CybairaTEK Shipyard

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

RionZT
Ensign
Ensign

CybairaTEK Shipyard

Post by RionZT »

I've been playing Battleships Forever for a while, also lurked on these forums for a good while. Seeing a lot of the ship designs and stuff on here inspired me to actually register and get critique on my designs. Well, with out further adieu...

CybairaTEK-XSW02 "The Excalibur" Cybairan Flagship

The Excalibur, a heavily modified version of a prototype ship with the same name. In the face of new Terran Alliance threats, the Excalibur was designed to be the epitome of Cybairan warship firepower and hull strength, capable of taking many significant hits, while dealing the same damage to its enemies. Soon after its completion, it was immediately sent to the frontlines, where it proved itself to be a very capable ship. Eventually, the Cybairan emperor himself became the ship's captain. The Excalibur would remain the most powerful Cybairan warship ever built, until years later, when a secret military project would be leaked...

Armaments:
4x CBTK-FLK05 "Flyswatter" Flak Cannon
4x CBTK-MCN00 "Arbiter" High-Power Cannon
4x CBTK-SCN20 "Rain" Twin Autocannon
2x CBTK-XBCN01 "ZERO" Experimental Supercondensed Energy Beam Cannon
---

CybairaTEK-XPSW01 "The Excalibur: Prototype"

The Prototype Excalibur was originally designed to be a lighter craft, with fairly light armaments and defense systems. However, due to lack of funding and doubts within its development team, the Excalibur Project was eventually scrapped, until nearly a decade later when it was revived, and "The Excalibur" was built.

Armaments:
1x CBTK-PXBCN00 "Arcana" Condensed Energy Beam Cannon
---

Just a small note, I made the "The Excalibur" -before- I did "The Excalibur: Prototype". I was intending to remake "The Excalibur" using the Kae_shn parts but...I came up a bit short. No pun intended. In any case, that's all I have for now. Thanks in advance!
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Re: CybairaTEK Shipyard

Post by Majicnanas »

Color scheme looks nice, but some pieces could be a little less saturated. (like those 2 around the prototypes core area.)

Back story is always welcome, but not necessary. (i never really liked making backstory)

I also suggest working with different section types till u find one that suits u.

Oh, and welcome.
Add me on steam @majicnanas
RionZT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RionZT »

Thanks for the welcome. Late reply since I've been out of state with no internet and whatnot, plus other RL stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. My only issue with saturating it less is that even desaturating it a tiny bit yields an oddly grayish color that just doesn't look right to me. However I think I fixed that issue more or less, I started using the Dst-sw parts, as the white and cyan colorscheme is more in line of what I was going for with these ships.

As far as backstories go, I tend to like making stuff up for the things I come up with, especially since I had planned at one point to make a sci-fi story based on the race these ships are from.

In any case, I have one more ship that I just recently finished..

CybairaTEK-F/ST045 "Asteria" Frigate/Space Transport

The Asteria is a lightly armed Corvette-class ship developed for the purpose of transporting goods, civilians, and/or soldiers, while being able to defend itself from individual or small groups of pirate raiders or mercenaries. Due to its small armament, low armor, shielding, and relatively poor firing range, this ship has seen no major military action nor are there any plans for it.

Armaments:
4x CybairaTEK-GEW63 "Enoit" Energy Blaster Turret
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Dat screenshot bro.
naysayers will be shot
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: The edge of reality, a soul bound to the flat plane of creation.

Post by Lovecraftia »

Nice. Any plans to release a download for these ships?
We are a force of peace, of logic and unity. Where advancement tears other societies apart, our focus of technology and eliminating our fallacies has brought us together. We are not living, we are not biological, we are machine, but even machines are alive. - Xeelee High counselor Quret nuveo.

I have not fallen...