Scripted Custom Weapons?

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

samkiller911
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Scripted Custom Weapons?

Post by samkiller911 »

I was wondering if by custom content you could create custom scripted weapons, like a weapon that does something totally new. Oh, and hello. I'm new here, and thought about creating a plasma weapon, and creating halo weapons like the mac cannon, and again, hello.
Kaelis

Re: Scripted Custom Weapons?

Post by Kaelis »

Hello, and nope, sorry.
samkiller911
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by samkiller911 »

I think that this next thing is unworthy of an entire new thread, so I will ask it here. Where would I find the ShipWrightizer?
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
samkiller911
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by samkiller911 »

It goes to a game site when I click the link. nevermind, I found it.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

you don't need custom sprited weaspons for those things. a mac gun? use a railgun with absolutely over the top damage, a big projectile and a very small arc (so it appears fixed). plasma, use could use pretty much anything; i prefer to use the particle rifle for exactly this.
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

vidboi wrote:you don't need custom sprited weaspons for those things. a mac gun? use a railgun with absolutely over the top damage, a big projectile and a very small arc (so it appears fixed). plasma, use could use pretty much anything; i prefer to use the particle rifle for exactly this.
mac guns aren't necessarily firing humongous shells, though the smallest example i've heard of still fired shots the size of a door, a round of that size could still cause major destruction if fired at a planet like the earth.
depends on personal opinion and what size you think a ship is what size one makes the projectiles.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:mac guns aren't necessarily firing humongous shells, though the smallest example i've heard of still fired shots the size of a door, a round of that size could still cause major destruction if fired at a planet like the earth.
depends on personal opinion and what size you think a ship is what size one makes the projectiles.
vidboi suggested large projectiles because hit detection with railguns in BSF is very finicky, not because of any preference for established real-world or sci-fi concepts regarding magnetically accelerated kinetic weaponry.

Tiny railgun projectiles going at excess of 45 speeds will skip several sections before triggering another hit, which makes the weapon useless as it would most likely pass through the target entirely while dealing less than optimum damage. For example, we had a problem in the metagame where even speed 36 railguns of default projectile size would score 3~4 of their potential 10 hits while it travelled at a 45 degree angle across destroyer-sized ships. However, dead-on hits from the front where the projectile would slam through the entire length of the ship would score 9 hits at best.

In addition, I suggest using custom bullet sprites for sized up railgun projectiles as the default graphic can look pretty ugly as it stretches like a rubber balloon across the map.

samkiller911, vidboi: If you'd like, I can make available one of my own railgun projectiles that was slated for use with a metagame ship.
Last edited by Squishy on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i was also thinking about the reference that was about MACs in halo, and they fire pretty big shells.

i know what you mean about the hit detection, although when using sabot's (as i do) it's quite fun because there's a bit of a gamble as to whether it'll detonate or not. anyway, it would be cool to test out your sprite as i need a decent replacement for the basic
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

This one can be stretched up to 2x in either direction, and has offset corrected to display properly.

It is included in the DVL metapack download, but here it is if you just want that.
samkiller911
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by samkiller911 »

Huge bump, but... How would I make it fire larger projectiles?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Select weapon. Go to the the ED2 panel. At the very top there's a way to change the size of the projectile the weapon fires. This shit ain't hard to figure out.

Also, I know you're the one who started this thread, but really, this is a total necro, and this thread never belonged on this board in the first goddamn place.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Adm. White Haven
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Adm. White Haven »

samkiller911 wrote:I was wondering if by custom content you could create custom scripted weapons, like a weapon that does something totally new. Oh, and hello. I'm new here, and thought about creating a plasma weapon, and creating halo weapons like the mac cannon, and again, hello.
Kaelis wrote:Hello, and nope, sorry.
I'm curious - how does this gel with the recent release of the new weapons in the MIRV beta?
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

That's because Arc has special permission to go into the game's code and do stuff.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Adm. White Haven
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Adm. White Haven »

I figured it would be something like that.