Delta shipyards

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Delta shipyards

Post by delta-7 »

a handful of slightly crappy designs made by me i am now using entirely custom sprites to make my ships, and some polite critique would be nice.
Attachments
ships_and_sprites.zip
download for all my least crappy ships + sprites required to use them
(130.21 KiB) Downloaded 1020 times
a new smallish design i made. also, its core is too far forward, a design flaw common in my ships.
a new smallish design i made. also, its core is too far forward, a design flaw common in my ships.
the latest version of an old ship i have. if used in combat, you may notice several things, first, its not very well balanced, second, it's parenting is rather poor.
the latest version of an old ship i have. if used in combat, you may notice several things, first, its not very well balanced, second, it's parenting is rather poor.
Last edited by delta-7 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Delta shipyards

Post by CryoSleep »

your first one has some certain charms to it but other than that it looks really really plain to me

Your second i one i like better because of the style and color scheme but try not to use too much thin sections because it doesn't have much details to it.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Majicnanas
Captain
Captain

Post by Majicnanas »

The first one isn't that great, but I've yet to see anyone make those sections work. The second one is actually quite impressive, I don't see many serious flaws, but it could use some touching up here and there. Personally, I've never quite embraced the space triangle, I might try it sometime,
Add me on steam @majicnanas
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

Majicnanas wrote:The first one isn't that great, but I've yet to see anyone make those sections work. The second one is actually quite impressive, I don't see many serious flaws, but it could use some touching up here and there. Personally, I've never quite embraced the space triangle, I might try it sometime,
actually, though the sprite packs i used for them are different, they actually seem to be based off of the same parts. they share a few things in common, though many of the parts are different. still, i have a relatively limited library of parts at the moment. im trying to make do with all i have.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

@Magic, look up Cycerin's stuff. He did a lot of cool stuff with them.
@Delta, they're a variant of DST sprites. Try to avoid using them exclusively.
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Cycerin made the awesome BRDY faction, you can still see the Scarab, Nevermore and the Sachumodo which is what's left since meta1 was purged
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Delta shipyards: Xxi syndacate

Post by delta-7 »

i am currently working on making the beginnings of a new faction. as i'm only a mediocre ship builder, i doubt i'll even try for WFTU, but if i get some positive responses, i'll at least keep building ships.
no downloads as this fleet is a WIP. once iv'e got a decent fleet built up, i'll release it as an unofficial faction.
Attachments
was meant to be a light cruiser, unfortunately i built it too small, so it became a heavily armored destroyer.
was meant to be a light cruiser, unfortunately i built it too small, so it became a heavily armored destroyer.
katna class destroyer.png (6.62 KiB) Viewed 28397 times
lightly armored but well armed destroyer capable of dealing with a variety of threats.
lightly armored but well armed destroyer capable of dealing with a variety of threats.
akula class destroyer.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 28502 times
small frigate designed to harass enemy forces.
small frigate designed to harass enemy forces.
fangtooth class swift strike frigate.png (6.46 KiB) Viewed 28502 times
general purpose corvette with balanced capabilities.
general purpose corvette with balanced capabilities.
large bomber/ light gunship designed to attack larger ships with missiles.
large bomber/ light gunship designed to attack larger ships with missiles.
small interceptor designed to dogfight enemy fighters and bombers more effectively.
small interceptor designed to dogfight enemy fighters and bombers more effectively.
standard general purpose fighter, g variant equipped with upgraded guns.
standard general purpose fighter, g variant equipped with upgraded guns.
smaller, more agile, heavily armed and advanced drone interceptor equipped to stop enemy bombers and gunships in their tracks.
smaller, more agile, heavily armed and advanced drone interceptor equipped to stop enemy bombers and gunships in their tracks.
frost class drone interceptor.png (13.72 KiB) Viewed 28502 times
basic drone fighter, used to dogfight enemy fighters and corvettes.
basic drone fighter, used to dogfight enemy fighters and corvettes.
breeze class drone fighter.png (23.96 KiB) Viewed 28502 times
Last edited by delta-7 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

That's pretty much half a fleet, from fighters/drones to destroyers. I suppose you're working on larger ships atm?
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Can we see them in default zoom please, just press the 'home' key before taking the screenshot.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

He does have some micro-sized fighters, so that would throw things out of balance.
Although he could just use the fighterbays....
naysayers will be shot
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Since I'm too lazy to start Shipmaker, I want to know: does the fighterbay allow for custom sprites to be used? (I suppose not.)
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

It does, that's half the entire point. You can youse whatever fightery sprite for fighters.
Just don't try changing the actual module's sprite, that's never worked.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I believe custom module sprites are on the list of "Stuff to add to BSF in the next version"

However, my mind somehow does a barrel roll every single time I think of it. It does the same for the bubbleshield's codework, possibly meaning that the former may result in similar coding nightmares :P
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

-Desert- wrote:That's pretty much half a fleet, from fighters/drones to destroyers. I suppose you're working on larger ships atm?
working on a cruiser, a fighter carrier, a flagship, a mine layer a battleship, a battlecruiser, a long range missile cruiser, a flack boat, possibly a couple of mini fighters sized space mechas. i have some plans for unique tech on my larger/ specialized ships, everything from working stealth arrays to bubble shields. oh, and (offensive) flack, flack, and more flack. if i make WFTU (doubtful), that'l be my defining trait. right now my weapons look like i just stole SAR ship's blasters, Rati fleet sections, light missiles and pulse guns and made a couple of minor things up, which is basically what i did. if i make WFTU, i'll change the weapons a bit.
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

hey guys, sorry for not being too active anymore, but i finally got enough inspiration to build a battleship for my fleet. i kinda like how it came out, though its far from perfect. it seems a bit overpowered when pitted against smaller ships, but it loses 1 on 1 to several battleships and dreadnaughts from war for the universe fleets. it spews non homing orbs that do only minor damage, fires powerful electromagnetic torpedoes and has a twin mounted missile turret that may have been inspired by the weapons on the alien ships from the movie battleship.
Attachments
desolation class.zip
download
(110.89 KiB) Downloaded 864 times
my new class of battleship, the desolation class.
my new class of battleship, the desolation class.