ripped Micro pack

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

ripped Micro pack

Post by jwa8402 »

So for a long time there has been something of a deficiancy in small parts. Working on Space Fleet Alpha has made me painfully aware of this, but I have no artistic talent and less time. So what I've done is go through a fair portion of the current sprites and cut out some small semi-detailed sections. Please note I am taking no credit whatsoever here and if a particular pack creator objects I will remove the sections that came from their pack.

Now realisticly these are not detailed sprites both because of their size and that I have not touched them aside from cutting them out of the original sprite. The purpose here, besides allowing me to complete SFA, is to allow for building of fighters and smaller scale fleets without having to shrink sections(though scalable sections is on the back burner). So I've just included a preview of 101 micro sections to see what people's reactions are. A few need polishing but I've built some nifty ships from just these. They were made to build on existing small sections but they also work well for doing highlights and faction coloring on their parent sections.

I'll probably use them regardless of what anyone says since I doubt you could pick out where they came from anyway, but the reactions affect whether I release them and how many more I complete. I can do roughly 50 an hour, I get an average of two micros from each regular sprite, and there are probably four or five thousand sprites that have extractable bits, so you do the potential math. Anyway, cheers.

*edit* first download up, 100 sprites only. Got the rest on the way as soon as I clean em up.
Attachments
Ripped_micro.zip
(71.74 KiB) Downloaded 786 times
SMscreen018.png
Last edited by jwa8402 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: ripped Micro pack

Post by Deltaflyer »

You have made me a happy man. I love these!
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

These will come in real handy, I thoroughly approve.
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

Well then, this seems like it was made just for me :) approval received. *Edit* wheres the dl? am I blind or is it not there :/
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

I believe you happen to be blind, or maybe reading isn't your thing. He stated that he would release them if he got positive reactions and the s[riters didn't request them to be removed. On to the sprites, the look good, especially for miniships (I wonder why?) however they're not really something I'd use, hope everyponybody else enjoys them though!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

kittenpillar100 wrote:I believe you happen to be blind, or maybe reading isn't your thing. He stated that he would release them if he got positive reactions and the s[riters didn't request them to be removed. On to the sprites, the look good, especially for miniships (I wonder why?) however they're not really something I'd use, hope everyponybody else enjoys them though!
Holy shit, how'd I miss that. I am clearly illiterate. anyone got a dunce cap or a corner for me to hide in.....

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

These seem pretty good. You should release them for the people who still use shipmaker.

Y'know... people who aren't me.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Download. Now.
These would make excellent highlights for sections.
naysayers will be shot
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

I am eagerly awaiting this release. I would love to have these sections before further fleet development.....

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

So I got very lucky. I had to reformat my drives and I was afraid I had forgotten to back up some of my bsf files because I couldn't find them. Thankfully they were just in an obscure place on the network. Still, I am a horrible procrastinator. Anyway, here are the first 100 ripped micro sprites(Check the OP for updates) so let me know if there are any problems or if you have any feedback in general. I'm very busy these days but I hope to pump out some more tomorrow. I was surprised because I went to try to build a demo ship with them and realized for the first time in four years I didn't have shipmaker installed :shock:
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

EEEEEP. Trying these now