Some newb ships I made + other stuff

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Some newb ships I made + other stuff

Post by AzureCrow »

Hello, i'm new here

-my own battle ship i'm making:
the Azure Crow Mk-I WIP
cool thing about it is it can glow (my albatross fighter in top left)
But i getthis weird beam glitch that makes it look really fat and fugly anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

also one last thing:
how do i download the "-Lunarian RH-08 Orbital Sword-class Experimental Battlecruiser-"
In this thread viewtopic.php?p=92426#92426
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Some newb ships I made + other stuff

Post by calvin1211 »

It's a horrible mess of crappy parenting, booster, aegis and deflector spam, and clear wank stats. :roll:
Also, remember that increasing shockbeamer damage increases beam width too.
AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AzureCrow »

geez ok, i'm still new to this game lol...
...Haters gonna hate xD
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Don't take it personally, your ships just show a lot of inexperience with building. My advice is to look around, beauty pageants are a great place, to get a sense of what "good" ship building is. Lurking is one of the best learning methods for newcomers.

As for that ship you asked about, the download link was at the bottom of Eri's post where he submitted the ship. If the link is dead then you're S.O.L. unless you can get in touch with him. As far as I know he's been gone a while.
AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AzureCrow »

darn....looked epic too....

well those were my very first ships so i guess i woulda expected that.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The Azure Crow would be better if it wasn't stupidly overpowered and had good parenting. I know it has stretching but it is done in a sense reminiscent of the stock days of old.
naysayers will be shot
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

haha, that wasn't hating, merely unconstructive advice. basically you're overpowering your ships without putting much consideration into how they really look or play (balanced) in game. these should be your main concerns. i suggest you try and make some smaller ships scaled to some of the larger stock ships which are balanced to the stok ships. try and create ships that are interesting to look at and fun to play with, without being able to utterly exterminate everything and being covered in shields. good luck =D
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AzureCrow »

Okay, and yeah, I wasn't trying to make it balanced, i was just trying to test out the weapons and experiment and stuff.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

AzureCrow wrote:Okay, and yeah, I wasn't trying to make it balanced, i was just trying to test out the weapons and experiment and stuff.
By all means, do so. Some folks have worked out some really interesting sorts of hacks for the game's functions, but understand then when you post ships in the Custom Ships forum, they will be judged essentially as works of art, in an almost purely visual sense.
AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AzureCrow »

mkay warning this is an extremely nub question so i apologize in advance how do i make it so a weapon such as Gat.Blaster fires like 10 beams a second?
I set the fire rate, clipsize, and reload to 9999 but errrr, not exactly doin what i expected it to
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

the clipsize is pretty simple, that's how many shots there are in a clip. the fire rate and reload times are the number of frames between each shot and each clipe respectively, so making them larger increases the time between shots.

if you want a weapon that fires 10 shots a second set the clipsize to 10 and the fire rate to 3
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

and reload to 3, too...
By setting reload lower than firerate, you get a almost steady rate of fire with the occasional 'double' or 'jumped' shot, higher than firerate you get a waiting time while the weapon reloads, and equal means that it is even, perfectly.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alternatively, you could set fire rate to 0, clipsize to 1 and reload to 3. This would have the same effect because the gun would reload every shot with each reload taking 1/10 seconds. This is only for shooting 10 shots per second all the time. If you want a break after the ten shots (i.e. have the gun reload its clip), the above posts basically tell you what to do.
AzureCrow
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by AzureCrow »

so what i want is low fire rate, high clip size, and reload same as or lower than fire rate? (e.g. Fire rate: 5 Clipsize: 100 Reload: 5)
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

5 is most definately not a low rate of fire. i'd say that's a pretty high rate of fire with out spewing out like a machine gun. if you want low rate of fire, go for somewhere between 20-60 frames per shot. try a clip size of three, 20 frames per shot, 40 frames reload, or something like that. looking cool can involve firing fewer shots, not more