Custom Ship

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Sarwajagat
Ensign
Ensign

Custom Ship

Post by Sarwajagat »

Hello, first time user of BSF forum. After playing with the shipbuilder for a while, i come up with the below picture. Mind that the quality is lacking, due to me being a newbie on such things. Prolly the proper ship design that i've made, than my other disgraceful ship designs. I do notice there are some errors in the design itself, but well i'm no expert regarding on fixing it, sadly. Below list the picture of the ship and its statblock. Left picture is the ship's design on Ship Builder on default zoom and right is the ship ingame, zoomed in, since the ship is tad small to the eye. Idea behind the Dena is a small delta shaped drone carrier. Kudos to kaelis for making the brilliant sections which made it possible for me to create Dena from 7 sections. Sorry for constant editing of this message, since i'm not sure whether to include or not regarding how many section the ship uses. All that low poly modeling stuff had kinda gotten me...simplicity at its best, i say.

Ship Name : Dena
Armaments : 1x Pulse Beam, 4x Scatter Beam, 4x Demeter
Last edited by Sarwajagat on Sat May 28, 2011 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Re: Custom Ship

Post by LongcatX »

now all you need to do is spritifcate it and depth it!
and whatever else people have to say...
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

For a first post, this is pretty good. It does look a bit flat though. If you could add a little color and/or shading to the ship, it might help.
Ninja-Scar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ninja-Scar »

It does look a little bit flat but it is a nice looking ship and the sections match well.
Sarwajagat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sarwajagat »

How do i include customised colouring and shading? Or rather include a viable colouring scheme? I have relatively no idea regarding it, sorry. Regarding depthing, if i change it, i afraid it will break the design of the ship. :?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The color panels on the left can be changed by right clicking. As for depthing, we mean the higher a section is, the lighter the color it should be. It gives more of a feel of "depth"
naysayers will be shot
Sarwajagat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sarwajagat »

BFscreen022.png
Playing with coloured sections. It was hard looking for them, piece by piece. Slight modification of the center section. Will fix the holograph-y design (first post one) later, with proper depths etc. :|

The cyan-ny lines are doodads and supposed to animate. It's the stock's full line doodad. Scatter beam got changed with 5 burst blaster weapon.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

FYI you can save you colors by ctrl + right click and press save.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Ninja-Scar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ninja-Scar »

It looks great now with some depth but it could have a little bit more(make the darks a little bit darker) but thats just my opinion :)
I'm looking forward to see more ships from you.
Sarwajagat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sarwajagat »

Created another ship, still yet to be named. It's the one with yellow exhaust. Added new 3rd unnamed ship, the one with red exhaust.
roster.png
Ship Design and statblock below,
SMscreen00.png
SMscreen00.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Ship Name : N/A
Armaments : 2x MIRV, 4x Demeter, 1x Fusion Beam, 2x Gatling Pulse
BFscreen00.png
Closer ingame view of ship. I think..i had put too many animated doodads...on the yellow-y exhaust ship. :(

3rd Unnamed ship statblock and pic below,
BFscreen03.png
Ship Name : N/A
Armaments : Red Fusion Beam, 2x Missile Launchers, 2x MIRV, 2x Demeter, 2x Gatling Red Blaster

How do i create an animated gif? That can indicate the animation-ness of the doodads placed on my ship designs.
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

great ships!
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The latest ship is rather nice, perhaps your best yet. I do think the fine details in the front are poorly juxtaposed against the broad/flat/undetailed ones used at the exhausts though.

As for an animated .gif, you'll need a program which can compile a series of frames into an animated .gif. Microsoft Gif animator works well enough and is free. Then you just have to either use BSF's screenshot feature to gather the necessary individual pics or find a program to take and convert video. There may be easier ways, but this is one I know works.
Sarwajagat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sarwajagat »

Mhhm, it seems that i can't get a reliable series of pics to create the animated gif. :(

Nevertheless, decided to look into the concept of the third ship and yeah, the back section seem very plain compared to its front hence i modified the design to put a bit more viable details...still bad at colouring sections however, i have no clue of what colouring scheme to use for my designs..picture is at default zoom of shipmaker.

Also, a question, why do shipmaker gives me mirroring errors? Had to fix the design quite a while due to mirroring error. Sorry for late posting...by the way. Just had been inspired to give shipmaker a twirl.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

For a newbie, your ships are fantastic. I like them!

Also: Hi. I'm back.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s