Distortion: a tale of galactic horror.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Re: Distortion: a tale of galactic horror.

Post by TheBuilder »

I fully intend to completely derail this Quest thread and see just how messed up things can get. Someone back me up here.
You want messed up? Did you even bother to read what happened to the last guy that opened the canister? In the end his heart burst it's way out of his chest and turned into a fucking spider! with fangs even!!! That's what fucked up is.

Though if you think going on a killing spree is more messed up than what's in that canister can bring, then be my guest, though sane doctors becoming murders to save their skins is fun to watch too.

(I still say open the damn canister) :)
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

My goal is to build the most epic thing possible, PERIOD.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Chapter 5: How Inconvenient

Marvin continue to hold out the canister, the crazy grin now seeming to stretch off his face.

"Thine choice, brotha. The truth or the law."

I've had enough of this crazy bullshit.

You grab the gun from the desk and shoot him in the gut. A bloody red wound splashes open on his torso. As much as you hated the grin he had before, you love the shocked expression that takes its place. He looks like a man who has just watched a charging elephant crush his brand new sports car with his wife and child inside.

Looks like you need healing! And not of the sexual variety!

However, to your consternation, the expression of shock changes to one that looks like disappointment, though it's still clear that he's in considerable pain. But not dead. This displeases you greatly. He coughs, and talks.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. No worries though. Thou shalt do the right thing eventually, gangsta. I've seen it. I'll convince you the next time."

"Next time? Then it'll have to be in hell, asshole. You'll be dead."

He smirks, and splutters a little.

"I don't think you know how this works yet. Trust me, I'll be back. And thou shalt see."

I don't think so.

You grab the gun again and shoot him three more times, twice in the heart and once in the head. The wheelchair tips backwards on the last shot and Marvin falls sprawling over backwards. He twitches twice and is then still in a spreading pool of his own blood.

That did the trick. Even if now I've got two corpses now.

The canister is still there in Marvin's hand, as if he's still offering it. You reckon you've still got ten or so minutes before the pigs show. You could try to run in the meantime.

You try to collate a list of useful stuff.

There is:
The gun in your hand, with three bullets left.
Two reloads for the gun, with seven bullets each.
Approximately Fifty credits in cash.
A mobile phone.
A credit card.
Three one-use first aid kits that can help a wounded man stay on his feet for longer.

You gather it all together in a backpack and plan your next move.

Plan of Action?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

lets take the canister with us too, just in case. and try to find a way off the planet or a place to hideout until you can get off.
and write a note before you go
Last edited by LongcatX on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

First, write a note telling what Johnny told you, what Robert told you, what happened with Robert's heart, and what Mr. Gaye said.

Second, grab the canister.

Third, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!

They said, "Life."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

LongcatX wrote:lets take the canister with us too, just in case. and try to find a way off the planet or a place to hideout until you can get off.
Reading comprehension. Learn it. In one of the first posts in the thread it was specified that Liners come through only once every six years on this planet, and that they are almost the only way off-world. It was also made fairly clear that one just came recently. Which means we'd have to wait six years to get off the planet. Never mind several other facts, like that the strange occurrences on this planet are part of the over-all plot, and that planets are fucking big and getting off a planet would most likely require identification.

Okay, we don't have long, so we will need to be quick about this.

Step 1: Reload gun, apply safety, holster.
Step 2: Put on a pair of gloves, preferably disposable latex ones.
Step 3: Use utensil to pick up crushed heart monster and place in some sort of small sealed container.
Step 4: Grab canister, grab any untraceable funds you have on the premises, and some loose, baggy clothing. A hoody would be ideal.
Step 5: Put on hoody (or big baggy sweater and baseball cap, or whatever), dispose of gloves, take container containing crushed heart monster, the canister, and your cash, place them all in a bag.
Step 6: Get the hell out of there.

Step 7: Don't write a note because that's stupid.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Just a question: what is 50 credits worths, as in what can we buy with that amount of money?

And how much more do we have on the credit card, assuming we use it at all?
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Who cares about the credit cards? Credit can be traced. We don't want to be traced. Credit card stays, as does cellphone.

Toss the first-aid kits in the bag too. They might come in handy.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Sorry for the wait, I've been on a boat.

