quote]

[i]Stay tuned! We'll be right back with more Pimp My Battleship.[/i][/quote]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anty wrote:
I can see there are thrusters on the last pic, but I don't like them
No it doesn't, it lacks the thruster components.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The last pic does have thruster components. Still, it's not exactly appropriate to just post your own work in someone else's thread.

@Anna; words do not suffice.
Lizzie wrote:I will not forget, I will not forgive. What you do will come back hundredfold. Never forget this.
Does it work both ways?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

it is not appropriate to make thrusters for him?

he doesn't have to use them you know?
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anty wrote:it is not appropriate to make thrusters for him?

he doesn't have to use them you know?
I'm quite sure he might not like others posting their own work into his own thread. That's all. How would you like it if you were working on some big project for weeks and finally when you post it up, someone barges in and tells you about the ship's lack of thrusters, before posting up their own work into the thread? You'll feel insulted, won't you? After working for so long, and putting in so much effort?

Just think about it.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

ArcaneDude wrote:The last pic does have thruster components.
No it doesn't. The only last pic I see is this one, and it lacks thrusters.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... hWIP05.png

However I DO know it has thrusters because Anna showed me this shot in IRC.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... hWIP06.png
However I have yet to see the above in any part of this thread.
Does it work both ways?
What?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I think he didn't mean the module thrusters, but rather an assembly that resembles thrusters. Which it has.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Project: BABYLON is complete, and the X17 Gilgamesh-class Titan is put into service, alongside the Cú Chulainn-class Cruiser, and updated versions of the Memento Mori-class Dreadnaught and the Pantheon-class Dreadnaught. The Orbital Industries Fleet, the most powerful military force in S.I.U.S. space, is now armed and prepared for intergalactic conflict, to the fullest.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Download the Orbital Industries Fleet.
Last edited by Anna on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

HOLY...
uhhh...
uhhh...

HOLY SOMETHING!!!
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm needless to say, the ships are not only magnificent, they are a work of art. I am not a fan of some of the part mashing used to fill the structure, although that may be intentional and it certainly adds a realistic look from a distance. The impressive part to me is that none of the ships LOOK like wank ships, aside from their sizes, which is sometimes the case with titans. Though no doubt uberly powerful to match their size, they look almost underarmed just by appearance, which is nice because it allows for aesthetic placement. Sorry about spelling.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote:hmm needless to say, the ships are not only magnificent, they are a work of art. I am not a fan of some of the part mashing used to fill the structure, although that may be intentional and it certainly adds a realistic look from a distance. The impressive part to me is that none of the ships LOOK like wank ships, aside from their sizes, which is sometimes the case with titans. Though no doubt uberly powerful to match their size, they look almost underarmed just by appearance, which is nice because it allows for aesthetic placement. Sorry about spelling.
Thank you. It's nice to know that my aesthetically inclined ships aren't entirely bad. Yeah, the part-mashing used to fill in the structure in some places is fairly annoying. I'm not really fond of it myself, but with the larger ships, its either that, or even more and more work, adding more detail that for the most part won't even be visible when you're zoomed out far enough to see the whole ship.

As to the weapons... yeah, I prefer to use a handful of really powerful weapons, positioned to look good, as opposed to slapping guns all over the damn thing and hiding the hull beneath all the firepower.

No need to apologise for your spelling, either. :lol: There's not a single incorrectly spelled word in your post.

ArcaneDude, Master Chief, while I appreciate your efforts, I actually don't mind Anty posting those thrusters here. They're very good, and I would have used them, if I didn't already have the thruster sections on the ship. But it would have been too much effort to change around entire parts of the hull to include them.

Anty, thanks for the effort. :D I appreciate your attempt to help, and if you're okay with it, I may use those engines on another ship, at a later date.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

actually, on reflection after trying to play with them, the internal pieces don't much matter because of the sheer complexity. Sadly I can't do much with the Gilgamesh because it reduces my frame rate to 4 :cry: but when I used the Cu Chulainn, I was very impressed with the custom weapons. I particularly liked the two blaster weapons; I think I get how they were done but certainly wouldn't have thought of doing it that way. Hopefully putting in ram this weekend will let me truly have fun with them. Also my best attempt at a titan ship almost fits in the crook of your titan's wing. Humbling at the least