Battleship Wars

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Battleship Wars

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Attention! Upped the point allowance of each class. See below!
Edit: I really suppose I should had made a quick glance through the forums... looks like several of these things have already taken place. And to think I had an original idea. No matter, this could be fun anyways, and is a slightly different spin to what has already been done.

Battleship Wars

Welcome, to the year E2550, four hundred years after the destruction of Earth. The various peoples of Earth fled to habitable planets of nearby solar systems after the Great Fall, there they survived and conspired against each other until the time came that war broke out. Now each former nation contests for the resources of each other's planets.

This is my attempt to make rules and guidelines for us to design ships and fairly battle against each other. The way this will work is you will be allotted a certain amount of points depending what ship you choose to design. Each weapon or module will have a certain point cost assigned to it. The size of your ship must meet a certain minimum and must not exceed a certain maximum. You will have a limited amount of sections and there will be a few more requirements.

Each forumer will pick the ship he wishes to design, as well as the nation he wishes to design it for. When it is done, I will record the nations fighting it out against eachother, for ultimate victory! The nations are as follows: The United Corporations of America, the Soviet Union, the People's Republic, and the European Union. Matching colors and patriotic, over-the-top designs are encouraged! It will be the "friendly" team against the "enemy" team, so it will be all AI. A good idea would be to use the weapons and modules that the AI uses best. All weapons, modifications, and sections must have all their default stats! No cheating!

Ship Classes (All ships must have an AI Range equal to their longest range weapon)
Battleship - Allotted 350 points. Maximum size of 300 and minimum size of 250. Maximum sections 100 and minimum sections 75. Speed 2, Accel 0.15, Turning 0.60. Hit points 500. Must have four thrusters.
Destroyer - Allotted 225 points. Maximum size of 225 and minimum size of 190. Maximum sections 75 and minimum sections 50. Speed 2, Accel 0.25, Turning 0.70. Hit points 350. Must have three thrusters.
Fighter - Allotted 40 points. Maximum size of 30 and minimum size of 20. Maximum sections 2 and minimum sections 0. Speed 4, Accel 0.35, Turning 1.0. Hit points 100.

Point Costs (Help me with this folks! If you know an overpowered weapon and I don't charge many points, tell me, also vice-versa!)
Weapons
Beamer - 10
Blaster Cannon - 15
Demeter Launcher - 20
Flak Gun - 5
Gatling Blaster - 25
Gatling Pulse Gun - 25
Machine Gun - 5
Mega Beam - 20
Mini Missile - 20
Mining Beam - 10
Missile Launcher - 15
Particle Gun - 5
Point Beam - 10
Plasma Charge - 20
Pulsar Gun - 15
Pulse Gun - 20
Rail Gun - 20
Repeater Gun - 25
Scatter Beam - 10
Shock Beam - (Don't Use This)
Sidewinder - 15
Tachyon Cannon - 15
Tachyon Driver - 20
Tachyon Repeater - 45
Quad Blaster - 30
Modules
Aegis Deflector - 75
Booster - 50
Deflector Shield - 50
Demeter Pod - 35
Dieterling Device - 45
Flux Projector - 35
Frosch Gun - 35
Gluon Bolter - 45
Gosling Launcher - 35
Gravbeam Projector - 45
Impeder - 50
Impeder Deployer - 60
Lancet Beam - 35
Nano Matrix - 55
Platform Deployer - 40
Rorschach Resistor - 35
Ship Deployer - Do not use!
Teller Torpedo Launcher - 25
Thruster - 0 (Maximum and minimum under ship specs)
Thruster Ex - 0 (Maximum and minimum under ship specs)

Just make a post to claim your ship/nation! Submit it to me and I will add it. I will record a battle as soon as I have two complete teams.

Note: Use only the stock sections, and the ones that come with the game.
Note: Please post a M. Ship Summary with the ship so I can make sure the point values are correct, thanks!

