First attempt at building ships.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nocturnia
Ensign
Ensign

First attempt at building ships.

Post by Nocturnia »

Well this ship isn't too good , i've made it with a "Beam crusier" design in mind, but it has some weapons for defence , because of its main weapons' long reload time.

Well i guess it looks bad , and sucks mostly , so criticize away.
Attachments
Picture
Picture
Equilon.shp
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: First attempt at building ships.

Post by Wakerz »

couple things, for a first ship this isn't so bad especially for a spider ship, however while black looks cool its hard to see, you repeat sections quite a bit which is to be avoided. you can import more sprites using tools/import section sprite then looking for one you like, and tone down the guns a bit. but still for a first ship its pretty decent in my humble opinion.
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
Nocturnia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nocturnia »

Well i guess its not so bad then.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

its okay, i used to use stock to get used to the shipbuilder. im sure you will improve alot!
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Nocturnia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nocturnia »

Ok after some time i designed something i really like. You probably won't but this really looks nice if you ask me, and after testing it i confirmed it is beatable.

Its big , its not too pretty . But its not supposed to be , after i get some comments i will upgrade these ships until they are satisfactory.
Attachments
Terra.
Terra.
Hinata.
Hinata.
Terra station.shp
Tarra class battlestation is built for Fleet support and fleet interdirection.
(29.75 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Hinata class fighter.shp
Support fighter for the Terra battlestation
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

ah I love quad blasters... Well to be honest alot of the original concept for ships was making you have to use strategy to beat them. They might be invincible from one side but from another you can take out Aegis generators and such. Take a look at the boss station in game and maybe make some of the outer sections shielded with gaps to where the shield generators are. That makes it fun to try to beat. Also I'd avoid section 22. Its a tempting section but is almost never used correctly and it looks horrible spammed.
Nocturnia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nocturnia »

First , i don't know how to operate Aegis deflectors (fail) and second what is section 22?

By the way the quad blasters are perfect for stations 360 firing arc works wonders.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Aegis is easy; you spawn it on any section, then right click on the section you want to shield and click 'target with module'
Section 22 refers to what section your using. Its that rectanglish one with the corner lopped off. You can see what section your using when you scroll through the list. It works best for blocky terran ships, usually with other sections mostly covering it.
12321YYH
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by 12321YYH »

Those are pretty neat. A bit big but pretty good for your first try. but the terrra station beams are to big
How many men can we afford to lose in this goddamned war!!!