Assault the Mothership 2: Electric Boogaloo![Closed]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Here's my ship, the HBP (Heavy Beam Platform) Vindicator:

Code: Select all

HBP Vindicator
Extra Core HP - 0 = 0p 
Total Core HP - 400 

Max Speed: 1.35 = 9p 
Acc: 0.06 = 3p 
Turning: 0.84 = 6p 

Sections: 15 *1  = 15p 
Extra Section HP - 2200 = 11p 
=44 points 
=20 points 
Scatterbeam x3: 3*2 = 6p
Point Beam x2: 2*2 = 4p
Particle Gun x2: 2*2 = 4p
Blaster x2: 2*2 = 4p
=36 points 

44 + 20 + 36 = 100 points total
-----DOWNLOAD-----

If we are doing this the same way as the first AtM, then this would be a [TEST] version.
Last edited by M123 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Since I've never been in a tourney, I'll go for this one. Gamma I 'spose. So long as the due date isn't that soon, I'm a busy bunny! :wink:
Stormcaller
Commander
Commander

Post by Stormcaller »

EndlessInfinity wrote:Up to you guys... so long as I get to see some more ships soon!
Check the Custom Ships section. There's at least four last I checked. Including my first draft.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Sign me up as an alt.
AWARDS:
[i]Most Innovative Shipmaker[/i]
[i]Shipmaker With Most Utility/Balance[/i]
[i]Most Annoying Member[/i]
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

I just wanted to point out that even though people are on different teams, there's no reason not to post your designs or to collaborate with other members. As far as I'm concerned, the mothership is the real enemy, and you're all in this together. I will run a little mini-tourney at the end, but that's just a little bonus.

Believe me, I've seen my ship in action - you will need all the help you can get.

edit: Oh, and M123, thank you VERY much for posting the stats, that helps me out a ton! If everyone could do that, it would make my life significantly easier! :D
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Up to you guys... so long as I get to see some more ships soon!

I don't want to submit my ship designs and ideas yet for two reasons lol.

Reason one - If I showed you my idea you would change the new mothership to counter it. So unless you can guarantee you won't change her when you see some of our ideas that will overwhelm her, I just can't show you my ideas. I will probably just submit my ship to my teamates when the time comes. And then submit it to you when you set a deadline for submissions.

Reason two - I'm using one of my 3 ideas for the team tourney Sponge is runnin, so I need to narrow it down to one idea, then I'll submit the other two for my team to choose which is better. Not trying to give away my ideas for the other teams to use against us in sponge's tourney, or try to find a way to counter. I'll try to get my ship ideas to my team soon though. But I'm just trying to keep my ideas seperated from the two tournies. But the idea is so promising, I just don't want to share it till I can make sure it won't be used against Team Beta Jack in Sponge's tourney.

And yes... I'm very bitter I can't enter my own tournament, so I'm going to help by trying to make helpful comments. I wanna see you guys win!

You are apart of the tourney silly, your mothership is your entry :wink:

I have two ship ideas in there first forms already for this one. Just working on the third idea now. Then I will begin to refine them, once there all refined. I will submit them to my teamates, but I'll probably wait to submit it to you, until you have a due date...and you promise not to change the mothership once you see my/our ideas :D

The ideas I have come up with are just super shady. And seem to work against fleets very well, and even better against one ship.
Last edited by DarkenShroud on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I think if thrusters took away a significant amount of speed/turning/accel, without super HP's, they would make a good negative point part.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Can I join? Team Delta seems a bit empty.
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

DarkenShroud wrote:Reason one - If I showed you my idea you would change the new mothership to counter it. So unless you can guarantee you won't change her when you see some of our ideas that will overwhelm her, I just can't show you my ideas. I will probably just submit my ship to my teamates when the time comes. And then submit it to you when you set a deadline for submissions.
There are only two things I have/will change - I moved the aegis generators to a spot that makes them a little easier to kill, and I'm playing with the armor settings, so it isn't impossible to beat (you couldn't see the generators before, and I don't think you can see them now, so it's a moot point). As it stands, I can guarentee the only thing I will change is the armor, and that will be for balancing reasons. I want this bugger to be a tough nut to crack, but not impossible. In a perfect world, it would either win, with about 50% sections/life remaining, or lose with half your guys' fleets destroyed. Do bear in mind, I'm testing it with the past teams (mostly team 2 because they survived), so it's geared towards a fleet of that caliber.
Last edited by EndlessInfinity on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

@EndlessInfinity - I just want to get this cleared up now before it becomes a problem, or raise awareness that it is an opportunity waiting to be used. You don't have a rule explicitly in place about parenting off of the core. Can the core parent two items or is it not considered a section for parenting?
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Jafo wrote:@EndlessInfinity - I just want to get this cleared up now before it becomes a problem, or raise awareness that it is an opportunity waiting to be used. You don't have a rule explicitly in place about parenting off of the core. Can the core parent two items or is it not considered a section for parenting?
I'll post this here and on the main page. You may !either! parent up to two items to the core, or cover it completely. Basically, if you can fit'em, go for it, but you aren't allowed to cover your core, put pieces where it would be, then parent them to the core.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

EndlessInfinity wrote: You may !either! parent up to two items to the core, or cover it completely.
Hold on, you mean up to 2 modules/weapons, or up to 2 sections?
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

If you can cover your core with 2 weapons/module, all the power to you. you could also cover your core with an unlimited amount of sections. You just can't have a weapon/module on a section that's covering the core, and then parent that weapon/module to the core. It'd be the same with overlapping sections. Basically, if it isn't logical, don't do it! ;) (or post a screenie and I'll tell you if it's legal or not)

edit: also, if you have half your core covered in sections, you could parent weapons to the uncovered half.

make sense, or would it help if I posted pictures?
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Just a question, can I change to diagonal space station core? The design I have in mind needs a bigger core so that I can parent most of my pieces to the core.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

When you say 'Aegised Sections,' does this mean total Aegis sections combines or just one?
Don’t worry it has airbags.