Ships
The People's Republic
Spoiler!
-Battleship-
None...
-Destroyer- Vengeance class Support Destroyer
Armament: 12xMachine Gun 2xMssile Launcher 3xMini Missile 4xPoint Maser 1xNano Matrix +4xThruster
-Fighter- Freedom class Fighter + Malevolent Bee class Fighter
Armament: 2xScatter Beam 1xPulse Gun
Armament: 2xMachine Gun 1xTeller Torpedo Launcher
Soviet Union
Spoiler!
-Battleship- Ulyanovsk Assault Carrier class Battleship
Armament: 10xDemeter Launcher 2xDemeter Pod 4xMissile Launcher 4xParticle Gun
-Destroyer- Raging Bear class Bombardment Destroyer
Armament: 7xPlasma Charges 1xGatling Blaster 1xRail Gun 4xParticle Gun
-Fighter- MIG-141M "Flashman" M class Fighter + TU-212E "Brigand E" class Fighter
Armament: 4xMining Beam
Armament: 2xPlasma Charge
United Corporations of America
Spoiler!
-Battleship- Thundercat class Bombardment Battleship
Armament: 10xMini Missile 2xDeflector 1xDieterling Device
-Destroyer- UCA Blue Eagle Assault Destroyer
Armament: 2x Mini Missile 6xBlaster Gatling 5xParticle Cannon 1xScatter beam
-Fighter- Hellfire class Fighter + Longbow class Fighter
Armament: 2xRail Gun
Armament: 2xMissile 1xMining Beam
European Union
Spoiler!
-Battleship- Royal Guard class Assault Battleship
Armament: 4xBeamer 4xBlaster Cannon 2xBlaster Gatling 1xGluon Bolter 1xDemeter Bay 1xNano Matrix 1xRailgun 1xMini Missile
-Destroyer- Liverpool class Engagement Destroyer
Armament: 1xMega Tachyon 2xGatling Blaster 2xLancet Module 1xBooster Module
-Fighter- Blitzkrieg class Fighter + Terrible Drunkard class Fighter
Armament:1xGatling Pulse Gun 1xTachyon Cannon
Armament: 2x Blaster Cannon 1xBeamer
Retired Models
Spoiler!
kittenpillar100 wrote:One tip I would give to everyone designing a ship would be to look at the other ships already built and see if you can add some of the features on them resulting in a consistent and un-jumbled fleet.
So far, I percieve the four factions designs like so:
EU: Curvy, sleek designs with the highest technology and almst alien looking ships (railguns and tachyons)
UCA: Dense, tough ships with a militaristic style and technology to rival the EU (railguns and blasters)
SU: Big, Blocky, industrial ships with a somewhat low technology (Plasma charges and demeters)
PR: Large, piratical ships with contrasting styles and low technology (machineguns and jury rigged weapons)

Battles
SU vs UCA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgJp_ceU ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by BenjaminEdward on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 29 times in total.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Battleship Wars

Post by calvin1211 »

There's one big problem with the ship classes - too few sections for the ship sizes. A 40-section ship will typically be only about size 100-150. A size 250 ship can easily hit 100 sections. As it stands, we won't be able to build anything of the sizes that have been proposed.
(All this assumes you're trying to make a ship that actually looks decent and not just throwing random sections in front of each other)
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

What section packs can we use? or is it whatever so long as we packadge them with the ship? Also is the section limit a total or just for one side? once the rules get cleared up I'll participate.
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

How many sections do you propose? Also I edited my post with some updated rules.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I made a Destroyer with -some- aesthethic appeal and it came in at 75 sections, minus outlining and weapon depthing, I think it could be done in 40-50 sections for a Destroyer, and maybe 70-90 for a Battleship. Also, I think Thrusters and Thruster EX's are identical apart from the exhaust sprite, so maybe clearing up the rules on them would be prudent, since it is worded like both must be included, which would look awful. :|

If this meets any criteria that you will/won't change, then feel free to use it. Its a destroyer for the EU.
Attachments
Buckinghamshire-Class Assault Destroyer.shp
Buckinghamshire-Class Assault Destroyer - European Union
(20.38 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Oh I was under the impression that they were not identical. The reason I want thrusters is for tactical reasons, since when they are destroyed you lose speed.

Fantastic! I will add it to the original post.

Edit: It appears I cannot download your file... says file not found

Re-Edit: Got it!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

A question, if I may. What version of BSF will you be using? I would recommend STARSTRUCK's Thruster DX, which adds contrail-type thrusters as well as 5 new weapons.
naysayers will be shot
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Sounds great, I'll get along to building a ship, for the people's republic!
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Just the default ship maker. Where can I download STARSTRUCK's?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Right here. Scroll down the page a little to see STARSTRUCK's version, which is the newest and best of the Meta2 test build editions. It has a picture of a ship with contrail thrusters. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5701
naysayers will be shot
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

I'm working on a battleship for the Soviets. Stil needs to be armed though.
Edit: Wait damm, didn't see the section rules Never mind.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

Ive got a Destroyer for the UCA, the Edge of Winter class assault destroyer.
Edit: forgot the specs
Edit 2: new rules version
Edit 3/4: point fixes, IE-extra point defenses
Weapon List: 5xflackgun, 4xBlaster, 2xmissiles, 2xGatblaster, 2xrailgun, 1x lazer
I'd still like to use this as a UCA ship but I'm not averse to converting it to another faction if needed. Let me know which one and I'll recolor and rearm it.
Attachments
USS Edge of Winter.shp
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
SMscreen00.png
Last edited by Wakerz on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

I don't know about the others but the destroyers seem a little weak, I tried 2 seperate tests and 1v1 took about 5 minutes and so did 3v3. This could be remedied by the prescense of battleships and fighters though.
BenjaminEdward
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BenjaminEdward »

Perhaps, I guess we'll see after a nation is done, this is after all a first test.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

It's not just the destroyers, all the ships don't have much firepower.
(Seriously, a Hestia would use up 200 points on its own. A Hectate uses 345 points, not counting the Weasel gun)