Anna's Greatest Hits (Now with High Guard)

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Anna's Greatest Hits (Now with High Guard)

Post by Anna »

This is a thread for posting my "greatest hits", so to speak. Which is to say, the ships I've made which I consider to be among the best I've made. I am posting it so people can potentially learn from my successes, and because I'm clearly incredibly vain and just want to show off. :P I'll include downloads for the ships where available, but not all of them got downloads posted for them.

I'll only be including stuff I made post-SWA sections, as the ships I made with Stock sections just don't appeal to me anymore (except for my High Guard Ships, which were pinacles of engineering :lol:)

Anyway, here we go. Starting with older to newer.

Clarent
The image shows the top layer of armor on one side, and the internal structure on the other side. The actual ship is fully armored on both sides. I loved this ship. It's small, but beautiful.

ImageImageImageImage
Kingmaker, Clarent Refit, Camelot and Camelot Refit. No downloads were posted for these, mostly because I never got around to finishing with their statting and stuff. I might still have the .sb4 files somewhere, may upload them if anyone's interested, but that seems unlikely. Moving on.

Absit Invidia
Name: "Absit Invidia", formerly "Resplendent Fist of the Stars"
Registration Number: ERN-01762-G
Registered To: Gregory Malcolm Black.
Ship Class: Retired "Angra Mainyu"-class Warcruiser from the Kelranian Interstellar Navy. Heavily Modified.
Armament: Three Modified Albeda Tech Type-6 Autoflak Cannons.
Length: 252 metres.
Mass: 120,000 tons (unloaded).
Engines: 4x Rockwell Systems Rowena-class Ionic Drives.
FTL: Modified Rockwell Systems Sirius-class Hyperdrive rated for a maximum speed of 50,000c.

History: Originally the "Resplendent Fist of the Stars", a heavily armed Angra Mainyu-class Cruiser in the KIN, after a heavy battle with a well armed pirate faction, the ship was decommissioned due to extensive damage to its hull and internal systems. The weapons systems, FTL-drive, engines and generator were stripped, as well as much of the original armor plating, and what remained of the ship was left to float among much space-junk.

Upon discovering the wreckage, Captain Gregory Black, the commander of an Albedan freight ship, decided to rebuild the ship and become a private cargo vessel. Upon hiring a crew, he organised for the wreckage to be towed into a dry dock, where he and his comrades began work on its reconstruction. By the time the repairs were completed, Gregory was deep in debt, and so his first work was smuggling illegal narcotics and weapons for the blackmarket.

Over the years, the engines and FTL drive have been replaced, tampered with and upgraded many times, and a trio of powerful auto-flak weapons have been added, ostensibly to ward off pirates and stray meteors, though in reality more than a few members of the crew have bounties on their heads, and Gregory isn't especially popular himself.
I always kinda loved this ship, but some people didn't like it so much... I got working on several variants of it but never got around to finishing them, alas. Here's as far as I got on the proper military version:

Moving on.

The Bees.
Arguably some of the best little things I've ever made. They're small and cool and have fully articulated arms. They were pretty well recieved. They are, from left to right, the Workerbee, Warbee, Wreckerbee and Minibee.

I also started work on a bigass station for them called "The Hive", but it was less awesome and never finished. Won't bother posting a pic or linking it here.

Grey Area

Frank Exchange of Views
My first two ships made with Shiny Sections. Transformations are awesome. But I'm not actually that fond of these two. Not sure why.

This thing! I never named it, never did any more work on it, never posted a download, but I loved that engine flare-age. Is a nice thing, I think.

The Ordanian Battlefleet!

The GGG Heavy Industries Assault Force
Download Both Here

I made some other things after those two fleets, but never anything I fully completed and posted downloads for, and never anything I really liked that much, as far as I recall. So that ends this thread, for now! May update if I ever make something awesome again. (I am going to start messing around in Shipmaker in half an hour or so.)

Anna's High Guard Ships, circa 2007
Triumph
Lux Maiestas
Viator Tempesta
Veritas
Aequitas
Glorious Heritage
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Biggums425
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Anna's Greatest Hits

Post by Biggums425 »

Sweet, another topic full of ships!

I really like the GGG-Hi graves, but I don't like your new style :(
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

WHAT!! are you drunk?
all of these ships are pure gold and personally I love the Absit Invidia, it is a stange shape I admit, but there something about it that...draws me to it. I hope you make some more wonderful ships Anna!
Woo your an admin as well!, enjoy your new powers! :3
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Ninja-Scar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ninja-Scar »

These are awesome!

I really like like the Pilgrim, It seems to be that when I did 1 vs 1 between the 2 sides the GGG-HI won everytime.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I really enjoyed watching the workerbee come together. You should definitely post the high guard ships. Do you know that in a google search they are the most comprehensive reference shots for Andromeda ships? Actually thats been the case with several series done by builders over the years.
Also, no Gilgamesh? I know it was a beast of the old gods, but it still beats the hell out of some of the stuff people post. Somewhere I have a scale copy of it using the mini sections, and it was still huge lol!
Anna

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote:I really enjoyed watching the workerbee come together. You should definitely post the high guard ships. Do you know that in a google search they are the most comprehensive reference shots for Andromeda ships? Actually thats been the case with several series done by builders over the years.
Really? I didn't know that. Gimme a minute and I'll post the pics of them in this thread, as well as the reference shots I used to make them, if I can find the disc I have them stored on. My High Guard ships were actually combinations/distortians of several designs, and thus not entirely canon.
Also, no Gilgamesh? I know it was a beast of the old gods, but it still beats the hell out of some of the stuff people post. Somewhere I have a scale copy of it using the mini sections, and it was still huge lol!
I'm not really a big fan of the Gilgamesh. It was really big, yeah, but aesthetically I was never really fond of it. I always prefered the Memento Mori.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

My High Guard ships have been added to the first post. Here's the lineart/reference pictures I used/messed around with to make them. There's some that didn't get used at all, I think. All of these designs were drawn by fans, I believe. Not sure if any of them are canon at all, but the Glorious Heritage one is very accurate to the Andromeda design.

Note: The Veritas isn't based on any High Guard ship. I took a non-High Guard design and tried to make it fit with the rest.
Attachments
1216184198229.jpg
trooptransportyq7.png
seigecruisermy1.png
lightcruiserku2.jpg
gloriousheritagero7.png
fightercarriertc6.jpg
cruiserbr9.png
Balance of Judgement line drawing.png
attackshipjq3.png
Quality Control Enforcer
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

Triumph and Glorious Heritage

Mind = Blown.
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Anna

Re: Anna's Greatest Hits (Now with High Guard)

Post by Anna »

I'm actually feeling the urge now to try and make some High Guard ships on a smaller scale. With Shiny Sections, if possible.
Quality Control Enforcer
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Do it! It'd probably be a bit harder to pull off, but I think they might look even better.

Man. So old we didn't even have a serious grasp of shading. Time flies!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

SW High Guards.

Holy god, this'll be good.
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Flowrellik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Flowrellik »

I'm really loving your ship Designs Silver! Heck I'm also Digging the Andromeda approach on the last few ships.
Beats my ships anyday hehehe.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

Y'know, I call 'em like I see 'em.

I call 'em godly.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Post by Rockboy3970 »

....the epicness....

I especially love the "bee" ships..could you post the download for them? I really want to fly them around cause they are sooooo awsome looking...
Anna

Post by Anna »

... The download is in the post. You might not have noticed, but the text "The Bees" is blue. And bold. Click it, and you can download them.
Quality Control Enforcer