My Own Ship As JohnStar145's Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

My Own Ship As JohnStar145's Fleet

Post by JohnStar1456 »

This is my first try of making ship's designs any critics and suggestion are welcome!! :) :) :)
and yes, my ships are quite not good yet any pro suggestions and recommendations are welcome as well for a newbie like me :)
Attachments
Call what you want with this ship like big pile of scrap metal, flying hunk of junk and Bulky weak ship. I don't care anyways >.> (this is what happens when I get bored)
Call what you want with this ship like big pile of scrap metal, flying hunk of junk and Bulky weak ship. I don't care anyways >.> (this is what happens when I get bored)
This is my 2nd ship that is already finish product. any update recommendation and critics are appreciated
This is my 2nd ship that is already finish product. any update recommendation and critics are appreciated
This is my first Ship and yeah I know it's not quite as good as you guys can do >.>
This is my first Ship and yeah I know it's not quite as good as you guys can do >.>
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: My Own Ship As JohnStar145's Fleet

Post by Doogie12 »

I see some pretty good section usage for one as new as you. Especially on that second one. However, you should think of using a different color scheme than blinding stock green. Also try to avoid having gaping holes in the middle of your ships. Other than that, I urge you to take a look at some of the older ships and see the greatness that can be achieved here. You may want to consider switching to newer sprites-as they can drastically improve the look of your ships.
naysayers will be shot
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Doogie12 wrote:I see some pretty good section usage for one as new as you. Especially on that second one. However, you should think of using a different color scheme than blinding stock green. Also try to avoid having gaping holes in the middle of your ships. Other than that, I urge you to take a look at some of the older ships and see the greatness that can be achieved here. You may want to consider switching to newer sprites-as they can drastically improve the look of your ships.

I see tnx but how can I use the newer sprite sections and put new weapon sprites as well?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Erm, what part of using custom sprites are you having trouble with?
At a glance the second and third ship look pretty decent, but I would take the pointy bits off the front of the first one, and clean up the side pods as well.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

jwa8402 wrote:Erm, what part of using custom sprites are you having trouble with?
At a glance the second and third ship look pretty decent, but I would take the pointy bits off the front of the first one, and clean up the side pods as well.
the part of using high detailed pixel sections and weapon is that it gives me a continues error pop-up

EDIT:
and how to use a custom ship that has a multiple colors and that is originated on the BSF maker itself to the in-game via the costume game and stop giving me multiple errors?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm didn't totally catch that, though maybe someone else knows exactly what you mean. Could you post the error? One of the mods can usually pick out the problem from there.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Here's a new ship design that i made and sorry for not following the change color instruction and kept it in a blinding green color since I had problems with multicolor when testing the ship out in-game and gives me continues error.

this ship is called the Aegis Battle Cruiser. it's a very powerful ship and any ship design with detailed and shinning section and powerful weapon can stand out for it unless an Demo-ship armed with explosive impact with it. that it's only weakness a demo-ship armed with explosive.

Try to download it and see if you can show me any new upgrade and additional sections or weapons ^^

and as always, since I am still struggling to understand on how to make a dazzling, detailed, shinning ships.
pro's advice and suggestions are always welcome to me!!!
Attachments
Custom Ships.rar
Any critics and pro suggestions are welcome ^^
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Updated version of the Aegis Battle Cruiser.<br />And why I named it like that, I just can't think of any cool spaceship name sorry if someone already name the same name I made &gt;.&gt;
Updated version of the Aegis Battle Cruiser.
And why I named it like that, I just can't think of any cool spaceship name sorry if someone already name the same name I made >.>
SMscreen02.png