The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by jwa8402 »

I agree with silverware, being more efficient at absorbing nutrients would mean far less wandering to find food. Although is the algae anything we can eat?
Also, if that cave is to be our home for now, is there any way to pull something over it? I'm thinking along the lines of trapdoor creatures, since we are aiming to be quick and deadly.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I was more meaning we could have a vast storage hall where we expel food, then go out and hunt to bring back more. It would allow us to survive sieges, or times when food became scarce, at least for awhile. Like a granary.
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by zoojoo717 »

i think we should arange some rocks into traps along the cliff to catch midgets so we can store them in a granary like silverware said.
Please check out my ships and leave a comment! :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5706&p=116436#p116436
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I don't mean the midgets live. I mean their nutrients after we eat them and poop out the Nutrients, though farming Midgets would be a good idea!
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by zoojoo717 »

we should probably also grow teeth so our stomach can better digest our food, and to make it easier to harvest rocks.
Please check out my ships and leave a comment! :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5706&p=116436#p116436
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You expel a little more nutrients. This time, your DNA does jumble a bit. Not a full evolution. You have gained the Digestive Track evolution. You feel you can eat more at a time.
You then nibble on the expelled nutrients. bleh.
uck. Not tasty. Spent nutrients.
You could try dragging corpse to make a granary, but expelling nutrients WON'T WORK. sorry.
So, you suck some food out of the algae (3 DNA).

You have 4 health

You have 4 stomach

you have 13 DNA

You can evolve if you want now.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Grow Fins, Eye, Teeth, for a total of 12 DNA
Then be trying to find what creature creates the slime, we could become symbiotic farming them for their slime, and protecting them in return. Unless they are mean then we just eat them.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Improve enzymes. That way we can get more better evolutions more often right? Though being faster would definitely be important too.

As for any sort of farming/storing, are those plants movable at all? I know it seems ludicrous in reality but why farm the midgets if you can get them to come to you.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You split, finally, and your DNA is rearranged. Jumbled is... too random sounding. you really prefer the word 'rearranged'. You discover that you've got a pair of fins now, and feel bubbles in your tummy. Must be those Improved Enzymes you've heard about.
You then go and try moving one of the plants around you. No good, you end up breaking it off at the base. those deep roots must really anchor it hard. Well, now that you've killed this one, it has no use for it's prey, so you shake out the three midgets caught in it, and eat them (8 DNA).
Since your plan didn't work, though, you stick the dead plant in your hole to mark it for later, and then go down one of the holes with the (YUCK!) slime. you follow it, until you arrive in a small cavern which has several tunnels leading outwards. All of them have trails of slime leading in and out, so you just follow the closest one. Eventually, you notice something. nearby is a cell, larger than you, which must have left the slime trails. It's certainty covered in the gross stuff. It appears to be carving out the tunnel ahead of it, by using a sophisticated system of squirting slime in a concentrated beam, cutting into the wall. Three cuts, and a pyramid shaped chunk of stone floats off the wall. the strange, and probably DANGEROUS cell takes a bite off of it, then goes to cutting off some more. It also appears that it's probably highly territorial.

You have 4 health

You have 5 stomach

You have 9 DNA
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, sounds like a creature to avoid, I'd say back off. However if we can observe it and emulate its ability to produce slime, that would be a good evolution to do. Also the flagellum sounds good cuz you can't be too fast.

Didn't expect the plants thing to work, but to be more realistic, is there a mimic evolution that could make use look similar to the plant so midgets will come to us? Kinda like this
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

//I think produce slime should be something like 4 or 6 DNA, with a +1 Defence as the effective bonus.
//In case you haven't got rules for it already

We got the slime evolution if you look at the OP.

Right lets bugger on out of there, calling those creatures Salesmen on the way. Because we all know how slimy salesmen are! =P
and start to explore the area a little more.
Also how long until we can reproduce?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

I've got a price for the slime ability in my notes. I can't remember the price off the top of my head... it was between 3 and 6, I forget if I counted it as a 'stealth based' ability. If I did, it's probably around 5. If I didn't, it's 3. I didn't make that ability from scratch, since it's available in the game I took the rules from, but they get stealth based abilities at a reduced price.

It took you around three rounds to be able to evolve last time. That was with a successful gestation roll. A tip: at this stage, it actually takes you 4 rounds, minus the number of successful gestation rolls, plus half the number of failures, rounded down.
If you had 4 gestation, rolled two succeses, and two fails, you'd take three rounds. But three succeses, and one fail, would take you only one round.

Remember, the more votes, the better! (update later today)
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You swim out, looking to avoid the nasty looking cell. Or, "salesman", as you've dubbed it (+1 bonus DNA). As you swim away, it roars loud enough for you to feel, even though you can't hear. It's obvious that it's noticed you, and it is definitely territorial. Just because it can't eat anything but dirt, doesn't mean it won't try to kill you, either.
Judging by the jet of slime that rockets right by you. You skedaddle right out of there, and get out of the tunnels quick as possible. It being faster, though, is not good, and it gains on you pretty quickly.
You break out of the tunnels, frighting the midgets gathered around the mouth, with the salesman right behind you. The midgets see the large salesman, and at first scatter, themselves being faster than the salesman. One of them, braver than the rest, however, obviously has a bit of a death wish. It charges the salesman, not doing any real damage, but distracting it.

You notice that the salesman does have something interesting. Some sort of golden glint, although you shouldn't have been able to notice it without sight. Judging by this fact, it must be something really rare.

you have 4 hp

you have 3 stomach

you have 10 DNA

What do you do?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Ooo seems like Golden DNA.
Either we attack now and hope to get lucky and avoid that Slime Gun of his, if we can avoid it we should be able to do well enough in combat.
Or we run back to our nest, eat what we can along the way, then next turn dump and eat some more, then evolve and come back for this thing.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Gonna have to say run, I doubt we are ready for it. Is there anything we can lead it through that it might not fit through? Or maybe near those plants that might catch it? Or :lol: expel some mass at it to see if it distracts it while we get away.

Other question is in order to increase our gestation stat, can we apply dna to raise it directly or do we wait for an evolution that helps it?