The Kavian Fleet

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

nikinor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Kavian Fleet

Post by nikinor »

These are a few ships I recently made when I got a hold of kae_shn. These are my first ships I've ever made with it.

Rhino Class Assault Gunship
These small gunships were first commissioned almost 40 years ago during the war on Gliese 1991. In their service time, they proved handy with defending defenseless stations against large targets. However, they lack proper armor to take on ships of their own size; To make up for it, they are extremely agile and are known for being tough cannon targets.

Impeder Class Medical Frigate
Originally produced during the war on Gliese 1991, these light medical frigates were nicknamed a ship's 'guardian angel'. Only 600 prototypes were ever produced. They are equipped with 2 railguns and a nanomatrix to heal allied ships.

Manta Class Cruiser

Eagle Class Assault Carrier

Please tell me what you think!
stackle
Ensign
Ensign

Re: The Kavian Fleet

Post by stackle »

eagle is the best one and rhino looks nice, i think. but all of them need shading or just some color diversity.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

You might wanna take your pictures while in preview mode (f11). As for the ships, they're not absolutely terrible, but not great either. Try to add more colors and such, but generally just keep practicing. Sectionwork will come to you in time. Also, set the alpha for the modules to 0 (or make them colored with not full alpha, so it looks like ship decals), that way you don't have disgusting stock-shiny mixtures.
naysayers will be shot
nikinor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by nikinor »

Doogie12 wrote:You might wanna take your pictures while in preview mode (f11). As for the ships, they're not absolutely terrible, but not great either. Try to add more colors and such, but generally just keep practicing. Sectionwork will come to you in time. Also, set the alpha for the modules to 0 (or make them colored with not full alpha, so it looks like ship decals), that way you don't have disgusting stock-shiny mixtures.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still working on these.