The Kysatria of Samsara

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Centipede ships are fucking awesome. Can't wait to see them fully armed.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Dang these looks awesome.

The legs/oars might look better staggered though, not sure. (They're pretty awesome the way they are now though)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

These are really quite nice, always good to see a newbie who knows his stuff, and I'm digging the custom sprites.
Droid wrote:The legs/oars might look better staggered though, not sure. (They're pretty awesome the way they are now though)
I don't think so, if you look at oar ships (or modern rowing teams), they're not staggered.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

Whoa, that ships are awesome, i love that designs, especialy the last two, Great Work!! :D
I was banned for bandodging.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Bad Boy wrote:
Droid wrote:The legs/oars might look better staggered though, not sure. (They're pretty awesome the way they are now though)
I don't think so, if you look at oar ships (or modern rowing teams), they're not staggered.
But centipede legs are :P
darthriddick
Ensign
Ensign

Post by darthriddick »

WOW! O_O Awesome designs there man.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

False Angel

I wanted to see how well I could weave doodads into my shipbuilding, but... I guess it could've gone better. What do you guys think?

EDIT: A quick redesign. I figured it needed a bit more color. The design is inspired, to put it lightly.
False Angel v2
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Brilliant ships, with an original style, and by a newcomer as well - instant respect. Youve even managed to make glow/aegis look like an integral part of your ships, fitting and not out of place.

The last one is especially spectacular, i don't see how the doodads could possibly be done better. Although i prefer the first version, the second is too busy compared.

can't wait for more!
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Personally I think that the orange/brown sprites/doodads don't work well with the blue glows. I think the first version of the ship is better as a result. But at the same time, the blue glows on the second ship are a lot better than the glows on the first ship, it has a better contrast.

So, I think you should get rid of the orange on the second ship, but keep its's blue glows (if that makes sense)
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Daaaaamn.

You've gone from great to excellent within 3 ships. Bravo.

The False Angel v2 is stunning with the orange accents. The arms are well done, the soft blue glow is well done, the whole ship fits together well in terms of style. The custom sprites are kick-ass too. You've put me to shame.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Personally I think the blue and orange/brown doesn't go well together and like the first false angel better, but the actual use of glows and sections is great, good job on these.
Keep going with this style definitely, as you have a real talent for these things.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Hi STARSTRUCK. How long have you been making BSF ships for? Because their is no way you are new. These ships look like they came from an older ship builder. Great stuff. I will be looking out for more ships by you in the future. :)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I really do like these ships. The glows may be a bit overabundant, but otherwise everything else is well done. Even though you're emulating the work of EriErin, I think you've given your own unique twist to it. Well done, and keep up the good work.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Re: The Kysatria of Samsara

Post by Serithi »

I'm sorry for bumping this, but does anyone have those custom sprites he's using (since the filesmelt link is dead now)? If so, can you please upload them?
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: The Kysatria of Samsara

Post by Anna »

Y'know what would have been a better idea? Not necroing this thread, and instead PMing STARSTRUCK about it, since he made the ships in this thread and is still active on the forum.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.