Hunter's Moon - Experimental Mafia with Werewolves [Closed]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hunter's Moon - Experimental Mafia with Werewolves [Closed]

Post by Normandy »

Guess who's back?

Anyways. Hunter's moon is a Mafia game, except with Werewolves. For those of you unfamiliar with the mechanics, here is a succinct explanation of the rules:

There are two main factions in the game, the townspeople and the werewolves. The majority of players are townspeople - normal people whose only object is to survive. A few select players will be werewolves - their object is not only to survive, but to kill (or infect) all of the townspeople. The game ends when there are either no townspeople or werewolves left.

The game is roughly structured into "days" and "nights". Actions during the day are carried out publicly in the RP thread; night actions must be PMed to me before each turn ends, or you are defaulted to no action at all during the night. Night actions are private; feel free to make up whatever stories you like about your actions during the night. I will neither confirm nor deny them publicly.

Werewolves can only be active during the full moon or the new moon, and have none of their special powers during the waxing or waning moons. One turn corresponds to roughly one week; werewolves must kill/infect in werewolf form during the full moon; werewolves in the new moon still transform, but cannot infect other players and can instead opt to hide; in which case observing players will not find them. A werewolf which does not specify a target during the full moon will die of bloodlust if no target is killed during the new moon. All werewolves are made aware of the identities of all other werewolves, so they do not kill eachother.

The twist: all players can kill any other player during the night, but use this sparingly, as killing innocent humans increases your own chance of being targeted. As well, all players can "observe" another player during the night. Observing a human or a non-transformed werewolf at night doing nothing will not return any useful information. Observing a townsperson at night observing another player will tell you what player that townsperson was observing. Observing a townsperson killing another player or a townsperson getting killed will tell you who the killer and who the target is. Observing someone getting attacked/infected by the werewolf not reveal the identity of the werewolf.

If you are observing someone attempting to kill you that night, then whoever PMed me first with their night action will be successful. Similarly, if two players try to kill or observe eachother at the same time, the one who PMed me first will be successful (if they come at roughly the same time, neither succeeds). If you observe the werewolf transforming, and if the werewolf's PM with his/her target arrives before yours, then you will die, along with that night's target.

Finally, the last custom rule: Once in a blue moon (literally. There are blue moons in this game) a random human player will secretly receive a "silver bullet". This is the only way to kill a transformed werewolf. It is used much the same way as killing any other player - except it can actually kill a transformed werewolf. The same rules apply - if your PM to kill your target arrives after the werewolf has chosen his target, you will not succeed. It lasts indefinitely, so it may be viable to save it up.

If you want to join, just simply fill out this character sheet:
Character Name: What is your name?
Character Description: What is your sex?
Character Bio: What is your location?
Feel free to keep it short - two or three sentences for description and bio are acceptable. The setting is werewolves with guns; so imagine a small closed European village in the 17th or 18th century. Contrary to most mafia games, I may choose admit players after the game has already started. I will begin the game after a suitable number of players have signed up. You then will be notified by PM whether you are a townsperson or a werewolf.

Current Players:
  • None
Last edited by Normandy on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ADMS
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Hunter's Moon - Experimental Mafia with Werewolves [OOC]

Post by ADMS »

Playing Mafia with real people is better, no offence. These rules are a bit to complicated to the normal eye.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

... Complicated?

What on earth are you talking about? These rules look fairly simple to me. Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in the concept.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Scrubs...

Heh, I was afraid of that. I don't think I can actually run this given the activity in this forum, come to think of it. So much for that. Back to the shadows, then.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Hunter's Moon - Experimental Mafia with Werewolves [Clos

Post by Droid »

It doesn't sound that complicated, but I've had...bad experiences with forum-based mafia games :P
(which is why I tend to avoid them)

Well...I could see this working but yeah...lack of activity D: