Fireborn's 2nd Tournament: Resolved at Last

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Ethril wrote:I mentioned it right after the Cower vs Sagittarius fight. :\
Well, I numbed him with mathematical details on how it worked :P and in a subsequent post he indicated that he had tried it (yesterday) and it worked! Guess it all depends on the approach. :lol:
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Phoebus vs Swarm Station:

Round 1:

The Phoebus immediately jumped on top of the Swarm Station...

getting behind it and taking out its rear armour, even as the Demeters began to dig through its own armour...

Seconds after I took the above picture, the Swarm Station was cored and blew apart... the remaining Demeters then attempted to destroy the Phoebus, and very nearly succeeded...

Round 2:

The Phoebus was a little bit slower to jump in close this round...

The Swarm Station was slower in raising its deflectors too, allowing it to target the rear sections that the Phoebus was attacking with one of its deflectors. The Phoebus survived the Swarm Station's first wave and continued to attack, but was unable to break through the Swarm Station's armour in time, and was destroyed by the second wave...

Round 3: Tiebreaker:

The Virtual Coin Toss came up head... again... But now I was starting to think there was something wrong with it (the VCT can roll a tails, but it never seems to when I first go to the site and ask it to flip), so I rolled a dice instead, evens standing in for heads and odds standing in for tails... it came up evens though, so the Phoebus played as an ally and the Swarm Station played as an enemy...

Like round 2, the Swarm Station was slow in raising its deflectors... however, unlike in round 2, the Swarm Station didn't raise a deflector on the rear armour section that the Phoebus attacked after making its Dieterling jump. The Station's was quickly cored rear armour was torn off, the Phoebus this time surviving the drones well...

Winner: Phoebus

Obfuscation III vs Phoebus:

Round 1:

This is probably the first fight in which the Obfuscation's poor turning rate (0.40) worked against it. Sometimes, when the two ships got close...

The Obfuscation had trouble bringing its guns to bear on the Phoebus. Jumping out to a distance with its Dieterling device, however, gave it sufficient time to turn, claiming the first section kill (accidentally deleted, that picture, sorry) and eventually destroying the ship...

Round 2:

I didn't mention the Obfuscation's use of its Frosch gun on the Phoebus last round, simply because it doesn't last very long (and thus does not have very much effect) on such a large target. This time, however, I managed to take a picture of it...

Anyway, the Obfuscation had fewer turning problems than it did last round,...

...which only served to make combating the Phoebus easier. One of its two main sections did take heavy damage, but ultimately the Obfuscation still soundly defeated the Phoebus...

Winner: Obfuscation III

Phoebus vs Scorpion:

Round 1:

Whilst the Scorpion was fast enough to pull out of the Phoebus' optimal attack range, the Phoebus relentlessly pursued, repeatedly using its Dieterling device to get close, its deflectors easily repulsing any fire from the Scorpion...

The Scorpion's tougher than average hull simply proved no match of an onslaught of ten mining beams...

Round 2:

Round 2 was almost exactly the same as round 1...

With the Phoebus barely taking any damage as it easily cut the Scorpion down to size (not the most convincing picture, unfortunately)...

Winner: Phoebus

Carbon vs SCOTLAND:

Round 1:

Like during its fight vs the Scorpion, the SCOTLAND tried (and failed) to keep the Carbon at extreme range...

The SCOTLAND was cornered, however, and a long battle ensued...

Eventually, thanks mostly to deflector failure, the Carbon was able to begin sniping off the SCOTLAND's weapons. Whilst the Carbon was also taking damage, it had little to fear in the way of system destruction thanks to its weapons being comparatively well protected, and the SCOTLAND only having one railgun... Credit must also be given to the Carbon's flak guns and impeders, which stopped the majority of the SCOTLAND's weaponry from damaging the Carbon...

After losing its deflector, the SCOTLAND began to lose sections...

And went into hullshock... it looked like it was all over...

But now the Carbon found it almost impossible to hit the SCOTLAND anymore, and the SCOTLAND continued to fight back with its three remaining weapons. It didn't have enough firepower left to punch through the sections of the deflector heavy Carbon, but it did manage to destroy the Carbon's two pulse guns and also two of its flak guns. Ultimately though, after some time of running the fight accelerated, the Carbon sniped off the last of SCOTLAND's weapons, securing a victory...

