Perhaps the strangest thing you've ever seen

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Perhaps the strangest thing you've ever seen

Post by Lukasmah »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7034

There you go. Have fun. :)

Be warned, though, although it's the newest stable release (there is one newer, but unstable), it is relatively buggy and you will likely encounter some annoying glitches.

It is a great release nontheless.

Also, the PD tables have been changed - this means PD no longer intercepts blasters, flareguns etc.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

PD doesn't take blasters and flares... But flares were supposed to distract PD!
Flareguns are now useless. I just encountered that newest release you were talking about. Although the bubbleshield looks cool, I can predict my laptop will hate it. It's already struggling with all those fancy trails from missiles.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

-Desert- wrote:PD doesn't take blasters and flares... But flares were supposed to distract PD!
Flareguns are now useless. I just encountered that newest release you were talking about. Although the bubbleshield looks cool, I can predict my laptop will hate it. It's already struggling with all those fancy trails from missiles.
I really, honestly recomment you do not mess with the bubbleshield release. The shield module is really nice, but the thing is just way too buggy.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

-Desert- wrote:PD doesn't take blasters and flares... But flares were supposed to distract PD!
PD is made more "realistic" in a sense. All PD will shoot at fighters. Flareguns also sucked to begin with and I have yet to see a ship that actually used them.
Point rockets were pretty much worthless anyways.
The bubbleshield release is cool, but the actual shield module itself is extremely temperamental. There's a few other little bits and things, but for the most part it isn't terribly game breaking.
naysayers will be shot
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

PD (excluding those stupid blindspot pointrockets) is now meant as anti-fighter mainly istead of anti-projectile? Or is this me being dumb?

That bubbleshield release seemed weir to me anyhow. Although the shield looks nice, you are right in saying it is bug-ridden, but hey, the post said something like "a ton of bugs for you to find"
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

PD is mainly meant for taking out physical objects coming near the ship being defended, whether that be debris, autocannon slugs, fighters, or missiles.
naysayers will be shot
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

So it still takes out shells of all kinds, such as AC's, torpedos and nukeshells? Makes sense. PD dedicated to dangerous things. The figter part seems pretty fun to me...
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Bump-de-bump, bumping my thread to announce that I'm trying out shiny right now.

Here's a nice screenshot of this new thing I'm working on:
I'm always too lazy to actually rename these thing into something more descriptive.
I'm always too lazy to actually rename these thing into something more descriptive.
SMscreen04.png (12.21 KiB) Viewed 5310 times
Don't worry about the center turret, it's supposed to be under some sections but F11 somehow ignores that.

And for pity's sake, hit me with what I've done wrong. I won't bite you. (yet)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Nice, small. No problems I see. Not really unbelievably awesome, but good, solid.
naysayers will be shot
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Really? Huzzah :3 It still needs a name, know anything?

I guess I need to colour things to make them better, but there's probably something else I missed...
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Oh hell no, I've just wrecked my flash drive. (stupid enough to not make backups of those ships)

Buying new one, but it'll take a while for me to get everything back to what it was.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I tell ya what would make it awesome, if you coloured it black and yellow and called it 'Flash-drive'.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Good one xD

I wrecked the new one (never buy stuff from Lexar then...) but I'll just do things from my laptop for now until I find time/money for a new ICIDU (since they never broke with me)
BSOD_2.0
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BSOD_2.0 »

AGH!Seeing those two parts used like wings in that way....I need to go rethink my life and remodel the Cacorona...Nice ship btw.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

...What the fuck was that. You mean my first shiny ship? Yes, it might be crude but I'm inexperienced with those things right now.