Battleship Wars

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Re: Battleship Wars

Post by kittenpillar100 »

The people's republic have emerged! Utilising their old fasioned but effective weaponry they will strike down the other nations, freeing the galaxy so they can pillage and plunder keep it safe and stable.

Loadout
Spoiler!
Vengance Support Destroyer
Combat:
12 Ballistic machine guns
2 heavy missile launchers
3 rocket pods

Defence:
4 light point defence cannons

Utility:
8 adjustable thrusters
Medium armour
1 Repair bot chamber
Attachments
PR destroyer.zip
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Hm, Calvin, how did you make the glows for the long part of the Carrier?

EDIT - EU BATTLECRUISER DONE

EU Royal Guard Assault Battlecruiser
Armament
x4 Beamers
x4 Plasma Charges
x5 Particle Guns
x1 Demeter Launcher
x1 Railgun
x1 Nano Matrix
x1 Mini Missile
x1 Missile
Attachments
EU Royal Guard Assault Battlecruiser.sb4
(32.09 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

One tip I would give to everyone designing a ship would be to look at the other ships already built and see if you can add some of the features on them resulting in a consistent and un-jumbled fleet.

So far, I percieve the four factions designs like so:

EU: Curvy, sleek designs with the highest technology and almst alien looking ships (railguns and tachyons)
UCA: Dense, tough ships with a militaristic style and technology to rival the EU (railguns and blasters)
SU: Big, Blocky, industrial ships with a somewhat low technology (Plasma charges and demeters)
PR: Large, piratical ships with contrasting styles and low technology (machineguns and jury rigged weapons)
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

That tip is particularly poignant considering that the SU and the PR have almost identical faction colours :|
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Exactly. Maybe change People's Republic to something pirate-themed and it'll probably work.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Updated the post. The UCA and EU could both use updated or replaced destroyers, and I changed the post as such. The People's Republic is what you make of it. I suppose a nation of Chinese pirates could make for interesting warfare.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

I can probably finish the UCA destroyer but I can't guarantee it
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

I wanna making a ship for Soviet union
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

The Soviet Union is fully done, but i'll tell you what, you can make a Soviet Planetary Defense. Should you want to make it, try to have it fit nicely on a large planet and equip it with 150 points.
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

Be sure to follow the Soviet art style
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

New UCA Destroyer - Yorktown-Class Bombardment Destroyer.

Sorry FM3, been working on this for a fair few hours now, so I didnt want to not release it. If you want to release one too and let people vote, then if BenEd deems it okay, Im open to that.

EDIT: Now with 100% more doodads, and a recolouring of the deflector effects.
Attachments
SMscreen048.png
Yorktown-class Bombardment Destroyer.shp
(26.98 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
By Danny420Dale, used for the glows. Required to view and use the ship without the '?' sprite. Place in Custom sprites/DDC_Flares. All credit goes to Danny420Dale for the creation of the sprite.
By Danny420Dale, used for the glows. Required to view and use the ship without the '?' sprite. Place in Custom sprites/DDC_Flares. All credit goes to Danny420Dale for the creation of the sprite.
spheretinyblue.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
FM3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by FM3 »

It's all right. I think I've done enough anyways
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Whant i making a ship or a battle station?

Edit:i under making a frigate.

Ship:
Armed with:
2 Rain guns

2 HVROCKETLAUCH

Dowload:

http://www.4shared.com/file/-xzUe7qH/Eow_-_The_end.html
Last edited by Epicduck on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Best looking Old School BSF ships I've seen here in a long while. I might need to make something again...

▲
▲ ▲
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Updated post -- EU still needs fighters. UCA needs an updated destroyer. Soviet Union is done. People's republic needs quite a few...see original post.