Round 2:

Once again, the SCOTLAND failed to keep the Carbon at range...

and another corner brawl ensued, with the added novelty that the SCOTLAND would occasionally retreat a short way up the left edge of the map, only to settle back into the corner again. The Carbon was once again able to start sniping the SCOTLAND's weapons off, repulsing any incoming fire aside from the weasel guns with its impeders and flak guns...

However, the SCOTLAND proved a stubborn beast, and even losing a section didn't prove fatal, as the SCOTLAND refused to give up its deflector to the Carbon's railguns this time...

I went away to write those last three paragraphs and went I went back, nothing much have changed except the SCOTLAND had almost lost its deflector and was now stuck in the top left rather than bottom left corner. Shortly after that, however, the SCOTLAND lost two more sections, but even that didn't kill it, as it still had its deflector...

I was getting tired of waiting at this point. Obviously the SCOTLAND had no chance of winning... It took a long time, but the Carbon finally finished off the SCOTLAND's deflector and was able to destroy the SCOTLAND's last remaining side section,...

...and eventually its bunker section, leaving the SCOTLAND in the exact same spot it had been in last round. Unlike last round, however, the Carbon was able to destroy the SCOTLAND's last section, securing the final victory...

Winner: Carbon

Obfuscation III vs Scorpion:

Surely the Obfuscation had this fight in the bag, right? The Scorpion lost every single other one of its fights, right? And indeed, the Obfuscation was quick to attempt to show the Scorpion who was boss, disabling the Scorpion with its Frosch gun and unleashing a devastating hail of weasel gun fire...

...this is, devastating for any other ship... the Scorpion, with its strong hull, simply shrugged it off... It soon sniped off the Obfuscation's Frosch gun, ensuring it wouldn't be disabled again...

...and systematically went about destroying the Obfuscation's weapon systems with its railguns and plasma charges one-by-one, leaving the Obfuscation without enough weaponry to effectively break through the Scorpion's flak guns...

until it was lucky enough to destroy two of the guns... Unfortunately for the Obfuscation, it was too late, the ship didn't have enough weasel guns left to punch through the Scorpion's hardened exterior and eventually lost its last weasel gun, putting the Scorpion well on the road to causing a major upset...

Round 2:

After what happened in the last round, the Obfuscation probably wasn't eagar for a repeat performance. It didn't seem to have much choice at first, however, as its entire weasel gun arsenal, when fired all at once, was easily repulsed by the Scorpion's flak guns. It didn't manage to hit with its first Frosch gun discharge either...

...Its second discharge did hit, however, but fortunately for the Scorpion, the Obfuscation's weasels missed. After that, the Scorpion took the Frosch gun out, it being simply too much of a threat for the Scorpion to leave intact...

The Scorpion did come a lot closer to losing sections than it did in the last round, but the Obfuscation just couldn't quite make it over the line. The Scorpion had a lucky break, sniping off the Obfuscation's port deflector (not pictured. The picture is of the Scorpion destroying something after it destroyed the deflector)...

...and soon destroyed the Obfuscation's entire port section...

It wasn't much longer before the Scorpion was able to complete its incredible victory, finishing off the Obfuscation and finally securing a win for its creator....

Winner: Scorpion

Obfuscation III vs Swarm Station:

Round 1:

I was concerned that this fight would end up being a repeat of what happened with the Obfuscation III vs Big Armoured Turd fight. At first, the Obfuscation equipped one of its deflectors to the wrong section, but was able to correct itself inside to save its starboard side...

The Swarm Station's drone didn't blow off the Obfuscation's deflectors like I thought they might, even though I made sure I used the same version of BSF for this fight as with the Obfuscation vs Big Armoured Turd fight...

...and the Obfuscation survived the first wave, losing only some of its small extraneous sections. It then fired a Frosch gun discharge, with proved moderately effective, and used the opportunity to destroy the rest of the Swarm Station's armour, which apparently sent into hull shock, as the stunning effect did not let up...

When the stunning effect finally faded, the Swarm Station's deflectors were gone and its drone pods had lost power, leaving it defenseless against an angry Obfuscation, clearly still smarting from its defeat at the hands of the Scorpion...

Round 2:

This time, the Obfuscation raised both its deflectors onto the right sections immediately upon being attacked...

But like during its fight with the Big Armoured Turd, now that the Obfuscation was playing as the enemy ship, it had its deflectors blown off, even as the Swarm Station's foward armour fell...

However, this did not, in fact, prove fatal (though it almost did). The Obfuscation survived the first wave and was able to use its Frosch gun to disable the Swarm Station and discharge both its deflectors and pod launchers...