Without further ado:

Chapter 6: Fugitive from Sanity

You make ready to leave. After slinging your bloodsoaked lab coat to the ground and changing into something less conspicuous, you decide to change into some shoes that aren't encrusted in human remains. You reconsider taking the credit card and the phone, the phone's just another way for the pigs to track you and the card will no doubt be locked down when they find out what's been happening. You take the fifty-two credits in cash, approximately enough to rent a car for a day, or buy a week's worth of fast food. You grab a bulky leather jacket and a baseball cap, which make you look pretty anonymous. You reload the gun and place it and the two spare clips, including the half-empty one, in the spacious inside pockets. You sling the medkits into your backpack.

You know, someone might make a movie about this one day. Fuck, I'm almost enjoying this.

You look around. You resolve to take the two unusual artifacts lying in your office with you. You spend a couple of minutes scraping what's left of the spiderheart of the floor, and pouring the mulch of pulverised muscular tissue and chitinous legs into a secure yellow biohazard container, taking extreme care not to let it touch your skin. You wrap the whole thing in about three layers of cellophane to be sure it's secure, before throwing it into the rucksack.

One last thing.

You stand over the corpse of the late Mr. Gaye. He still holds the metallic canister clutched in his hand. You could swear the the grin has returned to the motherfucker's face. Still, you prise the thing from his stiff fingers. It's cold, almost chilly to the touch, even though it's been in his hand for more than five minutes. You sling it in with the heartbug.

Finally content, you step outside the building. The sun is starting to creep into the sky, not that you can see it. You can tell because the sky is starting to turn into a sickly yellow haze rather than pitch black. A little way down and across the street, a hobo in front of a deserted McDonalds lifts his bearded face up from whatever drug-fueled haze he was in and stares at you curiously. He has a grotesque pinkish looking mass where his left eye should be that can only be a tumour. It hangs almost all the way down onto his cheek. You draw upon your cutting intellect and vast medical expertise and determine that he's fucked.

Yeah, breathe in that sweet MF air. Land of opportunity.

You hear the wail of police sirens in the distance. Time to move.

Time to pick a destination and a plan of action, Wyrdysm. Here's a list of delightful places within easy reach you might want to visit.

Drew Cross: An abandoned subway station that is a homeless shelter and also a hideout for the Death's Heads, a gang notorious for drug trafficking and murder. This makes it a good place to hide, as they do not tolerate police, but also dangerous for obvious reasons.

Oasis Gardens: A somewhat ironically named park, famous on MF for having grass that survives, barely. You had a relationship that ended sourly with Julia, who is the place's sole remaining groundskeeper, making this a decent place to hide if you can convince her to help.

High Water: A half-abandoned subway station. Often used by gangs to stash illegal wares, which means it's often searched by cops. However, you might be able to find some of those illegal goodies for yourself. It's dark too, which means you can hide.

Trinity Towers: This planned construction project was meant to have three towers. One was finished, one was halfway completed, and the final one never got off the ground before the construction was called off. It is now home to a pack of Vertiks, which are MF's dominant predator. Thus, no-one in their right mind would look for you there. However, even with the gun this is an extremely dangerous option.

Take your pick!
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
TheBuilder
Commander
Commander

Post by TheBuilder »

Oasis Garden, nuff said.

They said, "Life."
Anna

Post by Anna »

Seconding Oasis Gardens. Mostly because I also have an ex-girlfriend called Julia. We can trust that girl, I just know it. :)

And if not, well... gun! :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

Head for High Water. If the cops search it frequently, and goodies are stashed there, there may be an abundance of useful objects and a lack of baddies. Take what we need (if there is anything there), and then head for Oasis Gardens.
Verminator wrote:...I've been on a boat.
DON'T YOU NEVER FORGET!
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Aurafire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Aurafire »

Oasis. 'nuff said. We be gangsta' bugging our ex is what we do!
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

oasis i guess... :?
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
Retsof
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Retsof »

I think Oasis is the safest option, as long as she doesn't just decide we are crazy and call the cops. Do you think the remains of the heart-monster could convince her? Oh, and Verminator, were you planning on including this plot point?
Spoiler!
Freaky black guy (forgot the name) assumedly has similiar precognitive abillities to Dead bald guy. When we shot him he said "that wasn't supposed to happen". I found that rather interesting.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Oasis sounds groovy lets bother the ex and to be honest of she kicks up a fuss there's always plan B shoot the bitch :) .

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.