WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: A question, if I may...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 am 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Hey all. It's been awhile since I last visited... I think last time I was here was 2009? At any rate, I've still played the game in my down time at college from time to time, and I thought I'd check out the forums to see what kind of new ships people were coming out with. I was surprised to see a lot of ships will full-color schemes with depth and all that... sprites that looked kinda anime-ish, or like something from an arcade SHMUP. I've been looking around here for where that all came from, but I don't seem to see anything about how that's being done. Care to help me out?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm 
Admiral
Admiral

Well not sure which ones your referring to specifically, but as far as I know pretty much everything is available in the custom content and sprites section. Kaelis is almost single-handedly responsible for most of the new sprites but of course theres others like TheShipwrightArms and Horsemonster. I suggest you start there, but if you find anything you like thats not there, or download ships that are missing sprites, let me know and I can upload it. Glad to have you back!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:04 pm 
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

yeah, as jwa said, the sprites that most people use nowadays are kaelis' shiny sections, horsemonsters realistic sections (you'll have to search around for the the first set, the other are robobits and rocketbits) and the DST sections. they're definately a good place to start

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm 
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp

Here's something I can help you out with: Custom Ships is for ships, not for your questions. Your questions go in either General Discussion or Shipmaking Help. I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:13 pm 
FOOLISH SAMURAI

Ignoring Cap'n Crankypants up there, basically a superfancy version of BSF came out some time after you left the forums, which has all sorts of cool stuff like new guns, custom sprite importing, and all that shit.

So in other words, make sure you're running the latest version.

Also, moving this thread to General Discussion.

じしf_, )ノ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm 

Welcome back, Boba.

If you ever have trouble with the new features, feel free to get on IRC.

We're giving live tutorials to noobs and returning members.

Honest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 pm 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:
I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yeah, I really feel welcome. Thanks. Great to be back. I'll make sure to recommend it to my friends, seeing as that the treatment really stands out and goes above and beyond.

Arcalane wrote:
blahblablaaaa

Ok, thanks. This is monumentally better than what I had. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 pm 
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp

Boba Fettuccini wrote:
I would have thought this would be stupidly obvious, but apparently people wish to prove me wrong. Welcome back, Boba. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yeah, I really feel welcome. Thanks. Great to be back. I'll make sure to recommend it to my friends, seeing as that the treatment really stands out and goes above and beyond.
Oh come on. How can you complain about that? Jesus Christ, that's practically downright friendly for me when someone does something that pushes my buttons. And I even said welcome back! That wasn't sarcasm, you know! I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.

:P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:25 am 
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Spoiler: show
Boba Fettuccini wrote:

Oh come on. How can you complain about that? Jesus Christ, that's practically downright friendly for me when someone does something that pushes my buttons. And I even said welcome back! That wasn't sarcasm, you know! I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.

:P

But we love your sarcasm! Especially in giant flamewars with idiots!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm 
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I've long ago given up on using sarcasm on Wyrdysm, after realising that most of the best targets for it are too stupid to comprehend it.

Oh, I still use it all the time.