Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Re: Fifth Official BSF Beauty Pageant - STARTS NOW

Post by Da_Dooley »

At this risk of sounding like a total wuss, I'm gonna back out on this one.
Have fun, guys.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

You are? Aww. Well, be sure to join as a contestant then! :D

Still one more judging slot open.

Also.

Thenoobiebuilder!

You are hereby disqualified.
for object __newobject1096:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\Realistic\HM_Chaingun.gif

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate the game.

for object __newobject1096:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\Realistic\HM_RealisticExhaustplume02.png

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate the game.

for object ThrusterEx:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
Get out of this thread.

Because I am feeling generous, I will let you submit a new ship - not this one - in a minimum of two weeks time. If it also contains sprites pointing to the wrong folder, your disqualification will be permanent.

Have a nice day.
-Anna
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

[Image
The Crawler
Crawler BP5.zip
(565.58 KiB) Downloaded 3872 times
Freeform category

Not much is known about the Scitar, not even the name of their ships, all we see are massive bug-like ships jumping in from hyperspace destroying everything with lasers or other energy weapons. This particular ship is their newest and has been given the nickname "crawler"
The Crawler is vastly more powerful than the other Scitar ships and should be avoided at all cost.

I balanced the weaponry against Wnw's Curvy alien fleet, so it can take out the cruiser, but not the battlecruiser. Four edited fusion beams fire from the front maw, and three rapid fire radiation cannons can fire in all directions from the tail segments. It doesn't do so bad in PD either.

EDIT- I should mention that its not stiff at the back, thats actually a tail that moves like a tail
Last edited by Doogie12 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Even when it should be obvious which Category you're submitting to, like it is with this ship, please specify which Category you're submitting it too anyway. Thanks, Doogie. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

5. Submissions: Must include an image taken in Shipmaker at default zoom, and a download containing the .shp AND the .sb4.
This has been in the first post since the very moment I posted it. Doogie?
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

O god sorry, I was walking out the door when I posted, Its there now

also a question, Is it legal to use fake aegis and other similiar effects in stock ship category?

anyways, on to my Limited Realism Set fleet(ish)

Destroyer Guardian-with a fun little tachyon blaster

Killer Guardian-with a high powered blaster repeater
Guardians.zip
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 4059 times
High Powered mechs designed specifically to guard crucial targets, such as the new HQ.
Both have very effective deflector shields
EDIT* Added DC playability. Since thats just sweet.
Last edited by Doogie12 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I'm gonna take it from the top, boys. Starting with the Limited Stock category:

The RSP/K-9 Sakuri line of pocket battleships rose to the Legion of Veguaniel's dearth of long-ranged firepower like a rock-hard erection rises from a hairy eschutcheon. Featuring a three-for-one set of spanking new Prion Debt Reimbursement Cannons, these vessels set out to induce intense pain and suffering in Veguaniel's enemies from a distance as opposed to knife range. It was not without short-ranged combat capability either, as those from the Army of Heaven soon discovered the fiery way.

Armament:
3x Prion Debt Reimbursement Cannon
2x Direct-Dump Core Laser
4x Copper-Anion Lemburg Effect Battery
Notes:
1. The core flare effect looks best if the ship is initially spawned facing horizontally.
2. All of the sprites I have used are the ones that come with a fresh copy of BSF. All of them. Including the orange stripes. And the glows. Hell yeah.
Attachments
[SS]sakuriBP.rar
(19.1 KiB) Downloaded 4788 times
Anna

Post by Anna »

Doogie12 wrote:also a question, Is it legal to use fake aegis and other similiar effects in stock ship category?
Yes it is. All effects are legal.
Quality Control Enforcer
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Doogie12 wrote: The Crawler
Crawler.shp
Crawler.sb4
Freeform category

Not much is known about the Scitar, not even the name of their ships, all we see are massive bug-like ships jumping in from hyperspace destroying everything with lasers or other energy weapons. This particular ship is their newest and has been given the nickname "crawler"
The Crawler is vastly more powerful than the other Scitar ships and should be avoided at all cost.

