Anyone still play BSF and check the Forums?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Anyone still play BSF and check the Forums?

Post by DoomBringer »

I am just getting a check on who is still here and who isn't. I am wondering how active the Forums are now after a long absence and return to lurking it seems everything died when I left for a while.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Anyone still play BSF and check the Forums?

Post by Bad Boy »

The forums are all but dead though a few people still make ships. You can look at post dates in the custom ships subforum.
Also, I'd suggest calming down with the number of topics. You could easily have only posted two topics here. I know it doesn't matter since the place is more or less dead but I still find it irritating.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Ok noted, just a vet trying to keep this community going.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I probably wouldn't bother with it, to be honest BSF seems pretty dead and there aren't any veterans around who want to make ships anymore, me included. Chiiro's the only one I know of who still makes anything.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

To be Honest I still make stuff but cbf posting them, I might do so soon but not much interest around anymore.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yeah, probably easiest to wait the several years til th15 can make BSF 2. At least he confirmed that he wants and plans to do it so you've got that to look forward to. For the most part no few vets make ships and few newbies show up to do so either. It's just a couple people lurking around and posting occasionally to keep things sort of going.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I lurk on a daily basis, in all honesty. I open up the SM once or twice every fortnight and make a little something, if I like it, I'll post it up. Otherwise I'll be silent for months at a time.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Heh, this is the first time I've checked the forums in a few months, but I still play around with BSF occasionally when my internet is down. Besides that though, EVE Online has stolen me I suppose. Haven't really made anything in the SM that I've considered to be worth posting. . .
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

New guy in the group, but I plan on making ships and encounters and stuff pretty consistently. I just wish there were more we could do with the encounter maker like adding text. It would add so much more replay value to the game as a whole.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

A lot of older games are still going such as Warzone 2100 because of User made content. It would be great if we could get the Source code to BSF until BSF2 comes out.
I think BSF is more of a tactical game rather than a strategy unless it could be made into a similar genre as Space Empires, Sins of a Solar Empire or Star Ruler. The only thing those games lack is an awesome Ship Builder.

I have looked around and it seems people leaving has made people leave. I am sure a lot of people gave up on updates and were are the community modders like Kaelis, Cheesy, Arcalane etc who did add some new elements to the game and kept people coming back and checking for updates.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

A lack of updates, and the fact that th15 became separated from the community and somewhat uncontactable, whittled down the community. The shipbuilding scene fizzled out as there were few new elements being brought into the game. We can reminisce of the glory days of BSF, with stuff like the Cold War, Fight the Mothership, the introduction of the Community Edition etc.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Exethalion wrote:A lack of updates, and the fact that th15 became separated from the community and somewhat uncontactable, whittled down the community. The shipbuilding scene fizzled out as there were few new elements being brought into the game. We can reminisce of the glory days of BSF, with stuff like the Cold War, Fight the Mothership, the introduction of the Community Edition etc.
Sure was fun while it lasted I guess.
The need for a Multiplayer element and BSF2 discussions with Kaelis and th15 I guess was the ultimate downfall.
Even a lot of the community developers upped and left. Small add ons to the Meta could have kept the community going but it all seems dead and dust now.
The forums are quiet.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

We need a tournament that is overly simplified. Metagame rules are too complex to draw enough interest.
naysayers will be shot
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Doogie12 wrote:We need a tournament that is overly simplified. Metagame rules are too complex to draw enough interest.
Only if there was a program of some sort that can automatically assign points depending on values implemented on the sections.
I know there is a DPS formula and meta point allocation but no one can be bothered enough to calculate everything for just a few ships.
Destroyer #1
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Destroyer #1 »

I occasionally check the forums, to see if anyting interesting comes up../
Haven't messed with the shipeditor in a while though.
I really liked this game.... :cry:
Since it didn't look like there were going to be any changes anytime soon, I decided to work on a 3d game with elements similar to battleships forever in my free time. Been working on that for a while now....
Anyway, it really is a shame how the community deteriorated...and sadly I missed the part when it was still being developed :cry: