Orion Free Slaves Alliance

For approved factions or something. Only approved DGW group members can post here.
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Orion Free Slaves Alliance

Post by turtwig9 »

ORION FREE SLAVES ALLIANCE
Originally formed as a protective group of slaves which had successfully rebelled from a powerful empire, they make their home in an unknown reigion of desolate space. This secret homeland keeps them protected from invasion, but seems to not be rich in reasources. Struggling to keep in the space lanes due to lack of wealth they mainly use the cheap, underperforming yellow weapons that other powerful factions avoid. They can also be regarded as scavengers, as they might show up to pick off the remains of a fleet returning from a major battle in order to obtain the more powerful technologys they will one day need when they are invaded. Their population continues to florish, as they assist and encorage rebelions, welcoming anyone to join their ranks.

OFSA S1-Beam Cruiser
Was once the backbone of every OFSA fleet, they are cheap and readily available in large numbers. Today they are still used, but alongside other ships. Produced as purely an assult vessel, it has no guns covering its sides or rear for protection. Instead it relys on other ships to keep it covered, as it attempts to flank or at least distract enemy units until a shot can be made where they are weakest. Overall its armor is relatively weak compared to some ships of its class, but it has two large rounded armor plates nearer to the core which are strengthened to allow for prolonged combat.
best mod edit ever:
"Anna Mod Edit: User was banned for this phenomenally retarded post."
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Orion Free Slaves Alliance

Post by turtwig9 »

reserving this space for latest updates and stuff. :)

which atm would be:
building and balancing for the next few days. :)

gonna try pump more ships out, and get them balanced too.
Last edited by turtwig9 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
best mod edit ever:
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Since you've tried everything else (I'm assuming): save your ships somewhere else and completely remove every trace of BSF on your computer, then re-download and install from scratch.

If that won't solve the problem then I don't know what will.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

The l_speckle error is a common one. I think it happens to parts of debris that use special effects (such as fake aegis) and/or have changed blednging modes, from what I've seen.

So, you could probably copy the ships and than test with the copies that don't have any glows and similar stuff.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by turtwig9 »

made a new ship! :D

got color sorted out too! ...unless this is when im told that that color scheme is taken. D:

im still new to this, so any comments would be much appreciated. also... how do you hide thrusters behind sections? thats just a glowball i put in the right place... but it stay there when the ships not moving and it doesn't change when it moves, so it kinda sucks now. =/

gonna start work on balancing it now before i put a download on the first post (the other ship still needs balancing and coloring and its on my memory stick i have to go find, but i'll get it up too soon.)

see, i would just put this on the first post, but then it won't say that the topics had a post in it, so then nobody will look. it needs to say theres a new post when somethings edited really. =/
Last edited by turtwig9 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
best mod edit ever:
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Perhaps that purple could be toned down just a little bit. Not much though.
naysayers will be shot
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by turtwig9 »

lol, it was meant to be blue, but it ended up purple. xD

it looks cool though, so i'll keep it and try tone it down a bit. :)

its hard to balance though. because theres no ships that size on the low power end to test it against. =/
perhaps just 2 of them VS 1 ashtic M1? right now my problem seems to be underpowering tbh, i can't find something it can beat without turning its HP up to 250 or something, but then isn't its HP too high for its small size really? im tempted to make a larger carrier type ship and deploy those things from it, because it seems that they're less powerful than like, EVERYTHING else. :mrgreen:
best mod edit ever:
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Try two or three of them against an M1, yea. When in doubt, go lower powered.
naysayers will be shot
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Doogie, are weak factions the most needed right now? if so i already got a faction workin up for that
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

I'd also go with weak if it weren't for the fact I have some pretty deadly opponents. I might make another, weaker faction, too. Also, what about midway factions?
-Abraham Lincoln
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The thing about midway factions is that they are extremely hard to pinpoint. Everyone that went for a "midway" faction ended up massively overpowering. I don't particularly care what how many of the midway factions there are, but I do want things to be balanced. So, when in doubt, go on the weaker side.
naysayers will be shot
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by turtwig9 »

ok thanks. :)

i'll see how 2 fare against the M1, for now 3 can kill it with quite a bit of damage to themselves. i'll try tone the purple down a tiny bit and get the balancing finished tomorrow. (busy atm.)
best mod edit ever:
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Doogie12 wrote:The thing about midway factions is that they are extremely hard to pinpoint. Everyone that went for a "midway" faction ended up massively overpowering. I don't particularly care what how many of the midway factions there are, but I do want things to be balanced. So, when in doubt, go on the weaker side.
Yes, but if everyone goes weak or strong, that leaves a gap between the two, and there is only a few factions filling that spot, such as the CIT.
-Abraham Lincoln
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

It's still better to have weak factions rather than ridiculously OP ones. From what I've seen, no one here is particularly good at balancing except for calvin and vidboi.
naysayers will be shot
turtwig9
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by turtwig9 »

in terms of power where does vidboi's faction go? my problem right now is, theres not a wide enough range of ships in the low power area to balance test against. the ashtic and kricken only have 4 ships each... its hard to balance ships bigger or smaller than them. =/
best mod edit ever: