State of the community?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ted234521
Ensign
Ensign

State of the community?

Post by ted234521 »

I've only gotten into BSF last year, and only now discovered the forums. To me, it seems as though the community has slowed down... Can anyone give me an idea of how active people are with this game?
Destiny's Player
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: State of the community?

Post by Destiny's Player »

The community has indeed, slowed down for a bit. But not as much as you'd expect it to. So, don't cry on the point of "Community has died!" and just talk. If everybody thinks that the community has died, and don't post because of that, they're not helping the matter.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Yeah it's not really dead, more like... in a coma.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Currently the community is still hooked up with life support systems unless Thi5 has time for BSF since he's in bungie now so i just don't know wether he's still interested in providing an update to BSF so currently we are stuck with .90a. It kind of makes me envy Starsector's development.

Our only option is to wait until thi5 makes a move but hey were still alive least to say and there is SS who made two unofficial versions of BSF :)

also i've been a member for 2 or 1 years but i still don't get it, is BSF an indie or an arcade game?
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

CryoSleep wrote:Currently the community is still hooked up with life support systems unless Thi5 has time for BSF since he's in bungie now so i just don't know wether he's still interested in providing an update to BSF so currently we are stuck with .90a. It kind of makes me envy Starsector's development.

Our only option is to wait until thi5 makes a move but hey were still alive least to say and there is SS who made two unofficial versions of BSF :)

also i've been a member for 2 or 1 years but i still don't get it, is BSF an indie or an arcade game?
BSF is an indie game.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

/hangs a sign saying "I ATEN'T DEAD" on the community
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

Lukasmah wrote:
CryoSleep wrote:Currently the community is still hooked up with life support systems unless Thi5 has time for BSF since he's in bungie now so i just don't know wether he's still interested in providing an update to BSF so currently we are stuck with .90a. It kind of makes me envy Starsector's development.

BSF is an indie game.
Definitely an indie game, if its not then why is there campaign mode?
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Ristyo wrote:
Lukasmah wrote:

BSF is an indie game.
Definitely an indie game, if its not then why is there campaign mode?
I'm trying to figure out how that is related to the fact it is indie.

Indie = Game made by a small team of people or a single person and not a large company
Arcade = Things that look like slot machines but with videogames, old huge consoles of sorts, not bought for private use. But the word is also used for simple games similar to ones that could be played on arcades.

Indie isn't the opposite of arcade.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Destroyer #1
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Destroyer #1 »

I have been here for 3 years, I occasionally check in and see if anything new is happening. I have seen other communities die, but this one's still alive. I am actually quite surprised at the activity that is still here. I would agree with Chiiro, its in a sort of comma, just waiting to be revived :)
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

It's also keeping itself alive through Starsector, where using BSF shipmaker has been a popular way of making sprites for the immense modding community.
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

With cycerin representing it's power too and with a little bit of photoshopping :wink:
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

*Wipes dribble from the corner of BSF's comatose mouth*
Yup, it's still alive. . . . for the most part.
Just waiting for the next blood transfusion (influx of new blood (newbies)).
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.