The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by Bad Boy »

Head to the great glow stone, take a look around the place then see if anyone is up for going out into the world on an adventure.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

yeah, we should talk to anyone we meet and see if there are any hunting parties setting of soon, and if there are, join them
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

When a hunting party gathers, they gather at the entrance of the Central tunnel. Since there are usually two hunting parties out at a time, and one will leave every time another returns, there is usually a group gathering to go hunting. Since you wanted to go to the Central tunnel anyways and bask in the light of the Glow Stone, you head in that direction.
As you go through the halls, you pass one of the more battle worn Kamira, and inquire as to it's health. It's surprised, as most of the time the Kamira converse about the food stores, or battles gone by, and not about how any individual is doing. Regardless, it is doing well, having recovered from it's recent fight with a group of furry midgets, which have of late been exploring further east and north. Perhaps it's because they've developed a sort of bony internal structure, or the lanky limbs they've developed. They've been seen carrying small rocks left behind from the stoners, and using them to dig large caverns previously not seen.
You wish the older Kamira well, something that shocks him again, and then continue to the Central tunnel. The alpha Kamira has decided to swim out of his large room, although it's become so venerable, it's taking quite a risk coming out and joining the populace. Any other Kamira could challenge it for the right to lead the others. But so long as it remains alpha, any commands it gives must be obeyed.
After conversing with it about how it became alpha, by challenging the alpha before it, and the recent midget migration habits, and basking in the Glow stone's light for a moment, you swim out to the Entrance to the forest beyond the nest, finding that there are three other Kamira waiting for one of the current hunting parties to return, and two Scar Gork!, a Purple Gork!, and two Vanilla Gork! waiting, too. Judging by the large amount of Gork! waiting there, there's been a sighting of a strong foe close by. You inquire into what's nearby, and learn that there are three stoners nearby, quite possibly planning on attacking the nest. As you inquire, another Scar branch Gork! swims up, too.

you have 9 hp
you have 23 stomach (+2 photo)
you have 9 DNA (+2 photo)
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

ROCKERS THEY ARE ROCKERS!
also see what goss is going, such as 'ohhhh that hot kamira from the pink branch fancies that buff Gork! from the vanilla branch. And stuff like that =3
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

we need to attack those stoners (i like the name stoners, 'tis amusing), so try and gather as many powerful allies as possible and going hunting with ir vision ad maximum caution
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yeah, wait for the hunting party to leave, go with them when they do. In the mean time talk to whoever, kamira or gork!
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Spoiler!
Oops. :oops: Did I use the wrong name? Well, if you'd kindly tell me which one you prefer, I'll change the ones before/after. Stoner or rocker?
You start up a conversation, talking about recent relationships and partnerships between individual Kamira and Gork!
It seems that the other Kamira and the Gork! are a bit reluctant to talk about matters beyond required, but they quickly warm up to it, and you manage to get a lively conversation going quickly. One of the Gork! brings up when one of the Kamira hit on one of the Gork!, and while that Kamira would be mortified if it knew that you'd all talked about the incident, it's pretty funny right now.
After a while, one of the other hunting parties sweeps past, returning... very, very bruised and bloodied. The Kamira in the group are still waiting outside, because the slime inside would kill them if they entered with their wounds. But, the Gork are hauling in quite a few of the furry midget corpses, so it must've been a successful hunt.
The return of one party is the signal for the next to leave, so your group then heads out. The group goes north, around the mountain, towards the Outside Entrance to the Purple nest, where the stoners were last seen. But before you spot any sign of the stoners... You see that hugely high heat signature. And for once it's not darting past, but just... floating there, hidden in the forest from plain eyes.

you have 9 hp
you have 21 stomach (+.5 photo, +.5 algae)
You have 10 DNA (+.5 photo, +.5 algae)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Point out where the target is for the gork!s and then start firing everything.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

seconded, try to get the pressure right so we hit with maximum power.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Das_Hexer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Das_Hexer »

I say we evolve some sort of way to control the spines when we launch them or some specialized part of the brain to calculate when and where to launch them, Otherwise I second kitten's second.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I say hold back, don't fire unless provoked.
because the other Gork! and Kamira that have gone missing would likely have attacked on sight.
this may be friendly, or just inquisitive.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i agree with silverware, we should prepare our spine launchers, but not use them right away. keep some distance between us and the heat signature and try and communicate with it, to see if it's friendly. if it attacks, everyone fire at will
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

i have to agree with vidboi and silverware. see what it does and take actions according to it's behavior.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You quietly tell the Gork! and Kamira in the group to form a semi circle around a point, but not to attack until you give the word. One of the other Kamira protests, that whatever it is, it will become food, but when one of the Gork! agrees not to attack, the Kamira just starts to grumble. The group spreads out around where you can still see that heat signature, and you swim forward, readying your spikes in case it's aggressive. Once you're sure all it's potential exits are covered, you yell at it, trying to get it's attention. It responds by moving out of the bushes, and into the open... but you can still only see it with your infrared, it's basically invisible to normal eyes. And the Gork!'s eyes are normal, meaning they probably can't see it!
Alarmed, but thankful you have infrared vision, you try your best to talk to whatever it is there. When it doesn't respond to any more efforts to communicate, you give the word, since most of the Gork! are pretty much drooling, and the Kamira are getting restless. But the Gork! don't fire right away. One of the other Kamira starts yelling out the position of the heat signature, though, and pretty soon slime jets join in with the flying spikes.

It's extra alarming when several, maybe most of the spikes bounce off the... whatever it is. And the slime jets from the Gork! just spread out when they hit. Only a rare few hits penetrate, and those mostly from what you deduce to be the side. You become aware of a dull red light emanating from the thing's center, running along the Kamira and Gork! in jagged lines of light, and a high pitched whine. Suddenly, whatever it is gives off a bright blue flash, leaving an after image, and then rises up and away, running into a few Gork! above it and pushing them out of it's way. The hunting party chases it for a while, to the best of their ability, but eventually it winds up far out of sight.

you have 8 hp
you have 21 stomach (+2.5 photo, +.5 algae)
you have 12 DNA (+1.5 photo, +.5 algae)
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

D: scawwy!
run away screaming like a girl!
or simply faint!
you don't see invisible things every day do you?