By the time the launchers recharged enough to fire, there were only two left. These last few drones came to within inches of destroying the Obfuscation's starboard section, but just couldn't quite get there, and the Obfuscation took out the fight...

Winner: Obfuscation III

Big Armoured Turd vs SCOTLAND:

Round 1:

The SCOTLAND barely got the chance to even dent T.B.A.T. before it was surrounded by drones...

...and destroyed...

Round 2:

Once again, the SCOTLAND could barely make a dent in T.B.A.T. before being surrounded...

...and once again, destroyed...

Winner: Big Armoured Turd

Big Armoured Turd vs Phoebus:

Round 1:

The final fight of the cruiser category proved to be nothing overly special. The Phoebus didn't jump in close enough and was unable to cause enough damage to T.B.A.T. before it was overwhelmed...

...and destroyed...

Round 2:

Once again, the Phoebus didn't jump in close enough, was overwhelmed with drones,...

...and was destroyed...

Winner: Big Armoured Turd

Final Cruiser Standings:

Wins-losses:

1st Place: Obfuscation III: 6-1

Equal 2nd place: Big Armoured Turd and Swarm Station: 5-2 each

Equal 3rd place: Bullete and Phoebus: 4-3 each

4th place: Carbon: 2-5

Equal 5th place: Scorpion and SCOTLAND: 1-6 each

Analysis of cruiser entrants to be held shortly...
Last edited by Captain Trek on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Cruiser results and analysis:

The Obfuscation III by Ixranin comes in first place, with 6 wins and 1 loss.

Congratulations on taking out the cruiser category, Ixranin. The Obfuscation III isn't a good design merely for its admittedly exploitive use of deflectors, but its Frosch gun gave it a powerful alternate attack option, which proved vital to its battle with the Swarm Station, its Dieterling device gave it mobility, which was critical to its fight with the Phoebus, and its quad blaster proved useful in more than one situation where the weasel guns, powerful as they are, would have been useless... and indeed, the inaccuracy of those weapons occasionally proved to be a weakness. None-the-less, you picked a fantastic, and surprisingly flexible load out for the Obfuscation, Ixranin. Nicely done...

The next two ships tied for second place. I will talk about each one in alphabetical order, starting with the Big Armoured Turd...

The Big Armoured Turd by Anarki ties for second place, with 5 wins and 2 losses.

Anarki's Big Armoured Turd certainly did well for something he apparently threw together at the last minute. Of course, that was because of the overwhelmed power of the huge number of Demeter pod launchers he managed to stack onto his ship. It certainly shows just how dangerous Demeter drones can really be. I don't think Anarki should be faulted for making use of this power... I fell he still deserves to be congratulated for attaining equal second place in the tournament...

The Swarm Station by Winged Cat ties for second place, with 5 wins and 2 losses.

I would personally argue that this is in fact the better designed of the two Demeter pod ships. In addition to just carrying drone pods, the Swarm Station also makes some room for a few other goodies that ensured that ships that may have been able to damage the Big Armoured Turd couldn't even touch the Swarm Station. Winged Cat did an good job on this design, which is, in my opinion, unlike the Big Armoured Turd, more than just Demeter spam. It has the look and feel of a real space station, whilst also maintaining its tournament combat worthiness. Like the Ironboot, this was an interesting design idea which, unlike the Ironboot, actually worked. Nicely done, Winged Cat... Congratulations on the equal second...

The next two ships tied for third place. I will talk about each one in alphabetical order, starting with the Bullete...

The Bullete by Himura.Kenshin ties for third place, with 4 wins and 3 losses.

The Bullete is a similar design concept to the Obfuscation III, but without the flexibility. None the less, as a close range brawler it simply excels, and the amount of raw firepower it can put out is probably superior to any of the other cruisers. If you have a look at the fights between the Bullete and the two Demeter pod ships, you'll probably notice that something seems to be wrong with the ship's deflectors. I found out what that problem was.

You see, the Obfuscation III and the Bullete both have four small extraneous sections underneath the two main sections, to account for the 'one deflector every three sections' rule. However, on the Bullete, two of these small sections are further 'forward' (the centres of the two pieces are ahead of the centres of the two main pieces) than the two main sections, whereas on the Obfuscation III, all four extraneous sections are in the back. This is what caused the Bullete to mistarget its deflectors.

This is unfortunate, but now Himura.Kenshin will know this for next time. And congratulations for the equal third place are still in order. The Bullete is a sleek little gunboat and should not be knocked just because of easily fixed deflector issues...

The Phoebus by Admiral Evars ties for third place, with 4 wins and 3 losses.

The Phoebus is a short ranged brawler that features huge redundant sections purely for deflector targeting. The ship is designed to hide behind these sections and then rip its foe to shreds with its battery of mining beams. To some extents this worked, and to others it didn't, but in any case, the Phoebus' Dieterling device went a long way to helping facilitate the Phoebus' combat strategy, as the Phoebus was by no means the fastest cruiser in the tournament. The Phoebus is a solid, if not overly remarkable tournament design. Good job Admiral Evars. Equal third ain't bad, right mate?

The Carbon by Xerxes-17 comes in fourth place, with 2 wins and 5 losses.

This is something of a tough break for Xerxes-17. Like his Proton frigate, the Carbon is perhaps designed rather too much like an official ship, with glaring weaknesses and insufficient weaponry to really take on many of its fellow tournament ships. Its impeder, flak gun and deflector combination made the ship excellent on the defensive, however. In the end, though, it simply couldn't dish out what it could take. Better luck next time, Xerxes...

The last two ships tied for fifth place. I will talk about each one in alphabetical order, starting with the Scorpion...

The Scorpion by Arcalane ties for fifth place, with 1 win and 6 losses.

Don't get me wrong, the Scorpion is a very good design, both aesthetically and fictionally, it's just not a very good tournament design, much like the Hestia X before it. Probably the Scorpion's biggest problem was that it lacked any deflectors. It featured a nice combined arms approach to its weaponry, but for the most part, it simply couldn't stand up to the onslaught of weaponry from its fellow cruisers, which were oftentimes rendering themselves invincible to the Scorpion's weapons with their deflectors while the Scorpion couldn't do the same. Its strong, deflectorless hull, combined with its flak guns, did have one saving grace, however, in that it proved extremely resistant to the weasel gun heavy arsenal of the Obfuscation III, which is what allowed it to achieve its single victory against that ship, the very ship that won the tournament, both stopping the Scorpion from wiping out completely, and stopping the Obfuscation III from completely dominating as the Cower did in the frigate category. Now, Arcalane is a good ship designer, he just needs to stop thinking like an official ship designer when he entres a tournament...

The SCOTLAND by Bluhman ties for fifth place, with 1 win and 6 losses.

The SCOTLAND wasn't too bad a concept, but it just didn't work very well. It is rather lightly armed, much like the frigates that Bluhman so excels at designing, and the weapons it does mount proved weak and easy to intercept, or otherwise impede. To its credit, its design concept did work well against the Scorpion, which stopped the SCOTLAND from wiping out completely. It was a nice, if rather ill-fated try, Bluhman, and I'm sure your tournament designs can only ever improve... Just look at what your frigates can do already!

Once again, though, I would like to congratulate all of you for participating, and for designing ships that are all great in their own ways. The battleship fights will begin short (i.e. today), starting with the Crossbow verses the Tarantula. See you then...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Can't wait for the battleship fights to start. :P

I like these tournaments; It's interesting to see how the vastly different design styles interact with eachother.

Man, the 400-point battles are gonna be so cool.
Or rather, they would be if there were more than 3 entrants. And if he didn't already do those in the original topic.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Man, the 400-point battles are gonna be so cool.
Or rather, they would be if there were more than 3 entrants. And if he didn't already do those in the original topic.
Fireborn did do those already, yes... if memory serves, his ship (the Behemoth) was soundly trumped by both of the other Behmoth entries and the Drones of Hell won both its fights....
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Maybe while you're working through the battleship fights, others could have a chance to fill out the 400-point behemoth class a bit. Who cares if we're way past the deadline? :P
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

I'd rather not, myself, I have school starting soon and have enough to do as it is (I have to read several crappy novels, watch some movie I can't remember the name of, research genetics and get a feel for Macbeth in the next couple of weeks)...
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Macbeth is an easy play to get the hang of, and genetic is fun. =P
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, that is just great... the new 'across the map' method I'm employing for the battleship fights doesn't work because of the Dieterling bug (see my new post in the bugs topic). I suppose for the moment (untill TH fixes it), I'll just run the fights for the battleships not equipped with Dieterlings...

EDIT: Well now that is just great... taking the time to actually examine the battleships, I have discovered that no less than five are not worth 100 points...

First, the Hallowed Storm and the Stalker are both worth 101 points. This is easy enough to fix by simply shaving off .05 from their speed (which I have taken the libery of doing).

However, the Tarantula is worrth 114 points, the Oh My God Touchie Touch Touch! is worth 116 points and the Amethyst Longbow is worth 90 points... Well now that just sucks...
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Heh, nice one with the Scorpian, Arcalane. Never saw it coming.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Gah. You serious?

Maybe the point system changed; because I always check my ships thrice.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Pfft... Check for yourself...

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=437

This is what I got using when I calculated it (note that it's actually 117 points as I accidentally counted the Dieterling device as being 1 point and not 2)...

Oh My God Touchie Touch Touch!:

sections and engines:

0.05 speed: 1 point

0.25 turning: 10 points

0.10 accel: 20 points

6 sections: 3 points

9 points on section HP increases

43 points on sections and engines

Weapons and modules:

2 boosters: 4 points

2 deflectors: 4 points

1 Dieterling device: 2 points

5 impeders: 10 points

1 Frosch gun: 6 points

24 scatter beams: 48 points

74 points on weapons and modules

Total: 117 points

This is what I got for the Tarantula and Amethyst Longbow, by the way

Tarantula:

Sections and engines:

0.75 speed: 15 points

0.05 accel: 10 points

turn 0.50: 20 points

9 points spent on section HP increases

8 sections: 4 points

10 points spent on core HP increases

72 points on sections and engines

Weapons and engines:

8 flak guns: 8 points

1 nano matrix: 10 points

4 beamers: 12 points

2 gatling blasters: 6 points

2 railguns: 6 points

Total: 114 points

Amethyst Longbow:

Sections and engines:

0.25 speed: 5 points

0.5 turning: 10 points

0.03 accel: 6 points

8 sections: 4 points

1 point spent on section HP increases:

26 points on sections and engines

Weapons and modules:

2 boosters: 4 points

1 Dieterling device: 2 points

2 deflectors: 4 points

18 railguns: 54 points

64 points on weapons and modules

Total: 90 points
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, I've decided to post the few fights I was able to run inspite of the Dieterling bug and the Tarantula (which is one of the four battleship entrants without a Dieterling device) being illegal... Here they are (all three of them :lol: )...

Battle Results for January 19th:

Chernobog vs Crossbow:

Round 1:

Both the Chernobog and the Crossbow are well protected by gravidic impeders, which rendered most of the projectile weaponry on both ships ineffective. This left the mega beamers on both ships and the railguns on the Chernobog...

The Crossbow quickly backed itself into a corner. At this close range, a good portion of the Chernobog's blaster fire was able to reach its mark. The Crossbow didn't have the same luck, however, as its plasma charges were slowed and easily shot down by the Chernobog's flak gun batteries...

In the end, the Crossbow was unable to put a dent in the Chernobog's heavily armoured forward bunker section, but the Crossbow's rather flimsier armour sections weren't so lucky...

The Crossbow soon lost the rest of its armour. The strut holding the two armour sections was a particularly devastating loss as that section carries two of the Crossbow's three deflector modules, a definite design flaw. This left little, if anything, to prevent the Chernobog from tearing into the Crossbow's vulnerable interior, relentlessly sniping and pummeling weapons and modules with its railguns, mega beamers and, occasionally, blaster cannons...

By the time this relentless barrage from the Chernobog had let up, the Crossbow was left with only two of its six original weapons... two plasma charges. These were, of course, useless against the Chernobog's combined impeders and flak cannons. The Crossbow attempted to withdraw, but being only slightly faster than the Chernobog, it was too late. The Chernobog kept pace long enough to finish its already mortally wounded opponent...

Round 2:

If ever there was a time that 'carbon copy' applied to anything, this round was it. It proceeded almost in the exact same manner as the last fight, almost shot-for-shot. Once again the Chernobog was easily able to keep the Crossbow's plamsa charges at bay. One thing I didn't mention last round were the Chernobog's tachyon cannons. This was simply because the Crossbow's impeders, whilst only partially effective against the blaster bolts, always stopped the tachyon bolts cold... every time... even right up until the ship was destroyed even. The same thing happened in the second round, of course...

It is also interesting to note just how flimsy the Crossbow's armour really is. The armour strut is on the standard 300 HPs and tends to take significant damage even when the two main 600 health armour sections are still standing. To be fair, the Chernobog was firing railguns, which are meant to pierce through multiple sections. Still, like the Ironboot long before it, this does not speak well of the Crossbow...

