Transforming Siege Ship made of 24 karat Gold?!?

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Transforming Siege Ship made of 24 karat Gold?!?

Post by 25000st »

Kinda a wip. I still need to make coloring changes and I'm probably gonna do something with the guns that come out at the front.
I was bored and wanted to try out Kaelis' shiny sections. While I was at it, I played around with movements and stuff and it ended up reminding me of a siege type thing. Sorry for the kinda crummy gif.

removed for further editing
Last edited by 25000st on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Transforming Siege Ship made of 24 karat Gold?!?

Post by Anna »

Thank you, for proving that no matter how good the sections get, someone will find a way to make something crap out of them. :lol: That transformation looks utterly horrible, by the way. And since I know I didn't give those sections to you, I'm going to assume you ripped them out of the preview pic Kaelis posted, because my faith in Kaelis' taste is not so low that I believe he'd give his sections for you to test out.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Thank you for proving that you will always find a way to make others feel worst possible with your obnoxious jests and make the most of your insults to a point that's not necessary or helpful.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Well there's not much helpful advice I can give about this ship. I mean, you mixed Kaelis' Shiny sections with old SWA sections, even though it obviously doesn't work because SWA sections are far too flat by comparison. Your "gold" looks more like an excessively garish bright orange, and the ship's transformation doesn't look like an actual transformation, it looks like random chunks of sections moving around for no good reason.

And there's a massive mirroring error in the middle of the ship, that I'm not sure how you missed.

I'd apologise for hurting your feelings, but really, if what I said did hurt your feelings you need to grow a thicker skin. I didn't insult you, at least not directly. I told you your ship was bad. There are no rules stating that all criticism must be constructive criticism.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ok thanks for the helpful advice. I really appreciate 100% more your posts written in the manner above than in your.. well, other manner. I gotta agree, the 'gold' doesn't fit. As I've said, I'm still making color changes. As for the transformation, there's reason to the movements but the end result wasn't exactly attractive. :lol:
Also, it's not about huring feelings or 'constructive' criticism. It's about being somewhat respectful. Sure your cnc doesn't have to be extremely helpful or friendly but you don't need to include pointless put downs (right?). And yes that actually is in the rules, (1)be respectful.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Id just like to say that i don't appreciate you ripping my sprites without even having the decency to ask and trying to show off your work with them before theyre even released, especially if its going to be this poor. Some common sense, man. That is all.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Transformations should make sense if they're to be used. As it is, I can't really see any reason why things should be retracting, moving, etc. As for the ship itself, the cannon sprites on the side are out of place, and the front prongs seem very thin for a siege ship. Not liking the gaping holes in the front either.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

@Kaelis: Yeah, sorry. I wasn't very considerate there. Your sections just looked so cool I couldn't resist using them.

I've decided transformations aren't for me. I made some color changes and ditched the siege mode thingy and added a few lights.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

It looks pretty good but you should remove a few of the lights as they are kinda disturbing and kill the look
ignore that, the lights are some of the best parts (to me)
those middle sections do seem to stick out quite a bit, but without them you lose a sense of depth, so what to do is your choice
also the little mid section right before the hole looks odd, its probably just a mirroring error
naysayers will be shot