My core has disapeared! Help please.

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

GiggleBunion
Ensign
Ensign

My core has disapeared! Help please.

Post by GiggleBunion »

I just started playing this game two weeks ago, and I've run into trouble. After successfully creating and saving a ship, I tested it out in Sandbox. After an exchange of fire, the area around the core opened up, and the core was gone, rendering it invulnerable! Only the blue circle remained. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it? (I've tried changing the core as well as the color, but to no avail.)
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: My core has disapeared! Help please.

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm thats weird. Someone probably knows exactly what it is but I don't, sorry. I've screwed up the parenting so nothing is parented to the core though lol. Has it happened more than once, and does it do anything when it disappears?
GiggleBunion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GiggleBunion »

A lot of parts are parented to the core, and apart from the side effect of invulnerability, nothing out of the ordinary happens.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

That is one of the weirdest things I've heard. Can you see if this only happens with this ship or others as well? Either the issue is in the ship, in which case you should just rebuild it and save a new file, or it's in the program, in which case you should un/re-install.
GiggleBunion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GiggleBunion »

Just the one ship. I was trying to put off rebuilding it, but I guess I have no choice.
DanDrester31
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DanDrester31 »

Try to save your Shp File And your Sb4 or sb3 in a Folder (Whatever Which Version you use With Shipmaker).
Reinstall Bsf And try to put them back in your custom ships folder maybe that will fix it
Dandrester31 Ship Designer And Ship Uploader.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

I think you may have shrunk the core. Check to see if you accidentally shrunk it in ship maker.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

DanDrester31 check the dates on the last post. This topic and the one you posted in about music hasn't been touched since 2011. Don't necro stuff.
For the sake of contributing, shamrock's right, you can't delete the core so having it shrunk is pretty much the only option. Unless the .sb4 was edited in text editor, I can't say what can be done there.
DanDrester31
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DanDrester31 »

Bad Boy wrote:DanDrester31 check the dates on the last post. This topic and the one you posted in about music hasn't been touched since 2011. Don't necro stuff.
For the sake of contributing, shamrock's right, you can't delete the core so having it shrunk is pretty much the only option. Unless the .sb4 was edited in text editor, I can't say what can be done there.
Ow i didnt know
DanDrester31
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DanDrester31 »

Bad Boy wrote:DanDrester31 check the dates on the last post. This topic and the one you posted in about music hasn't been touched since 2011. Don't necro stuff.
Im Just trying to help him actually.
not Saying Random Things.
But yeah you right the date of this post and the post of my has a lot differents
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2847
Note the last visited, Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 pm. In short, he's no longer here and no matter what your intentions were they won't help him. I'm just suggesting you pay more attention to dates in future. It's not really a big deal here cause the forums are dead but in forums with actual activity necroing is frowned upon so it's a good idea to get used to avoiding it.
Same deal with double posts, there's an edit button for a reason.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hey, Bad Boy, fuck off with your backseat moderating. Leave it to the actual moderators. We'll deal with it if we think it's necessary.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Sure, fine by me. I kinda assumed you guys weren't really here much, for obvious reasons.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Anna wrote:Hey, Bad Boy, fuck off with your backseat moderating. Leave it to the actual moderators. We'll deal with it if we think it's necessary.
Honestly dude? don't be a dick. at least we're trying to contribute to the fucking forum. I give zero fucks about your mod status, the fact that the only time you contribute is to smack people on the knuckles is fucking upsetting. you wanna know how many topic posts I've seen from you in the last 6 months? zero. you haven't even commented any criticism on any new stuff. Try contributing to the forums again, like Bad boy has been doing. Quit it with your "holier than thou" attitude.

So curse me out. Warn me, Do whatever the fuck you want. Just know your acting like a prick.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

That's Anna bud, just ignore the attitude and swearing and he's a nice enough guy. He always comes off this way til you're used to it. The trick is to mentally replace expletives with pleasantries so "Hey, Bad Boy, fuck off with your backseat moderating" would be read as "Hey, Bad Boy, please stop your backseat moderating" :P
Thanks for defending me though, much appreciated :)

That said, the point here is that there's been little indication that you (Anna) or any of the rest of the mod team actually show up on the forum. Perhaps I should have gone to irc for it or used the report button instead but both of those seem like a lot more work than simply telling him.
Griping aside, as I mentioned before I'm happy to leave this to you guys since I now know you're here. That said, if necroing and useless multiposting are now allowed I'd suggest updating the rules to show it. I know the forums are all but dead but contradictions are still contradictions.