1v1 Custom Ship Tourny (Will start fights soon, hopefully)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Yeah, Mega Tachyons might be a bit powerful in these numbers, I'll update them. Also, I think Thrusters are a bit off . . .
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

The rules allow for me to stretch a section 3 times in both direciton right? Or is it jsut three times?
Don’t worry it has airbags.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Was three both ways in fireborn's, no update to the rules so it should be by default both ways?
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Are the hardpoints limited to 2 per sections as well or are there no limit? So I guess the core is the superstructure and no weapon or module can be parented to it then. Is this the same with the 'Assault the Mothership 2' competition?
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

Koross: no limit, but weapons/modules may not touch
everyone:are we allowed to change colors of weapons, modules and other things?
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Pretty sure color changing is legit, just can't custom anything else on weapons and modules? But you can lower firing arcs all the way down to 5 degrees. Every thing needs to stay default, so its up to him about the colors really.

Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

The core does not have to be super structure. If you can see it, you can parent weapons to it, as long as they are on it, and don't overlap the blue dot. Also, 'super structure' pieces pretty much ignore the "50% showing" rule, but can't have weapons/modules parented to them, and only 1 in 5 can be like that. So you can use them as armour pieces that only have their edge showing.

Both ways for Piece stretching. Custom colours are allowed, as long as they are not too bright, or dark.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Does 8/4/2 correspond to BattleShip/Cruiser/Frigate?
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

^Yes
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

does anyone know when we will have to send Zancloufer our entries. Also here to say i will be entering all 3 classes, unless we can only enter 1
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Pretty sure we can enter one ship per category? I will also be making a ship for each class, I have a dandy so far battleship wise. I made a decent frigate, but I've never been to good when making frigates using fireborn's tourney rules. I will state again, this is gonna be a awsome tourney. Gonna do videos to some extent Zancloufer? Maybe for the semi finals and finals only?

Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Not sure when the entries will be due, but not for a while. You can enter one ship per category, and each ship must fight every other ship in their category. Not sure if I can make movies for the 'finals' with a round robin set-up though.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The standard write ups are entertaining enough. Infact I like them more since they sound more epic than the actual fight. :D
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

felt like giving my views on what we may see a lot of in this tournement.
1) mega techyons, as they are very cheap, so expect most ships to carry 1 or more.
2) ways to stop mega techyons. This may be what wins this tournament. i would be shocked if someone enters a ship with no way of stopping them, pretty much because of the overuse that should come. there are a lot of ways of stopping them, if you think creativility.
3) long range. to hit things without them firing tachyons back. simple way of stopping them is to stay out of range.
4) beamers. as only deflectors are likely to be brought that can stop them.

Things i do not think we will see a lot of in this tournament.
1) close range ships. unless you have too many deflectors to call it fair, you will be hit from all angles up close.
2) flak cannons. these may be the worst pd for mega tachyons, unless you have a lot of them(reckon 10 plus) they are too inaccurite to stop them quickly.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I have a close range ship that's practically immune to mega-tacs, :roll:

The funniest thing is that its a battleship. Go for mega-tac designs please, by all means.