United Lunar Federation

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

United Lunar Federation

Post by Arcalane »

I'll probably not end up making any more ships in this series, but we'll see.

ULF Gorgon Assault Ship:
OHGODUGLY
OHGODUGLY
ULF-Gorgon.png (7.19 KiB) Viewed 8977 times
The aptly-named Gorgon is a sluggish but powerful vessel designed for frontal assaults. A repurposed, scaled down mass driver serves as the Gorgon's primary weapon, propelling high-explosive slugs at tremendous speeds to inflict terrible injuries upon those that fall under the Gorgon's gaze. The Gorgon is not really equipped for prolonged engagements, acting in packs (or even alone) to pick off single enemies in hit and run assaults. Gorgons are constructed out of whatever material can easily be acquired at the time - most models are thus hybrids of freighters and shuttles, with poor armour and subpar handling.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
wingstorm
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: United Lunar Federation

Post by wingstorm »

Looks like space shuttles meet Tron/future.

Its a good design. You should expand the series.
It looks simple, yet classy(?). Go for it.

(!) Oh and I do suggest that you add maneuvering/reverse thrusters for the Gorgon. The ship design suggests a more realistic approach to its design.
I am a user, a player, a gamer. I am the end user.. the one playing with your designs.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

It's got a clean, functional feel to it, and the glows work well with the alterating light and dark tones. Looking forward to more ships with this style, really
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Okay, I lied. I ended up making something else.

ULF Scylla Defense Platform:
Grrrrr
Grrrrr
ULF-Scylla.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 8829 times
The sight of a Scylla is comfort to a member of the Lunar Colonies, but a blow to the morale of any would-be trespassers on ULF territory. Armed with a turreted version of the same militarized mass driver seen on the Gorgon, as well as missile and rotary cannon turrets, this platform can rain down devastation from afar or up close, and unlike many, the Scylla possesses at least some self-propulsive and maneuvering capabilities. Each platform is keyed into the HYDRA Network, a sophisticated array of control mainframes designed to coordinate the platform locations and maximize defensive coverage.

Missiles!
BV=2
BV=2
Each turret (bar the Mass Driver) actually has a burst of two, since there are two guns per pod.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
wingstorm
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by wingstorm »

I saw the ULF Scylla Defense Platform posted some days ago, sorry for this late reply, I got a lot going on real life. (Meaning I am not trying to nerco here, l0l)

I like the ULF Scylla Defense Platform. Its simple in design, looks functional and fits the design style of your earlier ship the Assault Ship.

Suggestion for design would be to find a way to include the light blue colour you used on the Assault Ship. To make the design even closer. May be as "lights" or doodas?

Hope to see more in this design line. We need more nice-looking small ships. Everyone seems to be aiming to make larger and larger ships.
I am a user, a player, a gamer. I am the end user.. the one playing with your designs.