stock ships vs leviathan

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

thanto_
Commander
Commander

stock ships vs leviathan

Post by thanto_ »

I've been trying my luck against the leviathan lately, and so far, I've managed to beat it with 4 oenones and 4 enyos. I've tried it with other ships, like the two Moira ships, but so far, I haven't had any luck with them. The battleships seem to be completely useless against the Leviathan. I thought I'd try to kill all the PD with an Enyo, then overwhelm the ship with 2 Arcas carriers, but the point defense lasers in the core take out the drones too quickly.

Anyway, for people who have beaten the levi with the stock ships, what ships have you used and how fast have you killed the levi? My fastest time is 2:50 remaining with 4 Enyos.

And is it just me, or do the asteroids seem to target the player excessively? They always seem to spawn behind me...
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Maybe. I've managed to defeat Leviathan with
4 Enyos
2 Enyos and 2 Moiras
4 Moiras
4 Moira Xs (very close call. 10 seconds left)
4 Hestias

The big problem in Leviathan mission is that it has 2 aegisdeflectors between invulnerable sections in each 4 sides which take too much accuracy to destroy.
Last edited by Artman40 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

4 Enyos is the predominant strategy. It takes me about a minute and 10 seconds now, with 4 Enyos. Full bumrush, I turn interceptors to offensive when it range, and I use the tellers everytime they come up.

Seems to work, I have the top three legal high scores >.>
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Ive gotten up to 85K with Enyos. Just charge it, use Tellers a lot, and aim for middile. After taking out some of the Center Aegis, I Took out the struts for two of hte other arms. Works well, but there is a lot of luck involved in how fast you can kill the inner Aegis.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Yeah, the inner aegis pairs are really hard to kill. I tried with the lancets on the oenones, but they tend to hit the aegised sections instead. As for using the teller torpedoes... every time I've used them, they just get taken out by the PD beams.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Use them from a distance. Keep the Enyos at about Pulse Gun range, and have the Teller fire from behind them.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Hmm, DarkenShroud actually got over 137000 points... :shock:

I actually wonder how he did it.
Last edited by Master Chief on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Master Chief wrote:Hmm, DarkenShroud actually got over 137000 points... :shocked:

I actually wonder how he did it.
Still under debate.

Anybody come up with a mathematical maximum of points you can get on Leviathan?
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

I was able to get 65K with 2 Cronuses and 2 Aedons. Lost the Aedons though, and it took 3 minutes.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I just used one of my custom ships with alot of blaster fire, got extreme points for prolonged fire on the levi just now. Seems you get more points the more damage you do to it. A higher score then just beating her down quick. Not sure how I got such a high score, might be from hitting it so much, and at the sametime killin her fairly quickly too. That or its giving me to many points when I do lay down the law. I still think its possible to get a score like mine by making it take more damage, instead of killin it quickly. Seems the more damage you do, in a short amount of time, affects your score. At least when testing in sandbox mode.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

My experience also confirms that inflicting maximum damage as much as possible means you lose potential earnable points for blasting off parent sections and destroying child sections in the process, as the game does not count the child sections lost toward damage inflicted.

Case 1 -> using heavily modded plasma charge to destroy some of the sections and core at 2 min and 30 seconds. Around 70k points

Case 2 -> modded pinpoint accurate weapon that ONLY kills the Leviathan Core without touching any other section at exactly 2 min and 30 seconds results in less points.

If anyone else can confirm this...
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

thanto_ wrote:Yeah, the inner aegis pairs are really hard to kill. I tried with the lancets on the oenones, but they tend to hit the aegised sections instead. As for using the teller torpedoes... every time I've used them, they just get taken out by the PD beams.
That's with stockers or customjobs. The key is targeting the Aegis generator directly with precision weapons that won't cause an 'Aegis Flare' to cover and protect the target. Mining beams are perfect.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Except no stock ships have mining beams. Beamers, and railguns are okay, so are plasma charges.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Zancloufer wrote:Except no stock ships have mining beams. Beamers, and railguns are okay, so are plasma charges.
Rails are good. Beamers are too wide. I never considered plasma attack!
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Plasmas got hugely nerfed with their reduction in explosion size. 4 Moiras aren't nearly as effective anymore.