New Ships of Seraphim Industries - Updated 08/03/08

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Xanithor wrote:what are those thrusters on the sides and front open space of the ship for?
A better answer is that they're probably there to look cool, seeing as they probably don't lower the maneuverability of the ship.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Bad Boy wrote:Very nice! For some reason, those thruster effects look weird and really good. Is it fully armed? Because it doesn't look it (if you didn't want to spoil the hull with too many weapons so you just put a few modded ones, then forgive me for asking a stupid question).
Trust me, it's fully armed. And obscenely powerful. I may have over-done it a little. But that's my thing. Over-doing stuff. :lol:
Xanithor wrote:Might be a silly question, but what are those thrusters on the sides and front open space of the ship for?
Maneuvering thrusters, my good man!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

I wonder how quickly this one destroys my ships. :lol:
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Belive me, any ship I have besides the Myth and the Solaris gets murdered by thing thing. it's a great ship, although the open space in the front looks awkward to me, personaly.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well to be fair Commodore, the Myth was underpowered for its size. I can't really comment on the Solaris.
@Seraph: There's no such thing as overdoing stuff, actually I take that back, but I doubt that ship is too overdone (goes to download it just to see).
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

the solaris has a 1500 damage megabeamer, that's tough. This ship have a 4000 damage gosling, that's tougher, but it can't kill the solaris all at once due to the sheer number of sections.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
Xanithor wrote:Might be a silly question, but what are those thrusters on the sides and front open space of the ship for?
Maneuvering thrusters, my good man!
Maneuvering thrusters my ass, boyo. ;)

I know what you're up to!

Ed: Whups, responding to something you haven't even posted yet.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Let me guess, without the thrusters the ship goes faster? Also, I take back what I said about this ship, it's crazy overdone, 9000 life (that's the main thing about it, it just won't die!) and all the weapons do at least 1000 damage per shot! I look forward to your next monstrosity.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Bad Boy wrote:Let me guess, without the thrusters the ship goes faster?
Not yet.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Because I like to show off...

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Black planet?
Nice effect.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Anna

Post by Anna »

S.I.U.S. National News, on Channel 4120.

The top secret "Project: BABYLON" is currently under construction, hidden away deep in Orbital Industries territory. President Aradel Seraphim has been tight-lipped on the matter, refusing to address any claims, questions or rumours, regarding the top-secret project.

We were, however, able to obtain a rather hazy image of what has been built, so far:

There is speculation that this is only 50% of the completed design, although some analysts have even suggested that it might represent as little as 30% of the final product.

The Cú Chulainn, another member of the Orbital Fleet, has not yet been released from the Ophanim Shipyards on Ellari IV, although it is confirmed that construction of the ship has been finalised. Rumours indicate it will enter service once Project: BABYLON is completed, along with modifications to the Memento Mori and Pantheon class Dreadnoughts.

Quality Control Enforcer
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Not fair! You snuck up on us with those ships! :lol:

Okay then, I like what you've got so far, but, on the Babylon, those white pieces (reactors) are really sticking my eyes out. I suggest you change them to something less flashy.

And what have we here...a MEDIUM SIZED SHIP? All hell has broke loose!
I'm very much liking that design, although the sheer amount of thrusters seems a bit misplaced.

On a side note, are you basing those fancy names, like Cu Chullain, on any specific language?

EDIT; just noticed something, the Memento Mori, Pantheon and Cu Chullain are based on the same hull, aren't they? 8)
Anna

Post by Anna »

ArcaneDude wrote:Not fair! You snuck up on us with those ships! :lol:
I'm like a fucking shipbuilding ninja. :lol:
Okay then, I like what you've got so far, but, on the Babylon, those white pieces (reactors) are really sticking my eyes out. I suggest you change them to something less flashy.
Eh, they're supposed to stand out. They're big, glowy reactors for the ship's main gun.
And what have we here...a MEDIUM SIZED SHIP? All hell has broke loose!
I'm very much liking that design, although the sheer amount of thrusters seems a bit misplaced.
You should see the engine trails on it, when it flies. :D They're so pretty.
On a side note, are you basing those fancy names, like Cu Chullain, on any specific language?
On the names: Memento Mori means "Remember that you are mortal" or "Remember that you will die" in Latin, Pantheon is word derived from Ancient Greek, which basically means "All Gods", Cú Chulainn is the name of a mythological hero from Ireland.
EDIT; just noticed something, the Memento Mori, Pantheon and Cu Chullain are based on the same hull, aren't they? 8)
Yes. :lol: Yes, they are.
Quality Control Enforcer
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Damn. I'm gonna need more toilet paper.

The Cú Chulainn is very pretty. I keep having to think about the scale, because it really looks like a small-ish fighter. It is very pretty, though. The turrets give it a nice look as well. Very good job on this, as always. ^^

Also... Project: BABYLON just scares me. In a good way.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]