Ships for Starsector

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Ships for Starsector

Post by 366storm »

Since the Delphineaus Gulf War or whatever is dead as a doornail, and no one is using any of the sprites here, I was wondering if I could get permission to convert some of these ships into sprites for starsector. It would require a bit of modification on my part, and if I wanted to make a complete faction (SAR, Novian, etc) I might need to make some ships of my own to fill in the gaps.

If you want to give permission either post here or send me a pm listing exactly what you are giving me permission to do (Use your ships with minimal modification for weapon mounts, add ships to fill out the faction etc) and to which ships. If you just say something like 'yeah sure, use my stuff for whatever' I'm assuming the answer of yes to all above questions.

Or don't, that's you're perogative.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Ships for Starsector

Post by Anna »

You're not likely to get many responses, this forum has been dead for a while now. I only checked in on a whim. You can use my AIM ships if you want, though. It seems all my old links are broken, so here's some pics.

I think I still have the files for these somewhere if you'd like me to upload them.
Attachments
Triumvirate03-LOYALTY.png
Triumvirate02-CREATION.png
Triumvirate01-COURAGE.png
VermillionVengeanceVariants.png
ScarletSerenityRevariants.png
SanguineSwordVariants.png
RubyRazorVariants.png
MaroonMarauderVariants.png
MahoganyMaledictionAnimated.gif
FuschiaFuryVariants.png
CarmineCatastropheVariants.png
CardinalCoordinatorVariants.png
BurgandyBrigandVariants.png
AmaranthArmoryVariants.png
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 366storm »

I only asked just in case. Also, since the forum is so dead, I figured that if anyone else dropped by (like you for example Anna) they would probably see my post since it will be sitting at the relative top of the pile for a while.

Also, the pics are fine, that's all I need for Starsector sprites.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The Starsector ship size scaling is a little different from what was used in DGW, so there are bound to be some problems.
Honestly at one point I was actually considering remodelling the SAR ships to fit into Starsector properly, basically making a brand new set of ships sized and balanced for SS but keeping the same basic visual style. I might be able to do that for you if you're interested.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

calvin1211 wrote:The Starsector ship size scaling is a little different from what was used in DGW, so there are bound to be some problems.
Honestly at one point I was actually considering remodelling the SAR ships to fit into Starsector properly, basically making a brand new set of ships sized and balanced for SS but keeping the same basic visual style. I might be able to do that for you if you're interested.
Hilariously enough, I was considering the same thing.
naysayers will be shot
366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 366storm »

calvin1211 wrote:The Starsector ship size scaling is a little different from what was used in DGW, so there are bound to be some problems.
Oh yes, very interested, otherwise I would have to do it myself in photoshop :lol:

But seriously, it would very much streamline the process and I would be very grateful.
366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 366storm »

Just letting you guys know that I am still here and still working on this. Ill try to post every once and a while to make sure you guys know that I am not dead.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I honestly wouldn't recommend my faction for you to use, it's complete shit and I don't think you would want to waste your time photoshopping some of it just to make them fit, it's best if you just take the beautiful ones that has a matching scale with starsector
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
366storm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 366storm »

Been a while since I checked back. With the addition of the EZ faction Mod, the work to implement BSF ships has become almost negligible.

Also, it really doesn't matter of what quality or quantity the ship(s) is/are. At the very least they will serve as inspiration for my own projects, and if they have nice 'parts' I can always use them to kitbash, that is if you are willing to let me mangle your hard work.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think the only quality stuff I ever built was fan ships but if the links are even still working you are welcome to them.