Milky way 2550

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Milky way 2550

Post by Lord_Baigent »

Thread displaying all my ships from now on.

(C&C will be very welcome, plus any other advice.)
Attachments
New ship, doesn't have a name really you could name it your self if you want.
New ship, doesn't have a name really you could name it your self if you want.
SMscreen09.png (10.36 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
New improved version. I call it the Cumulonimbus class space station. I hope I improved on the design.
New improved version. I call it the Cumulonimbus class space station. I hope I improved on the design.
Better Looking Klendethu dreadnought, I'll remove the old one after a day or two.
Better Looking Klendethu dreadnought, I'll remove the old one after a day or two.
An ancient space station re-activated bu the alien presence... I quite like this one.
An ancient space station re-activated bu the alien presence... I quite like this one.
Gateship: Born of the same alien race as the particle frigate these large battleships spearhead their invasion into the milky way. Powerful engines thrust this craft through the void between galaxies at very high speeds. The large shield assemblies are powered by energy drawn through the gate, as are the weapons, thus making impervious to all conventional means of attack. Once one of these ships enters the orbit of a star small vessels can be drawn through the gate, either to facilitate the construction of other large alien craft or to deploy small attack ships to aid in the gate ships defence. Armed with two prow mounted heavy beamers and three particle cannons. Defence is mainly reliant on shielding and support craft that come in through the gate.
Gateship: Born of the same alien race as the particle frigate these large battleships spearhead their invasion into the milky way. Powerful engines thrust this craft through the void between galaxies at very high speeds. The large shield assemblies are powered by energy drawn through the gate, as are the weapons, thus making impervious to all conventional means of attack. Once one of these ships enters the orbit of a star small vessels can be drawn through the gate, either to facilitate the construction of other large alien craft or to deploy small attack ships to aid in the gate ships defence. Armed with two prow mounted heavy beamers and three particle cannons. Defence is mainly reliant on shielding and support craft that come in through the gate.
Beam Corvette: Small alien vessel armed with a single beamer. Can be deployed through the gateships.
Beam Corvette: Small alien vessel armed with a single beamer. Can be deployed through the gateships.
SMscreen049.png (3.32 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Particle frigate: Mainline frigate of an as yet unidentified alien race. Armed with two powerful particle cannons.
Particle frigate: Mainline frigate of an as yet unidentified alien race. Armed with two powerful particle cannons.
SMscreen050.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Centurion: Heavy attack ship used by the RTDI. A wide range of weaponry and countermeasures make this a ship of no real weakness.
Centurion: Heavy attack ship used by the RTDI. A wide range of weaponry and countermeasures make this a ship of no real weakness.
Last edited by Lord_Baigent on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Where there is war there is COD
Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Milky way 2550

Post by Lord_Baigent »

Bump: Added two new ships, Stone space station and Klendethu dreadnought 1.2
jdmls729
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by jdmls729 »

Some of these show real promise, man.
They cover an enourmous style range, from colourful dreadnoughts to boring alien space stations.
Some are OK, but lots aren't great.
But the ones you say go together...just don't.
I don't know - some are sharp, some are round, some remind me of fish...
And I think one is what admins call penis-blocky, or something.
"For the stronger our houses we do build,
The less chance we have of being killed."
-William McGonagall
Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord_Baigent »

Making new post because the forum won't let me edit anything, Anyway here's a new space station. Looking for any advice on how I could finish, and some info on weapon/ firing animations?

P.S The claw thing in the centre is the main cannon that can freely rotate, realised that was difficult to see in the pic.
Attachments
SMscreen06.png
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

The claws on the Space Station don't match with the rest of the structure. Clash of different styles. The same thing goes on your other ships--the guns stand out a bit too much compared to the rest of the ship. Some ships also appear a bit too 2d and flat, while others, such as the ancient alien station, looks just plain bland.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord_Baigent »

1 New ship, not sure if this is necroing but...
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Its your post. All is well.

I think I like the claw-thing improvement way too much.
naysayers will be shot