The NSF

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The NSF

Post by mato9020 »

this is my fleet not much but im making more im open to critcism but not too bad please
Attachments
NSF Hazard
NSF Hazard
NSF Saber
NSF Saber
NSF Cyborg
NSF Cyborg
FULL SPEED AHEAD
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: The NSF

Post by Kiltric »

The first two are halfway decent. The main thing with them is the mixing of stock sections with SW ones. This includes having the core showing. When using SW sprites, this doesn't look good.
The shapes are interesting, and despite some section repetition, put together relatively well.

The third... All I'll say is don't mix the bio sprites with anything else. It never looks good.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

the cyborg has hidden weapons but ill make some more
and ill fix my first two
FULL SPEED AHEAD
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

hey guys this is the download for the ships i removd the cyborg and added a bettlestationhttp://www.mediafire.com/?6t4k6bad5k6w1
Attachments
The NSF WarHeart
The NSF WarHeart
FULL SPEED AHEAD
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kiltric wrote:The third... All I'll say is don't mix the bio sprites with anything else. It never looks good.
Depends. The zergish ones? Anna made some pretty good cyborgish ships a while back, IIRC. But you have to be really good to pull that sort of thing off.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

the battlestation is just supposed to look cool it dosent do much damage i havent really figured out the health thing for sections... but if i could get it to transform it would and could look amazing
FULL SPEED AHEAD
Wakerz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wakerz »

these are pretty good but hide your core or get the meta beta those mesh in pretty well, and as far as an organic/mechanical stuff goes tyrannids fuse that pretty well especially in captured ships
being a true soldier isn't about bravery or courage, it's about being in mortal terror constantly but fighting on regardless for your country and cause. Only in death does duty end.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

yeah i added peices so it doesn't show the core
FULL SPEED AHEAD
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

With regards to the station, A decent start but the vertical arms either need more detail around the tips where you put the runway type sections, or just make the arms the same. Asymmetrical is usually better if you can pull it off though. If you want good defensive coverage you might consider having the two sets of arms rotate counterclockwise to eachother. Personally I never cared for those huge square sections except as companion cubes so I'd try replacing those, but if not its not terrible. The rest of the fleet looks good, though I'm not liking the front of the first ship at all. Nor the combination of Shiny and the super detailed sections, though its hard to notice at first. Keep trying with the cyborg thing, but one idea would be to shade the normal sections to match the dark cyborg sections.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

kk thanks for the advice ill work on the front of the first ship there all work in progresses so your advice is greatly thanked
FULL SPEED AHEAD
JohnWildkins
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnWildkins »

Alright. They look pretty good, except for your third ship. I'll leave the whole 'blending' issue aside to people who know what they're talking about, but my main problem with it is the blackness in the shield. That might be with the shield, I don't know, never used them, but it just makes the ship that already wasn't that great look even worse :P

Other than that, can't really think of anything.
Completed Project: TRN "Raven" Battlecruiser
WIP Project: n/a
Next Scheduled Project based on Poll: n/a

Terran Crisis Ship Pack:viewtopic.php?t=5912

Terran Republic Navy Major Engineer
Inner Empire Commonwealth Navy Ship Architect

SpaceTech Industries Majority Shareholder and Contributer
Scav'nga Flu'tiller Mekkerboi