Pseudonymous' Ship Repository

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Pseudonymous
Ensign
Ensign

Pseudonymous' Ship Repository

Post by Pseudonymous »

Looks around
So, this forum looks like it's been dead for the last two years. I used to lurk four years back, but never actually made an account. Real life happened, and I missed all of the fun that could have been in the form of Laser Wars and WFTU. I've read through a variety of posts, as the community grew, peaked, and died. I'm sure Anna' increasingly-frustrated critiques of people who couldn't- or wouldn't- speak standard english and their ships occurred over several months, but I read through them in short succession. I have no hopes to revive the community, much as I wish I could. But I figure, maybe there's a few of you out there, still lurking? Maybe you might be interested, maybe you might start building ships again?

In any case, I'll be using this thread to store whatever ships I kludge together from the sprite packs that still have working download links. Right now, I'm using the Shipmaker Repack that can be found here. Goes without saying that I am accepting of whatever criticism you think I deserve- building these ships is fun, so I might as well get better at it.

Let's get to the ships.

Scoundrel Class Frigate

Designed to engage enemies both near and far, the Knave is armed with a pair of Home-On-Thermal conventional rocket tubes; converted asteroid busters, they pack quite a bit of punch, but they're also both slow and easy to intercept. Limited PD-coverage, lack of shielding, and less than exceptional maneuverability makes the Knave unsuitable for combat with the larger galactic powers, but it sees extensive use among the various brushfire conflicts and claim wars.

Knave Class Assault Frigate

The Knave was built from the ground up as a cheap skirmisher- a long range, speedy attacker, designed for use en masse to whittle down enemy forces before battle is joined. Armed with a single particle accelerator and a pair of point-defense micromissile batteries, the Knave has surprised more than one military vessel with its speed. Infamous for its unstable power plant, which sometimes explodes in the middle of high-g maneuvers.
Drl (Omniar)
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Pseudonymous' Ship Repository

Post by Drl (Omniar) »

i say they look nice. but yea the forum is unfortunately dead.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Your ship descriptions are a bit mixed up - the first one says Knave as well.
Nice little ships though, I'd like to see how bigger ones turn out.
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

It's always nice to see people still playing and uploading to the forums.

For critique, I'd suggest making the sections flow better, as some of them protrude randomly.
Add me on steam @majicnanas