I balanced the weaponry against Wnw's Curvy alien fleet, so it can take out the cruiser, but not the battlecruiser. Four edited fusion beams fire from the front maw, and three rapid fire radiation cannons can fire in all directions from the tail segments. It doesn't do so bad in PD either.

EDIT- I should mention that its not stiff at the back, thats actually a tail that moves like a tail
I think your some of your mecha sprites are in the wrong directory, kae_mechasw1 to be exact.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

*Notice* Entry name changed from Yeoma Class Battlecruser to Yeoma-B Class Battlecruser

I present my entry into the Limited Realism category: the Yeoma-B Class Battlecruser
An Icelantian Yeoma-B in a training excercise above Tanif, in Icelantian space
An Icelantian Yeoma-B in a training excercise above Tanif, in Icelantian space
Originally an experiment, the Yeoma Class Battlecruser was chosen to be a secondary battlecruser in the Icelantian Imperial Navy. It was designed to test the possibility of an atmosphere capable battlecruser sized vessel. The concept proved improvable but the navy saw the design and instantly fell in love with its weapons capabilities. As another plus for the design it has experienced increased maneuverability inside nebulas and gas giants thanks to its OSTVE, however it still had to use its repulsorlifts inside its wings for staying airborne while in the athmosphere of gas giants. It isn't used as a frontline vessel but it found its home in the Icelantian Navy for specific peace maintenance missions and propoganda. The Yeoma also can act as a telecommunications hub thanks to its ECS systems. It boasts large amounts of lights which are used for showing off and for identifying it. Also thanks to the size of it's engine it also is very fast for a ship of its size (not overkill but faster than one might think). The Yeoma was upgraded with a new thrusting system, a more powerful engine, and a pair of Heavy Machine Guns earning it the designation Yeoma-B.
Static Picture
Static Picture
Armament: 1x Sniping Cannon, 8x (6x3) Close-Range Missile Launchers, 2x 6-shot Self Defence Cannons, 4x Heavy Machine Guns
Features: Over-Sized Thrust Vectoring Engine (OSTVE), Extended Capability Sensors (ECS)

EDIT: Fixed download *hopefully* (Yeah my team colors are the high end of my gradient on most ships.) Let me know if I missed any sections.
Attachments
Yeoma Class Battlecruser stuff.zip
Required Stuff *Updated* (@Anna should be fixed now)
(37.53 KiB) Downloaded 4199 times
Last edited by Icy on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Anna

Post by Anna »

Water_and_Wind wrote:I think your some of your mecha sprites are in the wrong directory, kae_mechasw1 to be exact.
Hm. If this is true, Doogie, please fix it.

Also, Icy, there's no need to include the Kae_shn, or the HorseMonster sprites in your custom sections folder. You only need to include sprites that aren't on the approved sprites list. If you could put the .sb4, .shp and Custom Sprites all in a single .zip download, that would be ideal too.

Sadly, due to real life circumstances, vidboi had to drop out of judging. That means there's one Judging Position open again. Who wants it?
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

eh? I'm pretty sure their not, cause I only got Mecha sprites through Arc's mass download, I think...I don't have time to remember that kind of thing.
(i'm not on my building comp atm) Is it all of them or just some?
If it is the problem, is there any convenient way of fixing it?

Why does it seem like everything happens to me? :cry:
Last edited by Doogie12 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

I don't know. I haven't downloaded it yet.

To be clear, all ships submitted to the Freeform category require all the sections used in them packaged in a .zip with the .shp and .sb4
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Doogie12 wrote:If it is the problem, is there any convenient way of fixing it?

Why does it seem like everything happens to me? :cry:
Open the .shp and .sb4 in notepad. Do a Find/Replace on "kae_mechasw1" to "kae_mechasw" or "kae_mch-sw", since both are legit folders.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Icy, there are a few problems with your submission. Namely, the Doo_grungeteamsprite wasn't packaged in your download. This would have been less of a problem if you'd had it in the right directory. It's meant to go in your Stock Doodad's folder, not to just be dumped in your Custom sprites folder.

Also, several parts of your ship are teamcoloured instead of custom coloured. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but, well...

Quality Control Enforcer