Okay, so we've got the Chainship going again, and those have proven to be something of a horrible clusterfuck in the past. Perhaps it'll work out better this time, perhaps it won't. This, however, is something similar and yet entirely different. This is the Pseudo-Chainship project! I did this before, I'm doing it again now. You don't have to sign up to participate. You don't even have to go in any particular order. Just follow these rules and you should be golden:
1) You can only add between 4 and 8 sections on your turn, then you post what you have and let someone else add their own 4 -> 8 sections. I know it will be asked, so yes, you can add eight sections to one side and then mirror it.
2) After posting your own update, you must wait for two more people to make their own additions before making any more.
3) If you remove any sections added by someone else, they count as sections you used. If you remove eight sections, you can't add any. If you remove five, you can add three. And so on. This is to discourage people from erasing other people's work while still allowing for it.
- 3a) Moving sections added by someone else also counts towards your section-use total.
4) Colours can be changed whenever, as they're simple enough to change back, but I'd prefer that during building, people stick to shades of grey. This ain't a rule, so if you really want to colour stuff, you can. Fake-aegising is okay too.
5) All ships should be posted with a picture.
6) All ships should be packaged with the sprites used in it. This is REALLY EASY. Click "Tools", Click "Export Custom Sprites". The sprites will be dumped in a folder. Take that folder, move it out of your main BSF folder. Rename it as "Custom sprites". Package it in your zip with Colab###.sb4 and then I won't be compelled to snap your neck. (This doesn't work for doodads, so if you add doodads, you'll need to package them manually (don't add doodads))
7) After stating you will add the next lot of sections to the Pseudo-Chainship, you have a maximum of two hours to do so, which is more time than it should ever take to add 4-8 sections to a ship. If you exceed this time-limit, you forfeit your claim and someone else may take a shot at it.
8) I'm going to place restrictions on section usage, but I'm going to do the opposite of jwa. Which is to say, I'm going to make it so you can only use the sections which aren't
crappy and outdated.
Allowed Section Packs wrote:
That's it! Simple enough, right? Grab the .sb4, slap on four to eight sections, then pass it on. Please remember that this is a community project, so please
try to make your additions mesh with the work done by those before you. Other than that, this is mostly about having fun. (I recommend using the ThrusterDX version of BSF)
Here's the start, first person to grab it and call dibs has 2 hours to get their work done. (I will increase the deadline a bit if 2 hours seems too short, but honestly, 4 to 8 sections shouldn't take anywhere near that long)
Colab001.png [ 2.39 KiB | Viewed 1759 times ]
Colab001.rar [4.93 KiB]
Downloaded 103 times
----------------------SUCCESSFUL SHIPS:IN PROGRESS: