Team-Based Custom Fleet Tournament (Submission Starts TODAY)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should Dieterling Devices be banned?

Yes. By selecting this option, I acknowledge the fact that I am not using a Device in my design.
39%
No. By selecting this option I either use these on my ship, or think they are fair enough as is.
61%

Total votes: 46

Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

That's fine. I have a feeling I may not be able to open some of these SB3s anyway. Just make sure to include the itemized list of point allocations, so I can at least verify the sections/modules/weapons. I think most people around here are trustworthy enough to not cheat, but simple mistakes to happen.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Thank you. Now I've just got to hope that I can make an accurate point breakdown out of a .shp file >.<.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Thank you. Now I've just got to hope that I can make an accurate point breakdown out of a .shp file >.<.
1) Open ship.

2) Click on ship.

3) "Select offensive turrets", copy the weapon/module numbers it gives you.

4) Press DELETE, then find the highest of the blue numbers scattered around the ship. that is your number of sections + 1.

5) Check the white numbers. Make sure they are the default values, then tabulate the hp upgrades.

6) Check the ship stats, for turning, accel, and speed.

7) Done. Post it.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Uhh, Accel and Speed are combined into the same stat. What's the formula for that?

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Uhh, Accel and Speed are combined into the same stat. What's the formula for that?
No, you take the nember on the left, that should be SPEED, then on the right side of the "-" mark is ACCEL. Rember to divide ACCEL by 100 to get the correct amount.

So, "0.88-4" would turn into:

SPEED: 0.88
ACCEL: 0.04
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I'll do it when I get back from golf =D.

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

ChaosTheory wrote:
Himura.Kenshin wrote:Uhh, Accel and Speed are combined into the same stat. What's the formula for that?
No, you take the nember on the left, that should be SPEED, then on the right side of the "-" mark is ACCEL. Rember to divide ACCEL by 100 to get the correct amount.

So, "0.88-4" would turn into:

SPEED: 0.88
ACCEL: 0.04
Whoa. Thanks a lot, man. I didn't know that. :)
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

So, when is this thing going to start. I'm really itching to actually see the other team's ships.

Also Sponge, will you be posting any fight highlights?
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:So, when is this thing going to start. I'm really itching to actually see the other team's ships.

Also Sponge, will you be posting any fight highlights?
Tournament deadline is on the 22nd of March. After that, we'll have to give Sponge a LOT of time to run the fights. And if he decides to post the highlights here...well...let's say it could really screw up the forum servers. Well, possibly.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Where'd you get the 22nd? I think that's the Third Custom Ship Tournament. This tournament's deadline was March 4th, after being pushed back several times. That said, I'd really like to get Alpha's ships and start making my encounters. I'll need to make 12 of them, and then run them all five times each.

I may or may not post highlight images. Since each team will fight every other team 10 times, it'd be a TON of content to sift through all those writeups. However, I may take a few screenshots from each set of battles and post the best ones, with a bit of explanation.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Send those ships, Alpha. I want this to start.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Is it possible to make movies of the battles?

And all of our ships are done. I have everyone's .shp, but only my .sb3. Everyone else is supposed to send me their .sb3 and point breakdown (now barring CmdPrompt, of course) and I was going to compile them and send 'em in to you.

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Sponge wrote:Where'd you get the 22nd? I think that's the Third Custom Ship Tournament.
Whoops. My bad. :?
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Is it possible to make movies of the battles?
Yes, but with 6 sets of battles, two encounters each, and 5 runs with each encounter, that's 60 separate battles I'll be running. That means I'd not only have to use up tons of space on my hard drive, but also that it would take hours upon hours to upload them all to youtube. I don't think I'll be doing movies, but I will post the Encounter files I make. I also just thought of a new idea. I may make animated gifs of some of the best screenshots from each battle set. That way, it's more of a slideshow, and I can make them avatar-sized if people are interested.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Sponge wrote:
Himura.Kenshin wrote:Is it possible to make movies of the battles?
Yes, but with 6 sets of battles, two encounters each, and 5 runs with each encounter, that's 60 separate battles I'll be running. That means I'd not only have to use up tons of space on my hard drive, but also that it would take hours upon hours to upload them all to youtube. I don't think I'll be doing movies, but I will post the Encounter files I make. I also just thought of a new idea. I may make animated gifs of some of the best screenshots from each battle set. That way, it's more of a slideshow, and I can make them avatar-sized if people are interested.
Wow...thanks a lot, Sponge! Really looking forward to those.