Multiple Questions.

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

radiokillaz
Ensign
Ensign

Multiple Questions.

Post by radiokillaz »

Okay , 1st Problem : What Are Depthed Weapons ? I Mean , Ive NEVER Been Able To Do That Before . . .

2nd : Turrets ? I Seriously Need A Refresher On That One ,
Fuck My New Sig .
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Multiple Questions.

Post by jwa8402 »

Ok thats fairly easy. Depthed weapons just means they sit at the same level/layer as the section they are parented to. You press 'w' once and it will hide the weapon behind any block/weapon/doodad that is above it. This is useful for making racks of cannons 'poking' out the side of a ship for example.

Turrets are a bit more complex and there are tons of tutorials around, but it boils down to this. A parent weapon, which is referred to as a 'driver'. This controls the overall master settings for the turret, such as range, turn speed, etc, but it does not fire! Then, generally speaking, you have a section(Arcalane made a bunch of sweet ones back when) that acts as the 'turret cover'. These are usually split into a top and bottom piece. Inbetween(or however you wish to do it) you put the 'barrels' or the actual weapons that fire. They have the same general settings as the master driver weapon, but do not turn on their own. These are linked to the master driver weapon, but parented to the turret cover, which is parented to the section the driver is parented to, but linked to the driver. In this way the driver turns to target an enemy, which makes the turret section turn, which brings the barrels into alignment with the target, at which point they are forced to fire by the master driver(since they usually are either set not to fire by themselves or have shorter range).
I could be missing a step or totally off but thats the idea anyway. If you are really having trouble I'll try to find the links to the tutorials but I believe they are stickied. Good luck!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I love how complex it all sounds when you put it in straight words. I know exactly what you're telling him to do jwa but it still sounds like a mess, not due to any fault on your part, that's just how it is.
Here's a well written and set up guide by Anna, it should tell you what you need to know:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5524&p=114767&hili ... de#p114767
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh no worries, I totally agree. Especially since it was written at some asinine hour of the morning. I think being able to do an illustration and thus reduce the text wall to one sentence per concept makes the difference.
radiokillaz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by radiokillaz »

Lol , Thank YOU ! I Know Understand The Whole Turret = No Fire & Barrels = No Turn .
Fuck My New Sig .
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

There is a lot of guides in the Forums if you look for them.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.