As in the last round, the Crossbow backed into a corner, and found it was completely outmatched, both offensively and defensively, by the Chernobog. The same thing happened in this round. Once its armour was gone, the Crossbow once again found itself being gutted like a fish...

Winner: Chernobog

Chernobog vs Stalker:

Round 1:

This was certainly one long fight, but I decided to stick it out rather than call it, and my decision paid off. More on that in the next few paragraphs...

The fight started with both ships deflectoring up their heavily armoured fronts. Even now the Stalker and the Chernobog were already brawling in the corner, with neither ship gaining very much ground for quite some time...

At the close range the ships were fighting, the Chernobog wasn't able to make full use of its impeders, and eventually, after minutes of running the fight accelerated, something fianlly started to happen as the Chernobog's weapons slowly, but surely, lost health. The Chernobog lost three of its flak guns and one of its gatling blasters. Then, the Stalker achieved the first section kill of the round...

Meanwhile, the Stalker had been taking fire from the Chernobog's tachyon cannons. These easily arced around the Stalker's deflectors to hit its internal workings. However, the Stalker's nano matrix was continually repairing this damage. After losing its section, the Chernobog shifted position, allowing the Stalker to start firing on the other side of its forward bunker sections, eventually destroying the last flak gun and the other gatling blaster. As I watched the accelerated fight speed along at something like 150-200 FPS, I was concentrating on the Chernobog, waiting for it to lose a badly damaged impeder and tachyon cannon to the Stalker's plasma charges. It wasn't to be, however. Eventually, I noticed the Stalker had lost a weapon... just a flak gun... but I noticed it... I realized that the Stalker's nano matrix had finally discharged, and was no longer repairing the Stalker's weapons and systems. The Stalker quickly began to suffer from tachyon attrition...

As I said, I knew there was a reason why I wasn't calling the fight. It wasn't much longer before the Chernobog finally punched through the Stalker's forward bunker section, then finished off the Stalker's last weapon seconds later... This would have been enough to ensure the Chernobog's victory, but it did proceed to finish the Stalker off after I took this picture...

Round 2:

At first, round 2 very much looked like round 1, with both ships firing on each other, most of the shots being shot down or uselessly impacting against deflected sections...

However, the Chernobog was not apparently egar for another long, drawn out brawl, as the damage caused by its tachyon cannons quickly discharged the Stalker's nano matrix. It wasn't long before the Stalker once again began to suffer under the barrage...

It wasn't much longer before the Chernobog ripped the Stalker's armour clean off, sending the Stalker into hullshock not once...

...but twice...

...before finishing the job...

Winner: Chernobog

Crossbow vs Stalker:

Round 1:

The Crossbow's plasma charges proved useless against the Stalker's flak guns. Unlike the Chernobog, however, the Stalker does not carry any weapons that the Crossbow's impeders cannot affect. However, somehow that didn't stop the Stalker's blasters from getting through...

The Stalker backed into a corner, and the corner brawl began. In the end, thanks in large part to its Demeter drones, the Stalker caused the Crossbow's nano matrix to lose power, by damaging a large number of different components all at once, if even only for a few hit points...

Eventually, the Stalker began to get the better of the Crossbow. The Crossbow was unable to cause the Stalker any significant damage with its mega beamers and soon lost them anyway, along with the two strut deflectors...

With the deflectors out of the way, that left the Stalker free to tear off the Crossbow's foward armour. It then ripped into the Crossbow's vulnerable inner hull,...

...and quickly disarmed the vessel...

Round 2:

Once again, the Stalker's blasters somehow found their way through the Crossbow's impeder screen,...

...but it wasn't until the Crossbow's nano matrix ran out of power,...

...and she began to lose her systems to the Stalker's Demeter drones that the Crossbow siezed the moment...

...and soundly trumped the Crossbow for the second time....

Winner: Stalker

More fights to be held when the Dieterling bug is fixed and/or when Arcalane resubmits his ship (obviously, Himura Kenshin and Anarki have to resubmit their ships as well, but their ships are less urgent for further battles given that they are equipped with Dieterling Devices and thus, their fights cannot be run until TH fixes the Dieterling bug...
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I will reconstruct a ship and submit it ASAP.

However, it will be in SM3.0, so do you mind if I bling out the non-combat special effects?
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Sure, no problem... as long as the basic stats of the weapons and such don't change... :wink: