It's Finally Here, The Satanist Fleet!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It's Finally Here, The Satanist Fleet!

Post by Bad Boy »

Note, the following content contains 56k rapage but don't let that stop you from viewing the fleet.

Although many of you probably don't remember (or if you're a newer member don't know of) my Papal Fleet, if you do (yay, I feel important), you may remember me saying something about making a satanist fleet to oppose them. Well, as you'll know if you read the title, it's finally here.
This proves all of you (nonexistent) people who though I was doing nothing for the since March 17th wrong. Anyway, enough with the chit-chat, here come the ships and backstory.

The Backstory:
When the leader of the satanist fleet (sadly I find myself unable to think of a clever and witty name for a moment, any suggestions would be saw that the pope was making a fleet, he told his cult slaves to get off their asses and make him one too. They (they being me), quite intelligently realised that making a fleet with 50 or so different types of ships (that's how many there will/should be in the papal fleet) was stupid, time consuming, and generally put you off BSF after a while (that's why I've been fairly unproductive lately, I simply didn't feel like building ships). So instead, they built six ships and 1 station (5 of those ships are available for release, the station will come shortly). The satanist leader was happy with this and went on to try to conquer the stars. There's my backstory and I'm sticking with it. Now for the ships.

The Ships:
As I said before, there are 5 ships so far. They are very awesome and now you get to see pictures of them (YAY!), starting with the fighter The Azazel.

The Azazel: (it's actually probably equal to a papal gunship but that doesn't matter)
ImageImage
ImageImage
The smallest ship of the satanic fleet, The Azazel is extremely well armed for its size. It is easily able to destroy papal fighters, and can take most papal gunships. A squad of Azazels consists of six ships.

Now, the flying, teleporting bomb, The Dantalion: (the last pic is the aftermath of it killing itself)
ImageImage
Sorry, I forgot to put a description for the Dantalion, I'll do it when I finish the station and reupload the fleet.

Now the Papal Battleship/Destroyer equivalent, the Melek Taus:
ImageImage
ImageImage
The second weakest ship of the satanic fleet, The Melek Taus is still quite equal to a destroyer or a battlecruiser. It is extremely well armed and armored for a ship of its size and it is also quite fast. All in all, It is generally superior to any papal ship smaller than a battleship.

Now the Papal Dreadnought equivalent that actually slightly stronger then a Papal Dreadnought (I think), the Naberius: (here's where the 56k rapage really starts)
These are pics of the awesome missile explosions the thing makes, make sure to screw around with the missiles on this (the Valefar's missiles aren't as good):
The rest of the pics are of it sitting there, fighting a ship, then killing itself:
The Naberius is the middle strenght ship of the satanist fleet. It is equal in strenght to a papal dreadnought. It is extremely well armed, however, most of its best weaponry is near the front. It is almost invulnerable to rear attacks due to it's insanely powerful rear cannon. Note that the description is actually slightly different in the ships you get because I forgot to save the changes to it.

And now, the final ship of the satanist fleet so far, the Valefar. It is armed with the most awesome and epic beam ever which you'll see below:
Now for the action pics, starting with it firing its mega-weapon, satan's vengeance: (Satan's vengeance comes in three parts, a plasma cannon with 1000% speed among other things, a huge modded beamer, and a bunch of modded railguns. The beam and plasma alone deal 15899.1 damage over approximately 5 seconds. All of these things are boosted black so you can't see them clearly in shipmaker. Satan's Vengeance has 2000 range)
Next up are its long range artillery cannons with 3333 range:
Next up, are shots of it killing three enemies at once:
The Valefar is the second strongest of the satanist ships and was built to rival papal super-dreadnoughts. It is extremely well armed and armored and can deal with just about any enemies it encounters. It is armed with one of the most powerful beams ever created known as Satan's Vengeance.

The ships the satanist ships were fighting were different variations of a ship I built to test weapons on. It has 85 sections and three variants. One with no weapons, one with a few modded weapons (the rear ones were made by Chaos Theory and when I was looking at the novelty weapon collection and testing weapons from it, I stuck it on these ships), and one with a bunch of unmodded weapons and a few modded weapons on the back.

Anyway, here's the download.

Well, those are all the ships so far. I spent many long hours on these ships and I hope you like them. Once I get my other computer fixed and th15 makes a new version of encounter maker, I'll finish the papal fleet and make some encounters. Any criticism or comments are welcome.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

haha the ships are great and ya i remember the pope's fleet. The dreadnought is awesome and the patterns of missles are too. Need to make them fire in either a 666 pattern or a pentagram, that would be all types of evil. Sadly the rest of the pics are taking too long to load so i will comment further later.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Awesome awesome ships. All the ships from the Melek Taus up look beautifully evil. Its not so much 56k rapage as fps rapage though.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

jwa8402 wrote:Need to make them fire in either a 666 pattern or a pentagram, that would be all types of evil.
I wish I could do that, it would be so awesome, but I don't think it's possible. Anyway, this is still pretty awesome in my opinion.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

I'm totally downloading this, these ships look like a fierce challange for the fleet of Spoot.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
LykosisViert
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by LykosisViert »

Very Nice!!

(yoink)

edit after looking at Papal fleet - damnation!! That is a very similar color scheme that I chose for one of my neutral factions. Oh well.
Last edited by LykosisViert on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

these ships look like a fierce challange for the fleet of Spoot.
No offense but I think my fleet would win. How many pieces does the Inquisitor have and what are its stats, that way, I can know which one would win (I'm on a computer that doesn't have BSF so I can't download your ship and pit them against mine).
Edit: My ship is about 750 or so pieces and you can see the rest of the stats in the pics.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Epic beam is not epic.

Also; experiment with different colours. Red is nice and all but you could also try orange in a couple of places.

I also strongly recommend experimenting with the beam overlay technique, as demonstrated here, here and here.

Should make your large beams a little nicer looking, which can go a long way towards making things look good.

Basically it uses two shock-beamers on top of each other - one makes the outer colour of the beam, and has higher damage. The second is white, and makes up the core of the beam, having lower damage to make it thinner. Other than that, however, the stats on both should be exactly the same and the locations should be as close as possible, and if you're really picky, set the damage/charge multiplier to 1 so the beam is always the same strength no matter how long it charges for. You end up coming out with this cool lightsaber-esque effect, as demo'd by the Orthus there. Not that I meant to show off or anything - it's just an example of how you could make the beam better. :)

Also note that the faster the cannon recharges between shots (and the longer the beam duration) the higher the chance of desynch between the core/outer beams. If this happens just select them and tell them to hold fire for a bit.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ya but the point of the beam was for the explosion at the end and how well the beam fits in the ship. I mean seriously, it's an exploding beam in BSF! I personally think that's pretty damn awesome but that's just me.
Anyway, maybe I'll try beam overlaying because it does look pretty cool, but I'll only do it if it can be done with regular beamers, because I don't plan to use shock beamers for this weapon. Maybe I'll overlay shockbeamers as the superweapon for the 1000-2000 piece ship that I'll build sometime to finish the fleet.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bad Boy wrote:Ya but the point of the beam was for the explosion at the end. I mean seriously, it's an exploding beam in BSF! I personally think that's pretty damn awesome but that's just me.
Anyway, maybe I'll try beam overlaying but only if I can do it with a regular beamer, because I don't plan to use shock beamers for this one. Maybe I'll overlay shockbeamers as the superweapon for the 1000-2000 piece ship that I'll build sometime to finish the fleet.
Mmmm... might be harder, but you could try using A/Q to shrink the core beamer's width which might help.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

This beam is the stretched, it's approximately the width and length of the railguns. Also, a problem with it is that it would be even harder to have it synch well, because I'd have to synch two beams, a plasma, and, to a lesser extent a bunch of railguns. (by this I mean I barely have to have the railguns synch with everything else because they fire two clips for every one clip the beam and plasma fire).

Also, don't worry, I don't mind you posting the pics since its to help me.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Those weapon effects are by far the most beautiful form of destruction I've ever seen.

Perhaps add in some different hull colourations, but wow those look amazing!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thank you Venator. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that all of the weapons on all of the ships are modded some (as is apparent) more then others.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Yup...my fleet can't win... :lol:

Arcalane: I WANT THAT BEAM! :shock:
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

framerate of 1 ftw~_~!!!![/i]