Invisible ship saves but still accessible in game??!?!?!

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ludsoe
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Invisible ship saves but still accessible in game??!?!?!

Post by ludsoe »

Hello i am a semi returning member. I recently re downloaded battleships forever and started building and playing with new ships. I showed the game to a friend after designing a few custom ships that I've played with in sandbox mode. After my friend built some ships we decided to test our ships against each others. After saving blueprints of my ships i opened the custom ships folder to find that my blueprints weren't there, but the ships that are included with the game still show. After retrying three times i decided to lurk the forums for a solution, after i couldn't find one i started making this topic.

Some things about my setup if that matters.
Im running a windows 64bit windows 7 machine. Im also the only user on it as its a private system.
I haven't downloaded anything or added any new files to the battleships forever installation.

Also when i made my custom ships i used the ship makers file browser to make a folder to contain all my ships. The folder is also invisible which is confusing.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Invisible ship saves but still accessible in game??!?!?!

Post by Deltaflyer »

Ships that you save from the shipmaker go into the main file, Battleships forever/, not Battleships forever/Custom ships/. Also, if you havent already, make sure to click save .sb4 and .shp when you save your ship, otherwise only the .sb4 will save and that only opens in shipmaker, just like .shp only opens in the actual game.

Hope this helps. :)
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Sounds like system settings to me, which will probably happen if you installed to /Program Files/. Better to install it somewhere else.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ludsoe
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ludsoe »

Arcalane wrote:Sounds like system settings to me, which will probably happen if you installed to /Program Files/. Better to install it somewhere else.
Thanks the problem is fixed but i still don't have my ships. :(
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

Open the ships in shipmaker (if you haven't deleted the file that they were originally saved to) and then re-save both .sb4 and .shp files to your desktop (or your new folder). That's how I got around the issue on my new computer (which is also running windows 7 64bit).
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage