WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:58 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3411
Location: Elsewhere
Hey guys! :D

"What is this thread?" I hear you asking.

Good question. The answer is... it's a Quest Thread. Have you read Ruby Quest? Yeah, kinda like that, except with more text and less pictures. You have a character. The character has stats and items, and you guys say what the character should do, and then when there's a consensus, I write up the actions of the character, and the results of said actions!

Now, the basic premise is: You're a doppleganger. You start life not knowing where you are, where you came from, having effectively "average human" stats in everything. You do not know how to speak, or even understand any languages, but you're far from human. These weaknesses mean little, however, because when you kill and eat something, you gain traits from it. And this "something" could be anything from a mouse, to a human, to a god.

The original Doppleganger Damacy on 4chan's /tg/ used the D&D 3.5e rules and setting. I'll be using Second Edition Exalted rules and setting. You don't need to be familiar with them at all to participate, most of the mechanics are fairly simple, and as the character we'll be playing knows nothing about the world he's in, it's okay if you do too. As he learns, you will learn.

Everyone is welcome to participate, and... well, have fun!

-----

Beginner's Guide to Exalted:
You have Attributes (Dexterity, Strength, Charisma, Etc), and Abilities (Resistance, Survival, Melee, MA). These all go from 1-5, for a character within human norms. Since you may, at some point, be killing and eating things with attributes or abilities higher than 5, you can potentially exceed this number.

1 in a stat shows a low level of skill or aptitude. 2 is human average. 3 is above average. 4 is really good. 5 in a stat represents, effectively, the peak of human ability.

When you do anything, whether it be trying to trick someone or trying to stab someone, you take the appropriate Attribute + the appropriate Ability, and add the two together. That's the number of dice you get to roll for an action. Since I'll be handling all the dice-rolling, that's all you really need to know at the moment. Basically: More dice is better.

If you have any other questions about the rules over the course of things, just ask and I'll answer.

-----

Rules:
Don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.
Also, if you request an action, posting a pic of the character performing said action will give a bonus to the rolls for it, so it might be worth doing! Even sloppy MSPaint pics will probably earn a small bonus.

Mechanics:
>LOOK STATS - Type this and I will post the up-to-date character sheet in the thread.
>LOOK INVENTORY - Shows current list of weapons, armor, other items.
Anything else you want to do, just type it in normally.

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:02 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3411
Location: Elsewhere
You open your eyes in a dank alleyway. It's a couple of hours after nightfall. You're in a city of some sort - probably not one of the most respectable- with no memory of how you came to be here.

You DO remember what you are. You are a blank slate, an example of limitless potential. You will survive. You will consume. You will adapt. You will grow. Given half a chance, you could be a god. But for now, you are frail, and realize that discretion is a must.

What do you do?


>LOOK STATS
Code:
                          ATTRIBUTES
Strength:  **OOO     Charisma:     **OOO    Perception:    **OOO
Dexterity: **OOO     Manipulation: **OOO    Intelligence:  **OOO
Stamina:   **OOO     Appearance:   **OOO    Wits:          **OOO

                          ABILITIES
Archery    OOOOO     Integrity     OOOOO    Craft          OOOOO
MartialArt **OOO     Performance   OOOOO    Investigation  OOOOO
Melee      OOOOO     Presence      OOOOO    Lore           OOOOO
Thrown     OOOOO     Resistance    OOOOO    Medicine       OOOOO
War        OOOOO     Survival      OOOOO    Occult         OOOOO
Athletics  OOOOO     Beauracracy   OOOOO
Awareness  OOOOO     Linguistics   OOOOO
Dodge      OOOOO     Ride          OOOOO
Larceny    OOOOO     Socialize     OOOOO
Stealth    OOOOO     Sail          OOOOO


Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 5, Damage 2B, Parry DV 3, Rate 3.
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 4, Damage 5B, Parry DV 2, Rate 2.
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 4, Damage 2B, Parry DV N/A, Rate 1.

Dodge DV: 2

Soak: 2B/1L

Essence: 1

WILLPOWER: 4

VIRTUES:
Compassion *OOOO
Conviction *OOOO
Temperance *OOOO
Valor      *OOOO

HEALTH LEVELS:

-0  O
-1  OO
-2  OO
-4  O
inc O

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:12 pm 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 am
Posts: 521
Location: San Diego, CA
I suggest doing a closer in spection of the alleyway we're in, just to see if there's anything useful.

_________________
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:45 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 317
Location: Location,location,location.!
Chiiro wrote:
I suggest doing a closer in spection of the alleyway we're in, just to see if there's anything useful.

Seconded, but with a minor twist, First check from were you stand if anything alive is in the alleyway, and if it looks dangerous, if not, just go ahead and see if there's anything usefull,interesting in the alleyway.

_________________
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Image
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:14 am 
Offline
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:27 am
Posts: 922
Location: New Saris, Northern Aralonia
>EXAMINE LOCAL AREA and LOOK OUT for THINGS FALLING FROM SKY

_________________
DPUO wrote:
<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:45 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 1173
Location: Canada
AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
Chiiro wrote:
I suggest doing a closer in spection of the alleyway we're in, just to see if there's anything useful.

