Schkrin Confederation Emergency Broadcast

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Schkrin Confederation Emergency Broadcast

Post by Tsakara »

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
Encryption level: Epsilon
Message Begins:

This is a warning to all Terran powers operating in and around the region of Onri Ormiklees, five hours ago the Colony in the Ormiklees cluster was attacked and destroyed by an unknown force, the garrison in orbit was found in ruins with no survivors, along with the assualt force of Veneran vessels that had been attacking their position. Based on intelligence data received we have ruled out the possibility of it being Veneran. If they were massing enough forces to destroy a planet we would know.
Here we received a photo from a scout we have showing the remains:
as you can see our forces, the Veneran forces, and the entire planet were destroyed in little under an hour. We have since lost contact with the scout and it is assumed to be lost.
We are not yet aware of the nature of the threat but if it was able to destroy two powerful fleets in the amount of time it did, we have severe cause for alarm.
Keep this information quiet, disseminate it to those who might need it but don't release it to the general populations of your respective worlds, we don't want to cause unnecessary panic.
We have dispatched a full battalion to the Ormiklees cluster, we intend to get to the bottom of this.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

We would like to lend a helping hand with this situation. In case your forces are under heavy fire have a lot of casualties and there are no additional reinforcements, just PM me.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

The Vaynar Alliance has information that might be of interest to other regional powers. During it's shakedown cruise the VA flagship Uriel has been attacked by a unknown alien craft.
Altough the craft was destroyed, it proved to be quite resilient, having thick armor and advanced energy shielding.

This craft may or may not belong to whatever force attack the Schkrin. Attached is an image of the attacker taken by one of our satellites.
Regretfully we cannot give you live sensor logs.

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Encryption Code: Alpha Charlie Queen Umbrella India Razor Epsilon
Pass Code: Grav Dngr
START MESSAGE

Just an hour ago, one of our frontier worlds was melted into slag, along with its 570,946 inhabitants. May they rest in peace. One of our stealthed sensor probes managed to capture an image of it, the ship that committed this atrocity was roughly triangular in shape. Unfortunately it was not able to complete relaying the image (due to being disintegrated by the ship's exhaust), so we were left with it's outlines. We do not know if this is the ship that destroyed Ormiklees. The frontier world was named "Epsilon Omega" it was 15 LY from Ormiklees. Also long range sensors detected an alien armada thundering in from the Andromeda Galaxy. A sensor placed on the outer edge of our galaxy recorded a huge ship, if details are correct it is 150,000 Miles long and 25,000 Miles wide, It could be an arkship or a dreadnought. If these ships are affiliated, then the ship in question may only be a scout, if the armada we have designated "EXT-ARM 1" reaches the Milky Way, then we, all of us will be in grave danger. We must alert all of the other Stellar Empires of this situation (only the government). And for once we should forget our prejudices and unite in one front against this threat. We shall fight not for resources, but because of our need to survive! (Sorry if I'm hijacking)
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

TrashMan wrote:**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

The Vaynar Alliance has information that might be of interest to other regional powers. During it's shakedown cruise the VA flagship Uriel has been attacked by a unknown alien craft.
Altough the craft was destroyed, it proved to be quite resilient, having thick armor and advanced energy shielding.

This craft may or may not belong to whatever force attack the Schkrin. Attached is an image of the attacker taken by one of our satellites.
Regretfully we cannot give you live sensor logs.

Not to be picky, but I do hope you asked Aralonia about using his Elson as a cameo ship before doing that. He may not like having his fictional warships being hijacked for your fiction.

(I think thats the elson anyway, I'm at school ATM and I can only see the thumbnail icon. Damn school firewall. If thats not one of aralonia's ships then correct me, however it looks like one.)
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

(It's not the Elson. Elson has a distinctive octagonal core that this vessel lacks. No problems.)
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Although we aren't a Terran power, we Auriak would be glad to assist once we get our fleet in order.

If it will help at all, this is the image of a Vithar battlecruiser, Vyrnekranos class.
I'm not saying it's them who did it, I really hope it isn't, but if you see any ships like this one, please be cautious.
Last edited by Auriak on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Aralonia wrote:(It's not the Elson. Elson has a distinctive octagonal core that this vessel lacks. No problems.)
My mistake then.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

150,000 miles long????
you should maby lower your enthousiasm here...that's as big as a friggin continent.. Overdoing it a bit?
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Its much bigger than a continent or even a planet, thats approaching a light second long. That is insanely huge.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Must have a lot of time on their hands.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM AURORA***
Encryption mode: Rekkalar Red
Code Ping: 27832211

Approximately 2 hours ago we received this transmission from the Ormiklees attack group:
This is captain Rasaw of the battleship Anglini! We are under attack! We can't fight it! Its too--Oh God they just took out the Hospital ship!

The vessel is made of some sort of crystal! Our weapons are barely scratching it! Its destroying the fleet! We can't fight back! I'm ordering the fleet to jump clear--fafgjhsjgksdiuheut43ts--Shit they just hit our jump drive! Life support is failing! hull breach imminent! We're sending you the data we collec---Image
this news is most distressing, these things, whatever they are, appear to be immune to most of our weaponry. During the entire battle our fleet was only able to inflict .11% damage to the vessel.

As for the fleet inbound from the Andromeda galaxy, it is highly probably that they belong to the roamers. A race of nomadic sociopaths who very rarely leave their vessels. They occasionally migrate through this section of the spiral arm, although they have not done so in nearly 700 years, as their routes take them far beyond known space.
Stay out of their way and they should leave you well enough alone.
However the Venerans also possess vessels of that size, but their influence does not reach beyond their immediate holdings and none of their ships possess the technology to cross intergalactic space.

To the Vaynar Alliance,
the ship that attacked you appears to be Schkrin in design, based on its hull shape, but we have not fielded a vessel with that hull pattern in 400 years. It is possibly a pirate vessel. We will instruct one of our teams to check the salvage yard and see if any ships have gone missing from it.

Hold strong, but if your forces encounter a vessel like the one in the image you should fall back immediately. fortunately it appears there is only one ship so it won't be able to work too quickly.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

Post by Ulric Jorgensson »

(NICE fuzz effect! looks really good!)
I knew it! Ageis DOES taste like Vanilla!

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/X295Alpha/2.gif[/img]
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Where's it headed?
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

***TRANSMISSION FROM VANYAR ALLIANCE TO SCHKRIN ***

ENCODING LEVEL: Omicron

You most recent news troubles us. We have decided to close our borders for now.The level of protection of that vessel is indeed impressive.
Our siege drivers might be able to penetrate that shielding.
We would be prepared to send a few your way if you so desire.

As to the ship that attacked us - while powerful, it was no match for the Uriel. The last salvo from the Uriel breached something extremely voilatale on that ship - it was almost disintegrated.
Preliminar analysis of the records and wreckage show only 13% probabilltiy it's of Schkrin design.