The Papal Fleet (Abandonned): Download Out

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Kanosint wrote:What can I say? It's simply beautiful. The second (non-carrier) Dreadnought looks a bit too blocky, and a few of the smaller ones aren't that nice to look at, but overal, it's bliss in a small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan, colossal, errr, REALLY FUCKIN' BIG package!

A shame about the Justice... Here's hoping Th15 finds some way to compress the data even further so our PCs won't crash when running those babies, hmm?
I don't think data compression will do anything; actually, it could even make things worse.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Don't worry,my dreadnoughts will run on almost every computer.

At 2 frames per second! Hoyo!

But seriously now, thanks for the comments, I'll be uploading a new dreadnought based on the Damasus chassis. But first I have to test it and take some pics. After that I'll only have one more dreadnought to go, that and four battleships, four destroyers, five frigates, one more miscellaneous ship, five large support ships, several superdreadnoughts, and I'm thinking of possibly remaking the Justice.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Bad Boy wrote:I'm thinking of possibly remaking th Justice.
And now, my wish comes true... You have truly made my night!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alright peoples, here's another Dreadnought, the Eutychianus. It was by far the easiest and quickest dreadnought I've made for this fleet. Why? you may ask (but only if you are blind, or as it's said in politically correct English, visually impaired). Because it is a Damasus with another section placed on the front. Why did I do this? Because the Damasus looked incomplete to me so I decided it would span two ships, one a battleship, and the other a dreadnought. The Eutychianus has 99 more pieces then the Damasus and is generally tougher. The pictures I posted are mainly of it killing a Zephyrinus, it killed it without taking too much damage mainly because the ai is retarded. Also, if you look at the design on the Eutychianus, you may think that it looks somewhat incomplete. Why? Because I'm planning to make a superdreadnought out of it. You thought Dreadnoughts killed computers? Well wait till you see what I can cook up and put into his popiness' fleet.

On a similar note, I'm thinking of changing the class of the Miltiades and making it a superdreadnought, after all, it has over 500 pieces.

Also, tell me what you think about any and all of the ships. And, once I finish four more Battleships, four more Destroyers, five Frigates, two more Dreadnoughts, and some more SuperDreadnoughts
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Strideo wrote:So, will there be a protestant fleet to oppose them? :P
a...fleet. won't say it to avoid offending people, but i can see a fleet of ships coming in pairs, latching onto your airlock and attempting to convert your crew...Captain...the aliens appear to be wearing...ties...fascinating.
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

^A Scientologist fleet?

Oh dear.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

No, silly, Mormans!
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

One phrase to describe 'em.

Religous fanatics.

xD
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
Kadorak
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kadorak »

Any chance of putting up a downloadable file of the ships you've done so far? Or did I miss one in the mass of cool photos? Would love to play around with the ships.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The opposing fleet is satanists. Because my computer with the ships isn't working, I've temporarily suspended work on the papal fleet. However, I've started the satanist one and will probably post the first few ships on the weekend.

Edit: Sorry for not answering your question Kadorak but I didn't see it, no, no dl until I finish the fleet. For me to finish the fleet or even upload the ships, I need to fix my other computer.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Anarki wrote:
Kanosint wrote:
A shame about the Justice... Here's hoping Th15 finds some way to compress the data even further so our PCs won't crash when running those babies, hmm?
I don't think data compression will do anything; actually, it could even make things worse.
Correct. I have run a few comparisons, and the main reason I can find for poor performance is processor capabilities. If this is true, then the main way to make BSF run faster is to make it utilize multiple cores or to buy a faster processor. At least, processor speed was the main difference in the computers I used. If I am wrong in my conclusions please tell me so that I may know why my computer (awesome as it may be) balks at 2d graphics.

On topic now, I really like how you've managed to take ships that are basically blocks and make a few of them look somewhat graceful. It is something I have failed to do (or maybe something within me just won't let me try) :roll:. Also, where did you get ArcaneDude's Angel? It looks like a good thing to use for testing of my own :twisted:.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

The last post which was made here before you replied was almost 3 months ago. And looking at your post, you do not have anything of extreme importance to say, thus I presume this is a necro.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ya, although I love to see my topic alive again, there wasn't any real reason for it, so I agree with MC. On another note, I'm thinking of starting to make ships for this fleet again, so look forward to them in the future (maybe).
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Nice fleet. I felt I should say something since I basically ripped-off the name of your fleet. :lol:

EDIT: I hope this isn't considered a necro, but if it is, then my apologies in advance.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2321][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/Psychokiller87/SwedeSig-1.jpg[/img][/url]