Seconded, but with a minor twist, First check from were you stand if anything alive is in the alleyway, and if it looks dangerous, if not, just go ahead and see if there's anything usefull,interesting in the alleyway.


If there's something alive and not too dangerous, it may be advantageous to consume it.
There aren't any downsides to it right? (Plus it may come in handy whenever)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:27 am 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3411
Location: Elsewhere
Chiiro wrote:
I suggest doing a closer in spection of the alleyway we're in, just to see if there's anything useful.
AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
Seconded, but with a minor twist, First check from were you stand if anything alive is in the alleyway, and if it looks dangerous, if not, just go ahead and see if there's anything usefull,interesting in the alleyway.

There's little to be seen in the way of useful objects lying about. You spot a pool of tepid water and stare at your own reflection. Your face is smooth, rounded and lacking in definition, with a wide mouth, a flat nose, and a pair of large, wide blacks eyes. You're hairless, and your skin is an off, milky-white shade. You look distinctly inhuman.
Droid wrote:
If there's something alive and not too dangerous, it may be advantageous to consume it.
There aren't any downsides to it right? (Plus it may come in handy whenever)

((Just for the record, if you want to be good at anything ever, you'll probably need to kill an eat a great deal of things. And people.))

While you're staring at your own reflection, you hear a faint scuffling of feet, snapping your head towards the direction the sound came from and sticking to the shadows. The sound draws nearer, and you hear a slurred, drunken singing. A man stumbles into the alley, staggering past you, singing out of tune.

You're hungry. You're really hungry. Heedless of anything else, you leap onto the drunk man and tackle him to the ground, grabbing his head in both hands and smashing his face into the ground repeatedly. Fortunately, for the poor, drunken sot, it's over quickly. You stare at your fresh kill for a moment, and then you start to eat.

Choose one of the following:
Code:
Stamina 3

Craft (fire) 2       (Craft Fire is used for blacksmithing and creating ceramics)
Resistance 2         (Resistance is used for dealing with sickness and injuries)
Presence 2           (Force of personality, used for a wide variety of social interactions)
Athletics 1          (Used for acrobatics and feats of strength)
Awareness 1          (Being able to see and detect shit)
Lore 1               (Knowledge is power)
Integrity 1          (Ability to resist mental influence)
Linguistics 1        (Language: Riverspeak)

Compassion 2
Conviction 2

And then decide what you're going to do next. You've just killed a man and consumed his corpse. You don't feel any remorse, for you are still an unshaped, amoral creature that exists only to feed its hunger, but perhaps in time that will change.

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 am 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 am
Posts: 521
Location: San Diego, CA
I'd say take resistance 2, you can never be too healthy!
And after that, we need to find a place to live. A sewer/catacomb/old abandoned house. Just a place we can go back to after a night's hunting.

_________________
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:26 am 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 am
Posts: 626
Athletics 1 might be more useful, being able to jump and climb is important to survival when running away.

and I second the look for a place to live idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:28 am 
Offline
Admiral
Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 1685
Linguistics 1. You need to be able to communicate.

Also I agree with finding a hideout.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Lizzie on Sun May 16, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:31 am 
Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Posts: 58
Location: United Kingdom
Lizzie wrote:
Linguistics 1. You need to be able to communicate.

I would have to agree with this. It's set in creation so odd looking things aren't that much of a surprise to some people. Being able to speak is good to try to get people to do things, or lure them into ambushes as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:25 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3411
Location: Elsewhere
You feel your body start to shift a little after eating the bum, a thin sprout of hair forming upon your head, your large round eyes becoming a little more narrowed, your ears shifting and becoming slightly more like that of a human. Your mind expands with the knowledge of the language called "Riverspeak" in this part of the world. You open your mouth, saying a few things, and are briefly surprised to find your voice sounds the same as the drunkard's had. You've got his voice now.

A brief glance at your reflection in the still pool of water informs you that while you're looking slightly more human now, you still have a long way to go. You look through the belongings left by the drunk, and find:
Code:
1 Bottle of Brandy
1 dagger
Clothing

You don the clothes as best you're able, then creep out of the alley, desiring a shelter, a safe-haven, a place to call your own that you can return to after the hunt. You look down the street, dimly lit by the night sun. There's not much to be seen, although you see a rat skittering about and snatch it up, greedily devouring the whole thing.

Choose one:
Code:
Perception 3
Survival 3
Athletics 2
Awareness 2
Stealth 2
Dodge 1


Making your way down the street, you carefully avoid the buildings from which light and loud noise emerges from the windows, doing your best to keep to the shadows. You see an open window up above, from a house where no noise comes. You quickly scramble up the wall, grabbing any available hand-hold before hauling yourself in through the window.

It's dark inside, with a small bed, a faint silhouette of a sleeping person, though they're smaller than the drunk you ate. Perhaps a child. Still hungry, you creep towards the child. Do you eat?

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Offline
Admiral
Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 1685
Athletics 3.

And of course you eat the child, you have little to no morality still. There is no question about it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:34 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Posts: 58
Location: United Kingdom
Eat the person! I would say to go for stealth for now, don't want to wake him/her up when you are moving to munch.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:46 pm 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 784
Eat the bed, run from the child, leave the city. This is no place to be once shit starts going down.

The child is annoying and looks untasty.

Edit: Choose survival, we need to go look for animals.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group