Omagah.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Omagah.

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Now flame me :wink: .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Omagah.

Post by jwa8402 »

:shock: all the pretty blue...I really like some of the section work, especially the bits to either side of the middle. Actually what I'd add would be some glows(spotlights around weapons, launch bays, etc or something like that) just to give it a better sense of depth. Other wise I quite like parts of it, if not the overall shape.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The shape and section usage are beautiful, and the coloring is solid. My only nitpick is the broken-off looking area towards the back. Normally, you make this work well with your style, but on this particular ship I think it could be smoothed out a little bit. That said, I think it is one of your best yet.

Seeing this, I really wish you'd drop out of judging the BP and compete instead. Frankly, I think it's a waste of your ability to not be entering.
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

Very good ship, the effects in the front are even best.

How you've found time to make your ships? 'Cause looks like they took a loooong time to create.
What can i state here?.......

Go to the TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) homepage
Or to the Terran United Nation Homepage

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5442&p=113556#p113556
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I don't know, while I really love the touches of blue, the ship as a whole just isn't doing it for me. I think its not sleek enough, although that may be personal taste.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I gotta agree with W&W. I personally feel the overall shape isn't really attractive and the depthing is somewhat weak in places. The section usage is generally good but the concept isn't really making much sense to me. The sidepods near the front look kinda random to me and the Kae_generic sections sticking out near the back aren't really doing it for me. I however would like to say that the blue parts in the darker areas of the ship look fantastic.
Overall, I feel this ship could be improved by fixing or removing the sides things.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I believe WnW's problem would be solved if you added a contrast between the edge of the ship and the middle, as of now only the back seems to use it at all. Also that blue tube on the front wings look weird.

Truly not bad though. Your sectionwork and glows was always a strong point.
naysayers will be shot
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Thanks for the replies, guys :) .
jwa8402 wrote::shock: all the pretty blue...I really like some of the section work, especially the bits to either side of the middle. Actually what I'd add would be some glows(spotlights around weapons, launch bays, etc or something like that) just to give it a better sense of depth. Other wise I quite like parts of it, if not the overall shape.
I considered adding some highlights/glows around the weapons bays, but it turned into a big hunk'o blue afterwards (there's alot of turrets there, most of them are nestled in gunwales). I just grabbed the Shining pack, and it's pretty much the answer to all my previous problems. Toned back on the depth shading to aviod making it too hard to see.
Kiltric wrote:The shape and section usage are beautiful, and the coloring is solid. My only nitpick is the broken-off looking area towards the back. Normally, you make this work well with your style, but on this particular ship I think it could be smoothed out a little bit. That said, I think it is one of your best yet.

Seeing this, I really wish you'd drop out of judging the BP and compete instead. Frankly, I think it's a waste of your ability to not be entering.
Haha, i'm flattered :oops: . The back was somewhat rushed, as usual, as I had been working on this ship for way too long, and I was running out of ideas/patience. Shining sections should alleviate that.
.Xrate. wrote:Very good ship, the effects in the front are even best.

How you've found time to make your ships? 'Cause looks like they took a loooong time to create.
This one's been in the works for... 11 days?
Water_and_Wind wrote:I don't know, while I really love the touches of blue, the ship as a whole just isn't doing it for me. I think its not sleek enough, although that may be personal taste.
It might be your taste, as I prefer the more mechanical and terran feel, and your ships have the graceful sexy curves to them. Any specific part bothering you?
25000st wrote:I gotta agree with W&W. I personally feel the overall shape isn't really attractive and the depthing is somewhat weak in places. The section usage is generally good but the concept isn't really making much sense to me. The sidepods near the front look kinda random to me and the Kae_generic sections sticking out near the back aren't really doing it for me. I however would like to say that the blue parts in the darker areas of the ship look fantastic.
Overall, I feel this ship could be improved by fixing or removing the sides things.
I added on the side fiddly bits in an effort to practice working on appendages, and to make the ship more of just a flying triangle. Engines have always been my weak point so using the gnr sprites helped finish it... somewhat.
Doogie12 wrote:I believe WnW's problem would be solved if you added a contrast between the edge of the ship and the middle, as of now only the back seems to use it at all. Also that blue tube on the front wings look weird.

Truly not bad though. Your sectionwork and glows was always a strong point.
Blue toob was supposed to be a soft glow... eh. Tbh, I really wanted to scrap this thing after a few days and toss into the Scrapheap. Can you clarify on the "added a contrast between the edge of the ship and the middle, as of now only the back seems to use it at all"?

Aaand something new.

Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I mean that The lightest color extended to the end of the ship. Making it look flatter and bulkier.
naysayers will be shot
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

While most of your usually excellent section work shows here, the very square front contrasts too heavily with the nice curves and angles in the back. To my eyes, this inconsistency is the only drawback on an otherwise amazing ship.