WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 am 
Captain
Captain

Your ship is rather flat and bland.... I suggest you to add more details if you wish to use vidboi's sections.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:17 am 
Commander
Commander

Much better than your previous ships, I reckon you found a style that just works for you. None work for me =P.

I personally prefer the first of the 2, because of the wing sections (a personal favourite of mine in ships) and the better shading.

Things to improve:

1. Well repeating what is said on a lot of your ships, could you please make it brighter? My screen is on full brightness and it's still pretty dark.
2. Shading would bring out the 3D more, but that style gives you a lot in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 pm 
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

<rant>don't mirror my sprites! it looks silly, they're shaded for one side of the ship and there should be opposite varieties for the other side. i know it's more effort, but it looks better</rant>

firstly you need to look at how the sprites fit together in order to make them look good. for example, with my sprites they need to be overlapped to make them look good due to the very heavy borders they have, but not tiled because that's repetition and it looks bad. i know that my sections are pretty hard to use, so just take some time to play around with the sprites and look at examples to see what formations fit together well. basically i think you should use other sections (such as kaelis' new shiny sections) that are more versatile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:16 am 
Commander
Commander

vidboi wrote:
don't mirror my sprites! it looks silly, they're shaded for one side of the ship and there should be opposite varieties for the other side. i know it's more effort, but it looks better

Would it work if you mirror it to get an idea of the shape and then manually replace each sprite? This would be easier on the smaller ships of course because of shorter parenting lines.

Just because I like your style and I might use them when i'm less crap at shipbuilding.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:11 am 
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

is it your style to give all your ship the mono-toned grayness that give off that ugly vibe of boredom? you should really stop stretching or scaling sections, the blurred edges and line give your ship that "patched up or sowed up" feeling

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:59 am 
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

ok most space ships you see in movies,games and etc. their mostly gray maybe with a little color. if its a alien ship then it's normally a different color but this is a human ship not some alien ship so therefore in my mind i see a gray ship maybe some war paint or a insignia when I make the ship I do what I have in my head. look at vidboi ships they are mostly gray expect the name and ram scoop on the wings that's the only other colors then the gray

Last edited by lonewolf2121 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am 
Pseudofeline Overlord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammar

:|

じしf_, )ノ