The Workshop

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Workshop

Post by delta-7 »

i love the tesla rage, i haven't played any of the enigmata games in a while, but it looks pretty accurate going from memory. also, is there somewhere i could find the lockjaw and other such ships available for download? i really like some of your designs (the lockjaw in particular) and wouldn't mind being able to use them in sandbox.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I would post the lockjaw only if i get the right weapon effect for it's main gun.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

ok, fair enough. you could probably create a modified yellow pulsebeam sprite if you wanted to...
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

So Tesla Rage is from some game? Now it makes sense!
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I hate how the forum activity is so low that it drive me crazy!
Well, I wanted to make some mini ships because well, I got bored and I might make some encounters for them
U.T.S
It's blue!, well just the stripes though.
Here's the first batch of ships
Mantis
Designed to often chase after fleeing ships and patrolling systems, the Mantis carries a single Javelin Missile Pod and not the standard Assault Cannon to ensure that it finishes off battered ships that tries to flee.
Stiletto
The Stiletto is designed for a more brawler type of a ship and is popular among the captains which is why it became a standard destroyer in the military, it comes equipped with 3 ACs and 1 JMP making it a versatile destroyer
Guardian
The Guardian is just like an upgraded version of the stiletto only, it's job is to distract enemy fire away from the destroyers and any other assisting ships under it's command. It has 2 Dual ACs and 2 Cruise Missiles.
Executor
Designed for a more all-rounder role, it takes and inflicts massive damages upon enemy ships who dare face it, mostly used by rear admirals (lower and Upper) but sometimes used by fleet admirals to use as their temporary ships when they plan on using their dreadnoughts as decoys.
Edit: I'm just going to change a few things before I add a download
Creations
Coalition of Terra
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Cute little fleet, I like em. They maintain the same style throughout the ships well, I'd like to see more of them or some rival fleet.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I plan on creating alien ships or some rebels, I just can't find some style that i should you use for rebel or the alien faction.
Also, glad you like e'm :D
Creations
Coalition of Terra
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I would add some shading to the larger ships but otherwise I really like the size and designs. Definitely something I would play with.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

I'm not really after too much aesthetics this time to use shading but I might think about it.
Meanwhile, I might revamp the Lesser Darkness as the alien ships with different lore and role.
Creations
Coalition of Terra
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Me wants dat minifleet! xD

Really, they're nice. For a rebel faction maybe just go with a 'rugged' style?
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Well, won't be able to post ships for awhile until I upgrade my XP (yeah, I still have that shitty op system) to the newest windows right now but don't worry, I'll just finish them mini ships and post it before Microsoft announces that XP is no longer supported
Creations
Coalition of Terra
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Right. I still hate Microsoft for pulling the plug out of XP. Yes it's really old, but it still is one piece of very strong OS. Have fun installing Windows 8, it's not exactly fun :|
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

-Desert- wrote:Right. I still hate Microsoft for pulling the plug out of XP. Yes it's really old, but it still is one piece of very strong OS. Have fun installing using Windows 8, it's not exactly fun :|
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Yes, using it sucks for a good deal, i.e. the part that has shitty tiles all over it. Beware the tiles, they're usually as slow as this forum's activity. Fortunately it still has a desktop screen, but yeah, using it isn't that fun either. We'll just have to wait for an update or Windows 9, whatever comes first.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I have yet to have any problems with Windows 8, and I personally like the layout it has a lot.
naysayers will be shot